[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CS:GO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1920x1080
I'm starting to have less fun playing counterstrike since the new ranking update, should I keep playing or try another game? and wich game would that be?
>>
>>321684525
you mean with the whole having to play babby casual before going into ranked? it's bullshit but just push past it.
>>
>>321684823
used to be gnm, now i'm gn1. it feels bad
>>
>>321684525
>the new ranking update

wut?
>>
>>321684998
a little while ago there was an update for the ranking system which made it harder to rank up
>>
>>321685139
Yeah, I can see that. Alot of smurfs and been droping ranks.
>>
File: 2015-12-23_00001.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-23_00001.jpg
415 KB, 1920x1080
>>321684984
I'll never understand people like you, you play the game for fun, the ranks are just an e-peen booster

besides, if you're any good you'll climb the ranks easily

at times it feels like people only play for the rank so that they can brag to their friends, yet at the same time being absolute shit at the game, having horrible aim, not knowing strats, smokes etc
>>
>>321685559
exactly
>>
>muh ranking!

aint gonna prove shit to anyone. its ez to get carried so your precious emblem isn't going to get anyone else hard except yourself, faggot
>>
>>321685757
I agree, I indeed should stop giving a fuck about my rank. if i'm still carrying but just on lower rank it's ok i guess. not trying to be cool by saying that i'm carrying tho. thanks
>>
Since there already is a CSGO thread, I'll just post my story which happened today.
Gather around kids.

>I've been seriously underperforming lately
>smurfs
>shitty teammates (no communication what so ever
>can't concentrate
typical gold nova shit. yeah, i'm a gold nova scrub.
>there's this asshole polak or russian guy
>picking on me the whole game, due to underperforming (no communication from his side what so ever)
>griefing, team damaging, blocking me the whole game
>i get salty
>its 15-14 (how convinient)
>1v4, me being the 1
>bomb ticking
>grab an AWP, clutch that motherfucker
>while i ran towards the bomb, i had plenty of time to defuse (no kit)
>while running there, i say "today you are going to learn a valuable lesson"
>as i defuse, i stop on 1 second
>was definetly able to defuse it
>the bomb blows, he gets uber mad

I know that was an asshole thing to do towards the other teammates who were totally.fucking.quiet.
Not even text chat.

But. Lesson of the story, respect others. No matter the situation.
>>
>>321685139
>>321684998
They made it harder to smurf, as you have to get to a certain "rank" of XP points, this is to stop gross haxors from hacking and just making new accounts constantly
>>
>>321686360
lol, i always will
>>
>>321686360
you just sound like a typical CSGO douchefaggot
>>
>Playing an FPS
Literally a pleb-tier waste of time. Why even bother
? Do something else with your time.
>>
>>321686360
>But. Lesson of the story, respect others. No matter the situation.
I get the feeling you are going to get the shit beaten out of you when you are 18 and allowed to go to bars
>>
>>321686360
you're such an autist kill yourself why didn't you defuse it holy shit kill yourself again
>>
>>321684525
why do people think these sorts of setups look good
>>
>>321685757
That's all true. But higher ranks have better players. People who do callouts. Know strats and have map knowledge.
Lower ranks are just shit. Your teams holds you back. ALOT.
I also get pissed when I loose a game. Because I want to get out of the gold nova shit.
Also my real life friends don't play videogames. And I'm not too good at making new friends. Internet friends or not, still can't do that shit. It would feel really awkward playing with a pre-made 5 with strangers.
>>
>>321686831
>stop wasting your time on video games by playing video games

Logical
>>
>>321686857
needed it for attention, have used it for a school project and thought why not
>>
>>321686909
I made good friends online in CS

I am the p90 master, he is the human shotgun.
>>
>>321684525
just stop playing garbage 64 tick matchmaking

play 128 tick community competitive servers, ESEA, CEVO, anything but MM
>>
>>321687047
FPS are the most pointless, brainless, stupid games on the market. Huge waste of time, and they don't bring anything to the table.
>>
>>321686840
Actually I'm 19, I go to bars, pubs and clubs every weekend.
I haven't been beaten up thus far. If anything, I'm the one beating others.
Even though I try to avoid fights, just not my nature.

