[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sunless Sea Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: photo-original.jpg (280 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
photo-original.jpg
280 KB, 1536x1152
Any other zailors browsing /v/ tonight?
>>
>>321721034
selfless bump
>>
I export sunlight and run the risk of going insane constantly. Totally worth
>>
>>321721034
pretty cool gam. kill beast crab but madness surviev sea sun
>>
I hate how hard it is to get money in the beginning of the game...
>>
>>321721034
I haven't zailed in months, ze zeas air is calling me.
>>
>>321722470
>>321722358
>>321722029
>>321721715
>>321721319
>>321721034
Kill yourself.
>>
Is this game worth it? I read that it's pretty much atmosphere > story > gameplay and that isn't that good to me.
>>
File: 1389528936009.png (277 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1389528936009.png
277 KB, 640x480
>>321722582
>>
If you can stomach the kind of repetative grind at the start (without money, you aren't getting anything done, and the safest way to get money is transportation quests), the fucking depressing nature of the atmosphere is enough to carry me to darker horizons. 8/10, easy.
>>
I used a cheat engine to get a shit ton of money and then explored to my hearts content. Also Maybe's Rival is best girl
>>
>>321722862
I pirated and played it a year or so ago and I don't remember there being transportation quests or really and reliable way to make a reasonable amount of money. Has that changed?
>>
>>321722639
It's worth the 5 bucks.
Story isn't necessary and the game is very repetitive in the beginning but after you've got a proper boat, full crew and a nice sum of money, the true game only begins. If you've seen the trailer you should know what to expect. Battling is a pain in the ass though as most of the enemies flank you from behind (this will be the main reason for your dying in the beginning of the game).

Honestly this game is a solid 8/10.
>>
>>321723090
Right out the get go, you can bring a dude to a town north, stopping at an island along the way to say Hi (and get free money). Delivering him unlocks enough money to get around for a bit and go quest, and the easiest one I found involves bringing shit from the main town to this floating ship in the middle of fuckoff nowhere. It's a dangerous route if you deviate in the slightest, but going straight there nets you an easy profit and nothing will attack you, so just spam that until you're comfortable.
There's some steam guides that give more information, I'm floating around right now looking for the city of boats. I'm getting supremely shit on by these fucking random events.
>>
got bored with it because nothing ever changes

it's comfy as fuck and I love the writing but goddamn, once you finish an island there's almost no reason to go back

will probably pick it up again once the Unterzee xpack or whatever it's called is released

I really wish they updated this game as much as that retarded browser one, tried getting into that but browser games are such shit

SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE SUN THE
>>
File: Sunless-Sea-eye.jpg (16 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Sunless-Sea-eye.jpg
16 KB, 350x350
anyone else remember their first encounter with the eye?
scared me shitless...
>>
>>321723861
I've yet to encounter it but it makes me ask a lot questions whenever I see images of it.
>>
File: 1372648642933.jpg (15 KB, 320x290) Image search: [Google]
1372648642933.jpg
15 KB, 320x290
>>321723861
the trailer spoiled it for me but was still surprised as fuck when I found it

Kingeater's Castle was way more harrowing

>run out of fuel
>pray to Salt
>end up at Kingeater's Castle
>Lose Your Mind
>(Do Not Choose This!)

I chose it
>>
>>321723861
I saw it twice, but when I passed over I got a random event that slew half my crew.
I took that as a sign from Salt and tend to drive around shit now.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.