[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best Total War games? Are there any that are better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: APhpfcsbSX-n.jpg (505 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
APhpfcsbSX-n.jpg
505 KB, 1920x1080
What are the best Total War games?

Are there any that are better balanced/more realistic/etc than others?
>>
>>321690509
Medieval 2 Kingdoms. Every single campaign is fun as fuck. Choose literally any faction and you're going to have a good time
>>
>>321690757
I was thinking of getting that but Atilla and Rome have gotten pretty cheap and are now like $15.

I own Shogun 2, Rome, and Napoleon but the only I played extensively was Rome so I'm not sure which other ones were better or more realistic.
>>
rome 1
>>
>>321691039
I have Rome, Medieval 2, and Attila. Attila is like a different game outside of the battles. The battles are great although there is some big balancing issues like Tagmata cavalry being able to annihilate elephants and they significantly improved the diplomacy system but everything else is way over complicated. You have a limited number of buildings you can build in a settlement. Every army has to have a general and they can level up. There's this retarded food system that makes it impossible to build armies if you settle your horde in the wrong place. There's also a lot of cut content that you have to buy in dlc too. I have played like 10 campaigns in Medieval 2 and I still come back to it every once in a while. Attila's campaign is annoying to me.
>>
>>321691795
Well I was thinking if I was going to buy a new Total War game it'd be either Atilla or Rome II.

But I dunno. Rome II has a much better setting to me than Atilla.
>>
Also what hype do you guys have for Warhammer: Total War?
>>
>>321692696
None, i have no interest in a fantasy strategy game. The greatness in total war is getting you to believe that your kicking the shit out of real historical empires.
>>
>>321693602
Total War has always been a fantasy game.
>>
>>321693602
Only an idiot believes Total War is in any way "realistic".
>>
Someone posted a fantastic play/optional/avoid for Total War a few weeks ago but I don't have it saved on this PC. It included some of the mods too, like Stainless Steel and Third Age.

If anyone has it, post it for OP.
>>
Bronze Age Total War when? I need to rewrite history and destroy Egypt with the Hittites and weather the Sea Peoples
>>
>>321694229
I still want Babylon: Total War.
>>
>>321690757
If you're looking for moddability, then M2:kingdoms is the place to be. Stainless Steel vastly improves vanilla. Warhammer and LoTR mods are great too.

Rome 1 is worth a play too, it has it's own charm. I like it much more than the clusterfuck of Rome 2, which you should avoid.

Shogun 2/FoTS are good. Super stylish. Game might get boring after several playthroughs as it only takes place in Japan and many units are shared between factions. It's worth it if you want the setting.

Empire is broken, skip it unless you really like the setting.

Napoleon is good, although the combat is better in Fall of the Samurai.

Rome 2 is dogshit, skip it and get Attila.
>>
>>321695356
That'll fit into the era. The only thing that might be a problem is making factions for the western part of the Mediterranean.
>>
>>321695434
Is Atilla really that much better than Rome II?

I mean to be fair I'm not that experienced with these games but I know Shogun 2 is fairly simple, Napoleon and Rome 1 are fairly complicated.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.