>>321686773
Only if people are disrespectful towards me. I just didn't see the point to save his ass from loosing. Others didn't seem to mind it either.
>>
>>321686831
i also have other hobbies besides gaming in general, but why do you hate FPS games?
>>
>>321687178
literally

>its ok when i do it

dont get salty next time someone does the exact same too you then.
>>
>>321687119
I will, didn't know there's more then/than (lol) MM
>>
>>321686773
The guy did actually team damage others too. Even TKd one. Kept caps locking "I'M NOT GONNA CARRY YOU KICK ME PLS"
He got reported multiple times, but that just didn't seem enough, lol.
>>
>>321686909
I played a lot of 1.5 / 1.6 back when it first came out and I would never consider myself a good CS player, but dear lord, the people you have to play with and against when starting out in CSGO is enough to make any sane person quit. I had upwards of 40-50 frags per game while the rest of my team couldn't hit the skybox with a p90 if they tried. Not to mention running into hackers, smurfs and people just flat out quitting 2 rounds in because we lost the pistol round.

Seriously, if you don't have a friend or two to play with, don't even bother.
>>
>>321687321
Hard to get salty over that. I have a short temper and I tend to take videogames seriously.
Luckily I'm not one of those shouters or one of those guys who throw shit, when they get mad.
>>
>>321687396
fun fact, i just finished a game with 2 friends and de ranked to gold nova 1. i got like 35 kills and everyone else only max 20. i don't get it
>>
>>321687178

Why are normalfags allowed to post?
>>
>>321687661
They've been messing with the rankings these past few days, a lot of people are de-ranking after getting a lose after a 10 win-streak.
>>
>>321687661
The ranking system doesn't really work with how many kills you have.
As I have understood, MVPs and actually winning the game is what counts. I was so close to MGE, now I've been dropping ranks like a madman.
Now I'm GN2. Fucking sucks ass.
>>
now it's giving you shitters your real rank
thank fuck for that
>>
>>321687396
i just avoid rank, just join random servers and make others have a giggle
>>
>>321687806
that's kind of stupid and weird isn't it?
>>
>>321687890
that sucks
>>
>>321687956
Yeah, but those guys are either
A: getting boosted for those 10 games, while they're botfragging with 0 MVPs
B: straight up lying
>>
>people mad they are shown their real rank
Guess you weren't that good after all.
>>
>>321687751
How come you consider me a normalfag? I'm just a more sociable person than you.
I still play videogames daily basis. I don't go out 5 days a week. Only to school. During those 5 days, I just sit behind the computer and smell like shit.
>>
Also, if you have ever won a game with a cheater on your team and he get's VAC'd, your win for that game gets removed. That also contributes to falling ranks.
>>
>>321688132
anon
1v1?
>>
>>321688393
I will beat you in Quake, AA, BF, CS and BF4 blindfolded.

I am a FPS connoisseur. Don't fuck with me in FPSs.
>>
>>321687956
It's to be expected since they've adjusted the ranks, it's going to take a while before the system stabilizes.

Kinda silly how many people are so obsessed about their rank, go play FACEIT / ESEA if you're so good.
>>
>>321688854
next time i will give it a try
>>
>should I keep playing or try another game? and wich game would that be?
Undertale
:^)
>>
>>321688689
i know, because i can see you
>>
>throw games all day and still no derank
this shit is lame a fuck
>>
>>321689263
People like you should get locked out of competitive play.

>I can't compete at my own rank, let's drop to silver 1 so I can feel good at the game :^)
>>
fucking lol at smurfs
they are bad at their own rank so they have to play against new players to actually do good
>>
>>321690008
true
>>
>>321684984
>>321684525
The hell? Shouldn't you be excited that the competition will be fiercer in the higher ranks?

And do you realize how shitty Global Elites are compared to pros or even random puggers on ESEA?

