[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this game two weeks ago. When am I supposed to have fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: DESTINY TAKEN-400x564.jpg (47 KB, 400x564) Image search: [Google]
DESTINY TAKEN-400x564.jpg
47 KB, 400x564
I bought this game two weeks ago. When am I supposed to have fun?
>>
it gets good around the 750 hour mark
>>
>>321720731
If you have friends that also play, raiding with people other than randoms is pretty fun.
Also once your good enough online, trials of osiris is something too look forward too.
>>
When you get a raid squad.
>>
it's a lvl elitist game if you not a high lvl no one really is interested in helping
>>
File: 1402422807951.jpg (140 KB, 896x720) Image search: [Google]
1402422807951.jpg
140 KB, 896x720
>>321720731
>XBone
You actually can never have fun because the only people that play it are on PS3/4
>>
>>321720731
When you get friends to play with
>>
>>321720731
dont worry bro it gets fun at about 1000 hours
>>
>>321723664

completely false.
>>
Snapping the disc and playing an actually fun game was my favorite part.
>>
>>321723664
That's because sonyggers have shit taste in games

It's literally Halo: But much worse and with terribly half-baked MMO elements and 0 story
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (46 KB, 1277x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
46 KB, 1277x720
they fucked the meta again. That all i'm going to say
>>
You literally had to have been playing since launch to have all the good shit. It's a bad game anyway, should have done your fucking research, you fucking retard.
>>
>>321725252

>You literally had to have been playing since launch to have all the good shit

Not since The Taken King and even before it was only the case if you wanted the absolute best to the point of overkill.
>>
When you put it into the xbone and bot it up my friend
>>
I loved it from the start. Not that much into shooters but it has a charming thing to it.
>>
File: 1372697604566.jpg (59 KB, 531x419) Image search: [Google]
1372697604566.jpg
59 KB, 531x419
>>321720731
>playing destiny
>try out crucible
>literally my first online fps experience
>die all the time to shotgun shitters
>only choice is to become one

made getting the universal remote fun though
>>
>>321720731
You're supposed to have gotten it years ago, that's it.

There is no point in starting out in Destiny right now. Anyone who plays the game already will expect you to level up to their level on your own. You will rarely get help from people, so you're probably going to be stuck playing through the multiplayer to level up. Once you do level up, you get the pleasure of going through the boring-as-sin campaign. Congratulations, you've gone through everything in vanilla Destiny.

The Taken King is slighly more fun, but once you go through the campaign once, there's very little else to do. By the time you reach the maximum level and catch up with everyone else so you can play in raids or in teams, there will barely be any worthwhile content left. Either you play multiplayer or grind missions for gear, mainly the endboss raid and its harder variation. That's it. You don't get very much for repeating earlier-game missions or raids. By the time you reach max level, all but the two raids from TTK are useless.
>>
So, how fucked is PvP in TTK? Because last time I played it was a Thorn-pocalypse.
>>
>>321724215
shut the fuck up. did you even played destiny? you bait sucker.
>>
>>321728930
i said the same thing earlier in the thread but thanks for going into detail i stop playing because of the way non top tier players are treated
>>
>>321720731
when you get friends to play with.
>>
>>321729450
I know that from experience. Snagged a copy around September, and played it to max level until about 2 weeks before the year 2 reset. That entire fucking grind was done pretty much entirely on my own, with the exception of one friend who helped me out through a raid.

Then after TTK, I grinded it to maximum, and while that was fun for a bit, there was practically nothing to keep me tied to the game. The only reason to keep grinding is to grind more effectively in the future.

>>321729567
If you're a starting player, you're usually expected to grind to a certain level to be able to play with everyone. That grinding isn't fun, at all.
>>
>>321728930
you just said one big true, but only one! and its about the useless raids. people complains about no one helping them , but the true is... if you dont have friends to paly or you basically suck at the game, better forget about raiding or what ever. and the repetitive shit about reaching maximum level is what happens in every mmo.

osiris is quite fun and competitive.
>>
>>321729884
I did have friends to play with, but even then we were doing the exact same thing once a week for three different characters. It gets repetitive after the second week. Made it to light level 307 before Hard-Mode Oryx came out, so I don't think I got a good taste of the game.
>>
>>321729406
from what i can tell he's completely right >>321724215
except the story part sony fags won't buy a game unless it's got top tier story while sacrificing gameplay to the point of it being debatable of it not being a game just a interactive movie
>>
>>321727849
>tfw 360 quick scope sniper

Shotguns suck and are a diet mountain dewer choice
>>
>>321730036
it was and its still fun for me. its probably not your kind of game, people expects thw wrong thing when they get destiny.
>>
>>321720731
When it happens
>>
>>321730056

well maybe you can tell too much. i mean "literallyhalo" thats completely wrong. titans are basically spartans i have to admit but its not " literally Halo"
>>
>>321729406
Not that guy but he just explained destiny perfectly. If you think destiny is any better than he described, you are 100% a mongoloid. yes I played it
>>
Challenge mode in The King's Fall raid was a complete let down.
>>
>>321720731
>Xbox One
Why on earth would you play Destiny when you have access to Halo 5?
>>
>>321720731
OP it sounds like you would enjoy this article http://tevisthompson.com/the-existential-art/
>>
good point i know it's common for devs to use the same engine in all of it's just the marathon engine bugs me
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.