[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Obnoxiously excessive dialogue >Fucking pointless Peach
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 250px-PMTTYD.jpg (34 KB, 250x349) Image search: [Google]
250px-PMTTYD.jpg
34 KB, 250x349
>Obnoxiously excessive dialogue
>Fucking pointless Peach and Bowser stages after you beat a chapter (it's like the punish you for progressing)
>Almost complete forget about Goombella as soon as you get new partners
>Partners are worthless unless you pick one to level up
>Combat doesn't get any more intricate throughout the game
>Appeal feature has no reason to be in the game
>Even with the excessive move tutorials, they never fucking teach you how to block. I think you press down or a or something while they strike??
>Certain enemies require you to have a specific item to beat, and if you don't, you have to go all the way back to a town with an items shop

I could point out so many more specific sections that are fucking retarded, and flawed design-wise.

Why the FUCK is this everyone's favorite game on here?!
>>
File: bf9.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
bf9.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>321707523
>>
>>321707523
>>Certain enemies require you to have a specific item to beat, and if you don't, you have to go all the way back to a town with an items shop
Example?
>>
I know it's bait but I'll take it anyways.

>Obnoxiously excessive dialogue
It's an RPG, what did you expect. this is just a pointless complaint.
>Fucking pointless Peach and Bowser stages after you beat a chapter (it's like the punish you for progressing)
I liked them, but to each his own. It looks like pointless nitpicking though.
>Almost complete forget about Goombella as soon as you get new partners
Tattle and Multibonk abuse, so no. The same could be said for that boy goomba in the original PM.
>Partners are worthless unless you pick one to level up
No.
>Combat doesn't get any more intricate throughout the game
Yet it's the most complex one in the PM series.
>Appeal feature has no reason to be in the game
Why not?
>Even with the excessive move tutorials, they never fucking teach you how to block. I think you press down or a or something while they strike??
This was where I was certain it was bait, the game does show you this.
>Certain enemies require you to have a specific item to beat, and if you don't, you have to go all the way back to a town with an items shop
Get gud with badges or counter attacking, then.

Sheesh, you're like a retard who only picks HP and doesn't invest in FP/BP and then wonder why the game is stupid to play
>>
>>321709158
I actually did that once and beat the game. I'm still unsure how.
>>
Damn now I want to replay TTYD but I can't because GC games will look like shit on my HDTV.
>>
>>321709130

The Clefts and Bristles in Chapter 1. I'm pretty sure they give you the items to beat them anyways.
>>
Delete this
>>
>>321709380
why, are you on a $500 samsung?
>>
File: 1438914069676.jpg (911 KB, 1000x888) Image search: [Google]
1438914069676.jpg
911 KB, 1000x888
>>321707523

Wrong game, kiddo.
>>
>>321710323
SS doesn't require certain items to beat anything. There's optional items to make bosses easier but nothing is mandatory.
>>
>>321707523
10/10 bait
>need items to kill enemies
Once in the game.
>everything else
Not true.
>>
>>321707523

It's really, really good on your first playthrough. After that people either never play it again or play it years later and nostalgia helps to see it in a better light.

It's got some pretty nice points though. I prefer PM64, but TTYD's highs are so much higher (and its lows are so much lower)
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.