[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a game drag on for too long?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1371475249360.jpg (114 KB, 634x674) Image search: [Google]
1371475249360.jpg
114 KB, 634x674
Can a game drag on for too long?
>>
Bioshock after confronting Andrew Ryan
>>
even the animals are ugly in asia
>>
MGSV: The Phantom Pain
>>
>>321716860
I agree. Either they shouldve saved ryan for later or cut a segment after. I remember there were quite a few

Assasins creed II. Its the only one i have played and it was pretty cool for how FUCKING BORING it was to play. It was seriously boring and long I never thoughtit was going to end
>>
Okami definitely drags its heels.

The final boss makes up for it but really the whole snow area just feels unnecessary
>>
Okami. I've never beaten it because I get burned out around the time I get to Kamui, which is a shame because that's probably the best part of the game.
>>
>>321716568
AC syndicate after AC brotherhood
>>
Second half of HL2
First half of Episode 1
>>
I think it's more of a pacing issue than anything. Some games are long as fuck but they don't drag because the devs knew how to segment it up into chapters/episodes with more immediate goals.

A lot of people say Alien Isolation was too long but it was just that 'no alien' segment that went on too long, because they wanted that twist with the hive.
>>
Yes, just look at the guy posting the hourly "I don't get the appeal of Undertale/Tell me Undertale is babde withous using phrase x" thread

that game got old fast.
>>
>>321716568
Doing most everything in xenoblade X, already 210+ hours, still only on chapter 10.

I took a break because I got burnt out, it was going on too long.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.