You need to think in terms of "how good am I compared to pros" instead of "how good am I compared to the literally retarded masses"? You'll care less about your rank then.
>>
>>321690254
>And do you realize how shitty Global Elites are compared to pros or even random puggers on ESEA?
this is what they're trying to fix with this rank change
and this is what we've been waiting for a long time
the shitters should just stfu and accept that they derank because they're shit
>>
>>321690254
thanks man
>>
>deranked from LEM to DMG
>ranked up to LE again
You know it really is a tossup, sometimes you'll do well and loose and sometimes you do shit and win.
Anyone else have really bad consistency issues? Played one game and topfragged and the next game i couldn't get more than 3 kills while i died over 20 times.

Worst part is the fucking russias though, I taught myself basic russian phrases just to play the game. But it doesn't really matter when i can't understand them ranting all the time.
>>
>>321690374
The rank shifts will help a little but it'll take more than that to get decent competition in Global Elite.

>>321690423
Can't tell if sarcasm but np. It must feel good to brag about being "LEM" to kids on forums or something but perspective matters. Everything up to and including Global Elite is retarded. The skill gap is immense between Globals and the upper echelons.
>>
>>321690642
>when i can't understand them ranting all the time.
When you learn to ignore that, it's all gucci. I know the words for ''thanks'', ''nice'' and ''fucking bitch'' in russian, that'll do
>>
File: 1424857000792.png (236 KB, 646x759) Image search: [Google]
1424857000792.png
236 KB, 646x759
>stopped playing CSGO 3 months ago
>>
>>321690717
I'm not being sarcastic, sorry if it looks like i did.
>>
>>321690717
>Everything up to and including Global Elite is retarded.
Oh, the classic ''i'm global and everyone else is shit, lmaooo''
>>
>>321691008
I don't know what the point of this post is.
>>
>>321690783
>privyet droog, vy govorite po-anglijski?
>AAAH VY RUSSKIY?
>niet, ya govoryu nemnogo russkiy
>xaxaxaxaxxa
>keeps on speaking russian

Bear in mind that i probably botched the pronounciation completely
>>
>>321684984
You obviously play like a gn1 and that's where you belong
maybe if you git gud instead of getting carried to gnm you'll be gnm again someday
More likely you'll stay gn1 cause you're a shitter
>>
>>321691145
Yeh, I know this shit.
Though usually, it happens like this
>ruski?
>da da, axaxaxa etc.
>say no
>team makes simple calls in english, talks shit in russian meanwhile
>imokaywiththis

All the rage is just laugh material for me. I don't understand people who go mad over teammates
>>
>>321691264
I'm mostly carrying but still deranking, does that still make me a shitter? i really don't know what to think about ''ranks''
>>
>>321691410
Well the thing is I have no idea if what he's saying is useful info. There's like 3 other russians in the team and one polish dude, he's probably talking to them.
>>
>>321691008
>I'm LE but I actually belong in GE
>>
>>321691410
Lucky you. I'd be fine with this too. But god fucking damn it.
They either don't do callouts at all. Do them in russian. Or they have horrible accents which I don't fucking understand.
Eventho' I live in a country where Russians are like niggers or spics in 'Merica.
>>
>>321691550
you only lose on de-ranking so you're obviously not "carrying"
the ranking system is done on ELO which essentially evaluates the ranks on both teams if one team has higher ranks they have a higher ELO and are expected to win the match if they lose to a team with a lower ELO than them than they will lose more ELO and the other team will gain more. How much ELO you recieve and lose is also based on other factors such as kills, plants, MVPs, and rounds won/lost
>>
everyone thanks for replying
>>
you could just make your own decisions
>>
>>321692269
I bet he meant that he was topfragging and he was ahead of second to top with like ~10 kills. If not more.
That's really not "carrying" yeah. "Carrying" is when you carry your team to the victory.
>>
>>
does this game has lots of hackers? some kind anon gift me this game yesterday and now i can play it with friends, i am downloading it atm
>>
>>321692730
RNG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
that was pretty good; rank?
>>
>>321693350
Silver as fuck
>>
>>321692730
>baby's first anti eco
>>
>>321693350
pre-revert MG2
>>
>>321692730
>>321693350
>that was pretty good; rank?
Are you trolling me? How was that "good"?
>>
>>321693346
Not really. Because the anti cheat system is actually pretty good. And also they have overwatch, which allows community members with access to overwatch, to spectate the person who got reported and make his decision if the person is cheating or not.

