[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are PC Souls players so shitty and casual? Even though DS1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9
File: ds.png (109 KB, 857x789) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
109 KB, 857x789
Why are PC Souls players so shitty and casual?

Even though DS1 had no cheevos no PC for a while, you can still notice they suck by the proportion of first cheevo/last cheevo, and the DS2 cheevos
>>
>>321682649
When you've got only one game to play, you make the most out of it.
>>
>>321682649
It probably has something to do with the shitty-mediocre pc ports
>>
>>321683027
Literally fixed with a single mod and by using a gamepad, no excuses for you to be stuck at Taurus demon and blame it on porting
>>
>>321682649
The Steam achievements didn't come until early this year. I'd guess most of the players had already finished the game by then.
>>
>>321682649
Dark souls 1 didn't have steam achievements for the first 2 years that the pc version was out. Once they got added you had to do a save transfer online to get the achievements so a lot of the people who played it for the + years didn't bother and would have to reunlock them on steam.
>>
File: IQdsqHd.png (2 MB, 1085x1077) Image search: [Google]
IQdsqHd.png
2 MB, 1085x1077
Because PC players buy games for pennies on the dollar and don't play them.
>>
>>321682649
The games get much cheaper, so many people pick them up casually, without knowing if they will like them.
Thus you end up with 1600 games in your Steam library, and you only spend more than 40 minutes in maybe 10% of them.

I think I got my Dark Souls for a dollar from some indie bundle, played it for a few hours, and quit when I got bored of the combat. Its too slow and feels too heavy. I know its meant to be punishing, so you should think twice about committing into an attack, but the end result for me was making me overly defensive and everything taking too fucking long.
>>
>>321683202
>>321683304

>Even though DS1 had no cheevos no PC for a while, you can still notice they suck by the proportion of first cheevo/last cheevo, and the DS2 cheevos
>>
>>321683340
That's a cute cat, wish the image weren't defaced by leddit mememasters
>>
>>321683382
>>321683278
Yeah. It takes 5 minutes to get the first achievement compared to multiple playthroughs to get the last one. I'm not going to 100% it again.
>>
>>321683278
>>321683382
Stop repeating the same flawed line. When a game I've played gets achievements I tell myself I'd love to go back and unlock them. Then I play for a while, get bored since I've already beaten it, and quit. I get the early achievements and I dont get the latter ones.

Also, read the other posts in the thread, PC simply has more and cheaper games, so buying a game isnt a commitment. You can buy a game to play it for 2 hours and never again, and its fine since you payed a buck for it in a Humble Bundle.
>>
File: Pattick.png (187 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
Pattick.png
187 KB, 500x323
>>321683382
>cheevo
>>
>>321683641
The point is the proportion, wasn't that clear?

If DS1 had cheevos on PC from the get go, only 2% of people would have the 100% cheevo, just like in DS2
Stop trying to make excuses for PC scrubs when that has already been debunked
>>
>>321683851
The point is that you are retarded. Let me try with simple english.

1. PC users care less about achievements, thus little reason to go after the harder late game ones.
2. PC users were already done playing the game when achievements came, thus even less reason to go after the late game ones. Going back for another go and quitting half way isnt uncommon for a game you've already beaten in the past.
3. PC users buy games cheaper and more often. Since I have over a thousand games to play, I am less likely to play a game to completion. Further, I am less likely to look up if the game I am buying for $0.80 is something I'd like or not, and because of that it isnt uncommon for me to play a game for a couple of hours, quit, and never play again.

Thus your super scientific system of generalizing player skill based on platform by analyzing "cheevos" in a single game is flawed, you are flawed, and you should undo yourself.
>>
File: 1415938533927.jpg (28 KB, 310x325) Image search: [Google]
1415938533927.jpg
28 KB, 310x325
>>321682649
>using "cheevo"
>hunting for "cheevos"
>>
Playing DS2 now, I'm at the Shrine of Amana. I was opening a door before the Demon of Song boss fight when a one of the 30 wizards' magic bolt went through me since I'm invincible while opening doors. Then I turned around and saw a qt get hit by the magic and die. Was she important?
>>
>>321684372
Buddy you're projecting, because you're the retard lacking reading projection here

>1
Scrublord excuse
>2
I've already tried to explain it to you but you don't get it, let's try again since you have cerebral palsy or something

If 60% of DS1 owners haven't played it after they added achievements, and that's the reason 60% of them don't even have the estus flask cheevo, then what's a good metric for checking how much cheevos they would have, if cheevos were available from the start?
The proportions.
You can guess 2% or so of them would have the "The Dark Soul", just like in DS2
And that puts them way below the level of PSN players
>3
So you're proud of being a hoarding whore who doesn't even plays vidya?
Mustard race indeed
>>
>>321685096
*reading comprehension
>>
weak shitpost dess
>>
>>321682649
psnprofiles only updates/adds users when someone manually tells the site too, and the majority of people using sites like that are trophy hunters, so it's not a fair comparison or metric for how many people get trophies.
>>
>>321685096
>if you dont hunt achievements you are a scrublord
Kill yourself.
>it is impossible to revisit a game you've beaten in the past and not complete it utterly
Kill yourself.
>you must utterly complete every game you own, despite owning thousands
Kill yourself.
>playing some of many games instead of hundreds of hours in a dozen games is scrub behavior
Kill yourself.
>reading projection
Kill yourself.

