[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 10 Steam Issues (KotOR 2 and Battlefront II)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: WaterPlusHeatEquals.jpg (27 KB, 590x354) Image search: [Google]
WaterPlusHeatEquals.jpg
27 KB, 590x354
I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad and I've been having issues with some older games, namely KOTOR II and Battlefront II. I downloaded them and installed them with Steam. I've gone through a few diagnostics and followed some pointers on Steam support and their discussions, but to no avail. I'm not exactly tech savvy (mostly talk out of my ass) so I went to my last resort. Help me 4chan, you're my only hope.
>>
Install Gentoo.

>but seriously, you expect people to help with a problem without giving any information whatsoever.
>>
>>321708693
try running it in compatibility mode

google it
>>
>>321710185
>>321711519
Whenever I attempt to open these games, it shuts the whole computer down. When I get to the menu for KOTOR 2, it shuts all the way off. When I get to the first loading screen on Battlefront 2, it shuts all the way off. Just tried compatability mode for Windows 7, doesn't work.
>>
>>321712902
>it shuts all the way off

That's the motherboard safety measures kicking in when the cpu/gpu is eating so much power it can't handle it. Also heat spikes.
>>
>>321714841
Can that be fixed?
>>
>>321715023
It's really just the game heating up your laptop to a ridiculous degree. Try locking your game's framerate to 60 or less.
>>
>>321715292
First I'd have to get into the game to do that.
>>
>>321708693
>Battlefront II

Go to your recording devices and turn on Stereo Mix, see if that fixes it
>>
>>321715528
Do it through your gpu's control panel, senpai.
>>
>>321715683
I don't see the option anywhere in recording or on the sound tab as a whole.
>>
>>321708693
KotOR 2 runs perfectly on Ubuntu. I've been playing it in 4k using the RadeonSI driver and had no problems.
>>
File: 1303752072462.jpg (42 KB, 205x205) Image search: [Google]
1303752072462.jpg
42 KB, 205x205
>>321708693
>I have Windows 10 on a Lenovo ThinkPad
>>
>>321716657
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>321712902
Not W10's fault
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.