What you should be worried for, are the infamous Russians and smurfs.
Also, the people who don't own a headset, mouse or keyboard at the beginning ranks. But since your friends play it and if you play with them, I don't think you will meet them right off the bat. Unless you don't que up with them.

But yeah, you might encounter some cheaters.
>>
>>321686693
What do you mean? You need certain amount of XP just to be a certain rank now?
>>
>>321692730
>crouchwalk spraying
>runspraying
fucking hell
>>
>>321693926

i just want to play casual mode, i have no interest on the ranked system
>>
>>321694116
Valve introduced a "level" system I guess, some months ago.
Each game you finish on Valve servers, you earn XP.
You need to level up to level 3 to unlock the matchmaking mode.
>>
>>321694195
Ah, then its fine. I suggest you check out community servers and join a server with "BrutalCS" in its name. They have pretty good players and have deathmatch gamemode servers and I'm sure it has casual too.
Also not to mention that professionals warm up in BrutalCS servers. So that raises the bar pretty high.
>>
>>321686360
don't listen to the others, what you did is pretty awesome. nothing worse than players picking on others for their performance (also, of course don't expect any other reponses out of the typical 4chan retard).

well, the actual worst thing are bottom fraggers who flame the rest of the team for sucking when they aren't being carried. I would genuinely rip the head off of those guys if I had the legal opportunity to do so.
>>
So how low does this game price drop to?
I want to play some competitive fps.
>>
>>321695152
Eh. I don't really care what they say. If I had a reason and the chance to do it again. I would.

Luckily I wasn't bottom fragging either. Was hopping 2nd and 3rd. Atleast enemy team had cool guys.
They sticked to my side and were mocking the Russian/polak. So they had a pretty good laugh at the ending.
>>
>>321695573
It's like 6 bucks on G2A, probably cheap as fuck on steam as well.
>>
>>321695903
>They sticked to my side and were mocking the Russian/polak. So they had a pretty good laugh at the ending.

of course they did, they won
>>
>>321695573
Its pretty cheap right now. I bet it'll go up again soon. I suggest you get it or wait a year or two.
I sadly missed a weekend when it was 7 euros. And had to buy it for 11. But I don't regret it, desu.
>>
can someone explain exactly what they did to the ranks? I could tell there was some bullshit going on but I've never seen it anywhere official that they changed something

I was supreme before the update, then the next day I played like 10 games, winning half and losing half, yet still dropped down two fucking ranks to LE

something is broken and they need to fix it
>>
File: 1446893560611.jpg (88 KB, 960x955) Image search: [Google]
1446893560611.jpg
88 KB, 960x955
>played Counter Strike without official competetive for like 10 fucking years.

>learn people are playing GO for the ranks.

Counter Strike was successful on its gameplay for literally a decade. You're a shitter.

If you want REAL competition, go get CEVO or ESEA anyway, official matchmaking is shit.
>>
>>321696245
Maybe they gave K/D ratio a higher importance, not sure if that sentence makes any sense.
>>
>>321696245
they made it to where the higher ranks have less people and made it harder to be at the higher ranks to make them mean something
if everyone is a global elite no one is
>>
File: T1zr7.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
T1zr7.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>321696245
NOTHING IS BROKEN YOU RETARDS.

THEY ADJUSTED THE BELL CURVE BECAUSE TOO MANY PEOPLE WERE HIGH RANKS, THEY MADE HIGH RANKS VALUABLE AND CHALLENGING AGAIN.

THIS IS A GOOD THING.
>>
>>321696392
The gameplay has taken a back seat, if CSGO didn't have those retarded skins and a ranking system most people would still be on 1.6.
>>
>>321696679
1.6 still has plenty of players. I still play it few times a week. I really fucking adore surfing on 1.6
>>
File: girl bite lip.jpg (74 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
girl bite lip.jpg
74 KB, 500x500
>>321696917
I start up 1.6 from time to time, if only to play cs_assault (and its UPC variant) such a fun map to play.
>>
>>321686360
What a fucking autist
You should kill yourself
Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.