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1436709009788.jpg (119 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1436709009788.jpg
119 KB, 600x600
>there are actual people who care about achievements
>>
File: baby.gif (2 MB, 201x145) Image search: [Google]
baby.gif
2 MB, 201x145
>>321685465
Uh oh, looks like i majorly triggered someone
Careful not to flail your arms around and thrash your collection of Gaben figurines, buddy
>>
>>321685683
>say something stupid
>get called stupid
>LMAO I TRIGGER U

Kill yourself.
>>
>>321685253
>psnprofiles only updates/adds users when someone manually tells the site too

How can I do this? I am on psnprofiles. It's missing several trophies I have gotten, some games are not even listed (MGS5 and Lego Lost World)
>>
>>321685639
Console players care for them greatly, since its harder to fake them, and since they only play a few games, so they have more reason to be completionists.
Also I think that at least for some consoles getting achievement actually gives you some points that you can spend on DLC and such? Not sure about that.
>>
>>321682649
Nice shitposting thread you have here

Enjoy the ban
>>
>>321682649
what the hell is a cheevo?
>>
>>321685904
You too
See
>>321685918
>>
>>321682649
Those %'s are way to high. You can look at the official %'s and not just the %'s on a site where people who grind for achievements and get the real numbers dawg.
>>
>>321685838
The main page were it says Update Profile.
>>
no one on pc cares about achievements
>>
>>321686035
see >>321685918
Its either one of those mythical sony fanboys we keep hearing about, or some sad sob roleplaying as one.
Either way, abandon thread, nothing of value here. Sage is invisible.
>>
>>321685872
I own a console. Doesn't mean I give a fuck about some meaningless "you made an effort!" point. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>321686209
I am generalizing, of course, but judging by /v/ and other websites I've seen such talks on, console players care much more about achievements. There really isnt any achievement hunting culture on PC, because its both easy to fake it, and nobody cares about it.
>>
File: 1.gif (653 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
653 KB, 500x500
>>321686151
>aaaargh i am saging!
>arrgh no one reply to this poopyhead anymore, he hurt my feelings :^(

You aren't even trying to hide your colondevastation anymore
>>
>>321685940
An achievement you noob
>>
File: Look at the numbers retard.png (172 KB, 1227x689) Image search: [Google]
Look at the numbers retard.png
172 KB, 1227x689
>>321682649
Do the math you idiot.

Using Scholar of the First Sin for a more accurate comparison, roughly 5651 PC users got the Dark Soul achievment, vs the 4299 PSN users that got it.
>>
PC players are obviously better, since 11% of PC players haven't even died once. Obviously has nothing to do with the fact that tons of people own the game but have never finished it, right? OP is also obviously not some butthurt Sonygger, right?
>>
Im guessing because most steam players played the fuck out of the game and finished it before achievements

When they were finally added they may have started game up again, noticed character saves were gone. then maybe started a new character but got bored or just stopped
>>
>>321686640
>my highschool is better than Harvard because it has more people

Seriously, familiar?
>>
If I've beat Dark Souls on the ps3 first and then beat it again later on pc, does that make me a ps3 player or a pc player?
>>
>>321682649
>>321685253

You can look up player stats on PSN to see the percentage of the playerbase unlocked trophies.

For DS2:

Self Recollection is 94.0%
This is Dark Souls is at 93.2%
The Dark Soul is at 4.7%

For DS1:

Enkindle is 95.5%
Estus Flask is 92.3%
The Dark Soul is 6.0%

There you go.

That's more accurate than pulling from psnprofiles which only pulls from it's userbase.
>>
I plat it on the PS3, when I bought it for PC it didn't have achievements. I played it for a bit but got sick of hackers. Don't even own Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>321686942
No, your school is just full of poor ass niggers who can't buy shit.
>>
>>321684372
This gentleman understands.

The thing is, PC gamers are adults (don't try to argue against this point, we all know PC gaming has an older userbase necessarily) so they don't tend to care about achievements AND don't tend to finish games as often as console gamers, who have large amounts of free time.
>>
>>321685096
Put on a trip please because this is the most retarded thing I've read on /v/ in the past week. I wouldn't be missing anything by ignoring your trolling
>>
>>321687935
After you, i have no desire to speak to sub 50 IQ retards who deem everything they disagree with as "trolling"
>>
File: hello reddit..jpg (41 KB, 992x744) Image search: [Google]
hello reddit..jpg
41 KB, 992x744
>>321688216
>thinks he's intelligent
>>
>>321682649
I bought DS, played for 10 mins and uninstalled.
>>
>>321688405
so intelligent he argues about video games on 4chan.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.