[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smite hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: smite_logo_96dpi_2000w.png (2 MB, 2000x620) Image search: [Google]
smite_logo_96dpi_2000w.png
2 MB, 2000x620
worst fucking moba out there i hope the devs get dick cancer
>>
>we want to make 3D dota
>we could bring the concept of RPG abilities into the third dimension, make high ground/low ground a physical thing instead of a hardcoded mechanic, and create something familiar but really unique
>nah let's just take LoL, pan the camera down, and add wasd controls

Smite is one of the most perfect examples of wasted potential out there
>>
assfaggot
>>
It's the only MOBA that I find fun. I play at least a match a day. I played LoL and DOTA 2 for a week or so each and got bored

Mostly I just like the controls and that its all mythological figures and not just whatever lolsorandum champion they try to cram into their "lore"
>>
>>321730745
>and that its all mythological figures and not just whatever lolsorandum champion they try to cram into their "lore"
>I like that they locked themselves into an extremely limited theme instead of being free to create any design they want
>>
>>321730480
You played Gigantic? It's fun but they really got fucked in that ass when they signed that deal with Microsoft for W10/Xbox One exclusivity. Alienating a lot of players for a pretty fun game.
>>
>>321731076
I'm not upgrading to win 10 so if it's a good game, then shit, too bad
>>
>>321731038
But I like the theme they locked themselves into. Mythology is cool. And it's not like they're going to run out of options any time soon. There's still a shit load of gods and mythological monsters and shit that they have available. Plus they're adding weaboo gods this year.

I got bored with LoL because the characters just didn't do anything for me. DOTA was even worse
>>
File: nox.gif (4 MB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
nox.gif
4 MB, 680x510
>>321729348
Smite is the the best moba out there. The matchmaking is fucking garbage but the gameplay is fucking great.
>>
>>321731531
>caring about character design over gameplay in a pure multiplayer game with no story or lore
>>
File: 1414391298992.jpg (17 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1414391298992.jpg
17 KB, 256x256
>>321731735
>LoL with all of its problems retained with a lower camera shoehorned in, none of the gameplay concepts or abilities reconceptualized to take advantage of the new perspective
>good
>>
Like everyone I'm friends with on steam likes smite.

Disgusting.
>>
>>321729348
But it's the most fun of the ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>321729348
>playing mobas at all
>>
>>321730480
I played in that closed test they had for Paragon about a week or two ago that shit has high and low ground. It's actually pretty fun too. You can aim up and down and jump over stuff not like how in Smite how jumping does nothing.
>>
>>321732074
>that shit has high and low ground
YOU UNDERESTIMATE ME
>>
>I'm too dumb for Dota or LoL
>Smite

Kappa
>>
>>321732367
more like
IT'S OVER ANAKIN, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
>>
>>321731076
Too bad, im not updating to win 10 and I'm not paying for live anymore.

Fuck microshit.
>>
>>321731871
>>321731739
>>321731038
>>321730480
Are you autistic? Do you really feel the need to meme text for your argument and quote no one?
Kill yourself seriously I hope you dont act like this in public
>>
>>321729348
but it brought back tribes ascend
>>
>>321732806
How are you enjoying your first week on /v/?
>>
File: 1280.jpg (173 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280.jpg
173 KB, 1280x720
>>321731281
I'm mentally retarded and upgraded just to play it after getting a code and I don't hate W10 and am looking forward to when it comes back. W10 is just W8 but without the optional tablet interface. I'd understand not wanting the free upgrade at launch but it's seems pretty alright now.

You're missing out anon, but maybe Paragon'll be okay. Everybody's making their own fucking third person MOBA/fps/tps hybrid game now. That anon a few posts up says Paragon's okay and that'll probably be playable on W7 or whatever the fuck you're on.
>>
I gave it a go a while ago, played the tutorial shit and thought, "wow, this isn't half bad. I'm kind of hookedto it despite how repetitive the gameplay is"

but then I saw that stupid fucking gem system

and the fact that they do hero rotations like LoL instead of having them all unlocked like Dota 2.

When I was playing one of the heros in rotation was the fucking squirrel that just spouted nut jokes the whole time

and then some fag was playing that portal guy but with a special skin/voicepack or whatever that made it autotuned dubstep themed. Honestly it was a big fucking turn off and I've since uninstalled.
>>
>>321729348
Smite is fun. Its the community that runs it.
Everyone is a coward and afraid to attack.
I'm usually top damage as the tank.
I basically just yell at guys all day and tell them they are beta males afraid to initiate combat.
>>
>>321732864
>W10 is just W8 but without the optional tablet interface. I'd understand not wanting the free upgrade at launch but it's seems pretty alright now.
Are you not aware of the telemetry? That's the main reason people are avoiding it.
>>
>>321732841
it fucking KILLED tribes
>>
>>321733020
it brought it back from the dead anon
>>
>>321732937
>picks the god known for talking shit and aggravating other people
>gets upset
>>
>>321733020
once smite and it's microtransaction shit hit the PC, Hi-Rez removed all the pay2win shit from tribes ascend. ever since then more and more people have been playing it
>>
>>321729348
>worst
While it is one of the worst, you're stealing a title that bongs to HotS.

If not for anything in the game, then at least for the terrible economic models of Heroes of the Storm.

Smite is shit, don't get me wrong, it's a terrible game.
But it has one of the best economic models in Dotalikes, second only to Dota2.
>>
>>321733180
it's not that it was aggrivating anon, it's just that it wasn't funny. It was pretty much the kind of funny that my grandpa would find funny. They get a fucking squirrel, and the best they can do is nut jokes, because hur hur hur squirrels like nuts, durrrrrr
>>
RIP Nu wa
fuck Hi-Rez
>>
>>321732983
Pretty sure all that stuff can be turned off? If that's the case wouldn't the problem only be for massive retards who can't click some buttons?
>>
>>321733573
Why would people be making a fuss about it if you could? Because it's in Win 7 and 8 too, but you can "disable" it in there by just blocking the updates that add it.
>>
File: Global-Agenda-PC.jpg (279 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Global-Agenda-PC.jpg
279 KB, 1680x1050
The devs stopped working on Global Agenda because of this shit.

I loved that game now its dead. Why must everything I enjoy become dead?
>>
>>321732074
Do you need to do anything to apply for this other than make an account?
>>
>>321729348
I like it because it's a MOBA that lasts for about 20 minutes max rather than 50, alongside decent character design

That and it was the closest thing to Super Monday Night Combat ;_;
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.