[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got this for Christmas and honestly it's pretty great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Back to the future the game.jpg (104 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Back to the future the game.jpg
104 KB, 500x500
So I got this for Christmas and honestly it's pretty great stuff, forgot Telltale used to make actual puzzles in their games and I enjoyed it as a continuation on the films. Think Telltale will ever go back to making more puzzle based adventure games?
>>
Why would they? More cost-effective to make VNs.
>>
>Think Telltale will ever go back to making more puzzle based adventure games
Not as long as they can make CYOA movies and people will still buy them. No need to design puzzles and the branching paths are minimal at best.
>>
The plebs who have been giving them millions of dollars don't like solving puzzles; they prefer making "important" "decisions" (most of which ultimately end up affecting maybe one or two lines of dialogue). The illusion of freedom makes these idiots think they're creating their own story; they assume there are infinite possibilities because they never bother to play the game twice.
>>
>>321695991
They really did land themselves a great setup. They just keep making the same games, and they don't even need to make any original scenarios since everything they only make is from licensed franchises.
>>
>>321695763
did the new version get released for steam? I heard biffs original VA came back for it
>>
>>321696536
I don't see it on there unfortunately, which makes no sense to me. I think that's the only thing they changed, but it was definitely cool to hear Tom Wilson as Biff.
>>
>>321695763
Never. Making puzzles and a story is harder than just making a story. And the new stuff is what's getting everyone to dump tons of money into Telltale, whereas they were only doing alright before.

>>321696536
No, updated version is console only.
>>
I mean, couldn't the Batman one take a more puzzle approach with detective shit?
>>
>>321695763
If you want puzzles in your point and click, you could play King's Quest, it's pretty good.
>>
>>321699436
Maybe. Is the story good?
>>
>>321698852

It could. But it won't.
>>
>>321700893
Yeah...I know.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.