[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought pic related. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Halo-5-car-768x475.jpg (58 KB, 356x500) Image search: [Google]
Halo-5-car-768x475.jpg
58 KB, 356x500
Just bought pic related. What am I in for?
>>
Decent game, a bit repetitive, some fun level design the first time around, great music, okay combat, okay puzzles, generic story, nice charm
>>
greatest zelda of all time
>>
plenty music
>>
An okay experience that /v/ will shit on regardless.
>>
>>321712502
You now have an offline way of updating a wii to easily hackable firmware.
>>
Puzzles, handholding, and very hit or miss level design and objectives. At least worth one playthrough, though.
>>
>>321712502
A companion that gets old as fuck for interrupting every 3 minutes to give you some irrelevant percentile on what's happening. Learn how to stomach that and it's somewhat decent.
>>
>>321712502
A good game. It has some of the best combat in any 3D Zelda. People just hate it because of the motion controls, even though they actually worked perfectly.
>>
>>321716174
>game literally comes with a button dedicated to fixing the motion controls when they inevitably go out of alignment
>"the motion controls worked perfectly"
>>
>>321716310
>chooses not to fix controls with convenient button
>muh bad controls
>>
Overworld with even less stuff than Wind Waker, repeated stages stages with slightly tweaked fetch quest objectives, and a companion that will treat you like a fucking idiot baby child and explain things that were already fucking explained to you.
>>
>>321716174
can't play it if you're a lefty though
>>
>>321712502
surprisingly the worst game in the series. the only positives I can think of is it has a nice color pallet and the NPCs aren't as fuck ugly as TPs. Besides that there is nothing good even the music is bad
>>
>>321716560
it gets pretty annoying doing it every 30 minutes and I dont think it ever completely fixes it, just makes it more bearable
>>
>>321716174

>It has some of the best combat in any 3D Zelda.

I found it to be a considerable regression from the likes of TP once you look past the ability to use basic swings at any angle, which is only really used to play Simon Says against cartoonish enemy block patterns anyways.
>>
Disappointing plot and annoying characters. Extremely annoying boss that repeats after every dungeon. Harp minigame that will make you want to claw your eyes out. Nice music.

Overall 7/10, worth your time.
>>
SLOW AS FUCK TEXT CRAWL
good game though
>>
>>321716805

>can't even remember Timeshift Stones

Never mind SS's other passable points, those stones were a fucking GOAT mechanic.
>>
>>321716310
>SS critics think the game would have been better apparently if there was no way to recalibrate the controls
>>
I tried replaying it last month and I couldn't do it.

Too much hand holding and wagglan
>>
>>321717367
The point is if a button to fix the controls even needs to exist, the controls need some more work.
>>
>>321716741
I play games with motion controls just fine.

>>321716174
The controls are very good, you just have to get used to it, like with resetting the pointer when you aim. It took me longer to get used to the movement and stop running into walls.
>>
>>321712502
Its a babies game. Its made for kids. Mom playing with the 4 year old cause they got jack shit to do all day
>>
>>321712502
More handholding than Ico, but the desert segments are nice.
>>
Bitter disappointment and frustration like the gate of hell in gameplay.

Music so boring you will wonder if Koji Kondo just didn't compose it because he could tell the game would be so bad and didn't want his name tarnished by it.

Graphics that will make you wonder how they are worse than Twilight Princess which was a Gamecube game.

A story that will disappoint until you watch the ending cutscenes and make you question why you didn't just youtube them.

Play or replay a better Zelda like OoT and wait for Skyward Sword HD when someone competent will fix its issues and map the sword controls to a an analog stick.

You've been warned. Also shilling my Zelda/foggy memories thread >>321716274
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.