[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
D-Walker best companion... for talking out Skulls, no doubt about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: d-walker.jpg (537 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
d-walker.jpg
537 KB, 1920x1080
D-Walker best companion... for talking out Skulls, no doubt about it. Been enjoying playing MGSV, although I came the conclusion that I wish there were a little more little things to it. Like rain putting out fires or affecting the exposed technology. Or soldiers doing things around the base, instead of just pacing back and forth till you come up to them. I also wish Quiet had a better send-off. I will admit I did like the improvement of Miller's voice actor over the course of Peace Walker to Phantom Pain, he improved. I have the feeling that Eli and Ocelot were both kind worthless to the overall game, I mean, it was kind of cool but did we really need Eli on Motherbase? Like don't get me wrong, I like Ocelot but in this game he's just... there. Meanwhile Eli is simply angsting. I also wish bonding was more important.
Although I may just be asking a bit much.
I enjoyed Skull battles, but was very letdown by how the Man on Fire battle was handled during the Voices mission. Also the side-op with his finale was bland. Oh and I think, I just wanted more industrial areas in game, like I enjoyed the refinery in Africa, especially when it was dark and raining, over much of afghanistan or africa. Although part of me finds a bit more enjoyment wandering through a jungle over a desert.
>>
>>321708392
>needing D-Walker
>deal with rusting

just use the Brennan rifle. On Archaea Extreme it literally takes out their entire shield in a single head shot and only takes about 3-4 more to take them down.
>>
>>321708704
I'm not sure if I have that yet or not, but it was certainly fun to use D-Walker, also the rusting was fairly easy to avoid.
>>
>>321708392
>Oh and I think, I just wanted more industrial areas in game
Definitely. OHKB Zero was probably the best area in the game, but even then it was too straight forward. The game really needed some bases with the size and complexity of Camp Omega. The Oil Refinery was fun, and the air port was sort of ok but empty as shit.

There also weren't nearly enough inside segments. The lack of big complexes to explore really made the game lack the Metal Gear feel, in my opinion.

>Although part of me finds a bit more enjoyment wandering through a jungle over a desert.
Are there even any fucking jungles in the game? I've found a few tree heavy patches in Africa, and there's a lot of foliage in the valleys going up to the Man on Fire fight and the mansion where you rescue Code Talker, but most of Africa just seems like red desert. Makes me wonder why they even included forest camo for any reason other than fashion.
>>
>>321708392
I'll never get over lack of cameras I have to sneak around.
>>
Do I have to eventually rescue Huey?

The game has it listed as an important side op?

Also, when do I get Quiet as a buddy? I spared her.

Main story progress: up to mission 11 and I have beaten 10 of them.
>>
>>321711743

Yes, save Huey. He is your friend and he is very important.
>>
>>321711743
Yeah, Huey is kinda mandatory for the story. So it is necessary and you will eventually have to do it if you wish to progress.
>>
D-Walker is too expensive for me.

Quiet doesn't mark all the enemies when I send her out to scout.

D-Dog sniffs out all enemies and prisoners, can distract, stun, or kill, but he is sometimes prone to getting hurt during a mission.

D-Horse is cheap and gets me where I need.

Honestly I really wish D-Walker wasn't so expensive and the upgrades were more available, otherwise I'd use him more often.
>>
>>321712257
D-Walker is a mini-metal gear, what do you expect?
>>
This game needed to be lessened some. Also I should be allowed to access AC instantly in pause menu instead of calling it while on MB.
>>
I wonder why they decided to have the MB building/research be in real time.

it's annoying waiting nearly 2 hours for my base construction platform to hit level 2 (I prioritized that due to faster resource mining/processing)
>>
>>321714401
It's probably because they expect you to be playing it for a while and keeping yourself occupied.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.