[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have a serious jrpg itch and i want to buy a Vita, should i get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Have a serious jrpg itch and i want to buy a Vita, should i get the older model or the new slim version?

>inb4 Vita sucks blah blah blah
>>
Older model has a better screen
>>
>>321694958
people say this but I'm using the slim version and have noticed nothing
>>
>>321695168
You should have bought glasses instead of a Vita, anon.
>>
>>321695324
its not noticeable in gameplay so why does it matter (video comparisons don't count, lighting completely muddles screen comparisons)

Is it really worth paying an extra 100$ to get a screen that only arguably seems better?
>>
>>321695658
I just bought an oled vita off ebay that was in near perfect condition for 150$
>>
og vita has a nicer screen and feels a bit more solid in your hands.
2000 has better start/select buttons and feels a bit easier to hold

both attract dust like crazy
>>
>>321695658
Hey man, if you don't care about the quality of your display that's fine. Save yourself the extra money and pick up some games instead.

Just don't mislead people and say there's no difference between the OLED and LCD screens or that you won't notice it during gameplay.
>>
File: 2015-12-25-234339.jpg (1 MB, 1920x3264) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-25-234339.jpg
1 MB, 1920x3264
I love my vita!
>>
>>321697526
But, do you love your Vita TV?
>>
File: 00163.jpg (262 KB, 693x620) Image search: [Google]
00163.jpg
262 KB, 693x620
>>321697738
No, it's a selfish asshole that messes with my skittels. I still play games on it though.
>>
Trails of Coldsteel is apparently good
>>
>>321697840
That explains why some of the girls are upset.
>>
>>321697526
post thy backgrounds
>>
I have a 2000 and it's super light. Even 6+ hours of play in a row doesn't bother me. I love the thing. I've played on my brother's 1000 model and the weight of the console was definitely more noticeable to me than the screen quality. Yet again, I'm not somebody who cares much for graphical quality in the first place, and you might not be the type to play a handheld for many hours at a time. It's up to you what you value more.
>>
File: 10-10.png (144 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
10-10.png
144 KB, 960x544
>>321698169
Here you go.

http://imgur.com/a/o6oF9
>>
I hear the older version also has issues with the 64gb memory card, if you ever wanted to upgrade to one that might be a concern.

I own a slim/2000 model and I love it, had only ever used an original at demos so I can't really judge the two fairly.

There's also always the option of getting the PSTV, but there are compatibility issues and some have said that recent firmware updates break the White List patch.
>>
>>321698714
Gracias.
>>
>>321698964
Still haven't changed your name?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.