[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got a laptop for Christmas, its an acer aspire e15. I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: mfw.jpg (23 KB, 258x288) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
23 KB, 258x288
So I got a laptop for Christmas, its an acer aspire e15. I know that its not a gaming laptop but I downloaded steam and bought Fable Anniversaries and its pretty laggy.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this?
>>
>>321687954
download more ram?
>>
File: varg.jpg (127 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
127 KB, 466x700
Bring down the resolution til it looks like a gameboy game and play on lowest settings. I did that with Hatred.
>>
download more r-

>>321688204

fucker
>>
>>321687954
I'm sorry OP, there is little you can do to fix your mental retardation.
>>
>>321688229
Is that through steam or the laptop?
>>
>>321688863
In the options of the game you're playing.
>>
>>321688863
WAT?
u actually serious?
how did you manage to operate a browser
>>
>>>/g/
>>
>>321687954

>Intel Celeron N2830

Thats why its lagging, that laptop's a piece of shit
>>
>>321689715
lol never owned a computer before
>>321689076
I got it down to the lowest resolution but its still lagging is there anything else that can be done?
>>
>>321687954
In what sense? Do you want higher frames per second, and at what cost? If you don't care about looks, lower resolution under video/display options in the game menu (there has to be an option in game or before you start the game).

Quick google search shows that the laptop can support more ram, but I don't think that will make a difference. The problem is that the graphics card is likely shitty to offset price (most If not all laptops under $400 do this, especially Acer).

Was this a gift? Is so, nothing you can do, but if not, why did you buy a shitty latop? For the same price you could get a decent if not great tablet. Unless you plan on using this as your main computer for homework and other misc.
>>
Inb4 anon says he has never even realized that pc games have graphics options.
>>
>>321687954
What's the story behind this guy?
>>
>>321690402
>lol never owned a computer before
>never owned a computer before

What? How?
>>
>>321687954
If you really want to play the first Fable, then just get the original fable: lost chapters instead, being an old game it might actually run properly on the glorified tablet hardware used in that laptop
>>
>>321690982
he's 10
>>
>>321690640
Yeah this was a gift and I dont mind lower resolution for more fps. Can I buy a new graphics card to make it better?
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 657x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 657x599
>>321690402
>lol never owned a computer before
You have to be 18 years or older to post on this Chinese cartoon picture forum.
>>
>>321687954
play something that isn't shit
you're never going to be able to play all the latest games with epic graphics with a fucking low power laptop gpu
>>
>>321691182
>Laptop
>Buy a new graphics card
That's not how it works anon. Besides even if you did somehow use techno wizardry to make it happen you would probably have to replace literally every part since that laptop is probably some ultra cheap pos.
>>
File: 1450679921733.jpg (62 KB, 689x568) Image search: [Google]
1450679921733.jpg
62 KB, 689x568
>integrated graphics.

there's nothing you can do but beat whoever bought it for you over the head with it. i hate poor people so fucking much and wish you wouldn't post here ever.
>>
>>321690982
>>321691217
Ive used computers before ive just never owned my own personal laptop.
>>
>>321691182
No, that's the problem with latops, they're usually integrated with the motherboard, meaning you literally can't do shit, sorry guy
>>
Fuck you, kiddo!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.