[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /v/ still play MH4U?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png (1 MB, 902x800) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH4U_N3DS.png
1 MB, 902x800
Does /v/ still play MH4U?
>>
>>321714907
No, cross is new game.
>>
nah. got to g rank. solo'd the double apex rajang. did all the jap dlc. figured that was the best it's gonna get. stopped playin.

i wouldnt mind goin back for shits and giggles I guess
>>
I played a bit last night

I love the game, I jsit never went past high-rank

The gameplay is great, and especially fun on multiplayer and impressive for a 3DS.

I just wasn't feeling the grind
>>
>>321715072
Wow not even a year old and already dead.
>>
any advice for a new player fighting Gore Magala?
>>
I just got the ship and I was too scared to fight a poison monster so i put it down
>>
>>321715549
Make your palicoes heal and be fast. Blocking didnt work well for me.
>>
>>321715549
Stay under his back legs, that's its most open spot as he takes a while to turn and attack you if you're down there

Run around and dodge alot

Hit it until it dies
>>
yeah, I stopped a few days ago cuz new games, but I'll still play it sometime in the near future
>>
>>321714907
Why is the ds version called Ultimate? Just marketing? Is there a regular mh4 non ultimate version?

3U was on wiiu, so that made sense. 4U on ds does not.
>>
I got to the very end of silver crown and now I haven't played in a month or two. I'd been playing with my friend a lot, but he quit. I always think, "oh maybe I'll play today," but there's nothing left to really advance, I've fought everything I want to fight, and some things far too many times. I was having fun making clown suits and trying new weapons, but there's nothing interesting to do with any of them anymore.

help me /v/
>>
>>321718556
Ultimate signifies a game with G-rank. Japan gets the normal game first, then the ultimate version, then we get the port of the ultimate version. That's why MHX never ever
>>
I only play with friends.
>still need three elder dragon gems
>>
>>321714907
Nope, cant stand monhun on Nintendo handhelds. I play 3U on on WiiU though.
>>
>>321715445
It's literally the opposite of a grind. Each rank has x number of quests you have to do once each to advance. Maybe you have to take a day per rank to collect mats for armor or weapons but if you're good, that can be it. I grind in monster hunter because to me it's fun to have tons of options, but I essentially beat the game with four sets of armor and a couple of charge blades and gunlances.
>>
>>321719912
>It's literally the opposite of a grind.
You're retarded.
>>
>>321719912
>grind
>doing repetitive tasks for leveling

don't lie to yourself, m9
>>
>>321719498
Eh, that "trend" only existed for 4U. The list of mainline MH games and whether or not they got localized is as follows

Monster Hunter(yes)
Monster Hunter G(no)
Monster Hunter Portable/Freedom(yes)
Monster Hunter 2 Dos(no)
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd/Freedom 2(yes)
Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G/Freedom Unite(yes)
Monster Hunter 3 Tri(yes)
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd(no)
Monster Hunter 3G/U(yes)
Monster Hunter 4(no)
Monster Hunter 4G/U(yes)
Monster Hunter Cross(no)

There really isn't a consistency in how they get localized at all, and considering MHX's nature as a singular 10th anniversary title, I doubt it'll see a G-rank expansion, so if it doesn't get localized then oh well.
>>
>>321719498
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation.
>>
>>321714907
I finally made G-Rank on Xmas. Dala was giving me SO MUCH SHIT. I kept timing out, like I could get the subquest in 3 minutes flat. But even when I would just WAIL on that fucker, I couldn't win. Then I gemmed my Attack up, Feline-Gourmet my Dragon-defense, Used a high Dragon-Element GS and just went to town (also used Demon-pills and MDD for that extra hitting power.) Lucked out when I missed the tower-jump, and landed near his (weak) back leg.
>>
>>321720034
>>321720419
Grind is when you have to fight six hundred identical enemies while walking circles in a field because the developer wanted you to "get three more hours" out of their game before you fight the next boss. You can do nothing but key quests one after another through your entire file on monster hunter and never have to repeat a thing if you're good. Grinding is getting numbers until the game says your numbers are bigger than the obstacles' numbers, monster hunter is just getting what you need and then taking shit down
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.