[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is SWTOR now /v/? Is it fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 48
File: SWTOR-Deceived-Wallpaper.jpg (658 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SWTOR-Deceived-Wallpaper.jpg
658 KB, 1024x768
How is SWTOR now /v/?

Is it fun?
>>
Pretty good. They changed leveling so you can mainly just focus on your class quests with you only occasionally needing to do a planet questline. Companions are a lot better now too since gear for them is aesthetic only and they're conversations unlock based on story progress instead of spamming them with gifts.
>>
>>321669385
nigga i beat all the campaigns on the so called "ftp model" and you know how long that tuck? 2 years. avoid this pos game, it's not even canon.
>>
>>321669385
>not maining a BB unit
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>321669578

Wow, 2 years of content from a f2p game. What a value!
>>
>>321669385
Yes.

/v/ hates it still because memes. Reminder TORTANIC was the worst thing to happen to this board and marked its downfall
>>
Just play WoW or FF.
>>
>>321669882
it was the same shitty planets, they got old fast and the side quests are a joke.
>>
>>321669385
still shit

there was supposed to be a month full of events (which are repeated a few times a year) but 2 of the events didn't turn on, so bioware just said "cba, wait till january"

Theres barely any pvp maps, barely any new raids in over a year

also in a steam they wanted to reward subscribers for sticking with the game for so long, and so they made a reward.....which you'll only get if you're subscribed in certain months next year. and that reward is a shitty chapter.

avoid this game, all they do is make cartel market stuff
>>
>>321670098
>just play worse MMOs
>>
the storylines are fun

>muh raids

play wow or wildstar for that. i don't know why everyone presumes an MMO must have raid content.
>>
>>321669385
OK singleplayer game if you have sub
12x exp mean you can blaze through story quests and ignore grind.

Shit MMO

Haven't touched Knights of the fallen empire content yet.
>>
>>321670792
How is the PvP?
>>
File: punch.webm (182 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
punch.webm
182 KB, 720x480
>>321669385
It's shit. Play it if you want to do it solo mode (or co-op with a friend). I unsubbed after two years when once again the devs pushed back the release of new content, made real money cosmetic items really shit, and then told us in order to get the "ebin 1 hour expanded content" we would have to sub for like 8 months straight which amounts to $120.

$120 for content that should be FREE to all subs. Meanwhile still no new raids or warzones, no indication of when the new season is starting, a glitchy shitty game engine fuck these jew devs and their shit game. And above all fuck the community for always siding with devs whenever the devs give us a few scraps.
>>
Tried it again quite recently.

It's still the same, dull shit most of the time. Except now they throw ONLY FOR SUBSCRIBERS and YOU NEED TO UNLOCK THIS WITH CARTEL COINS in your face literally every chance they get.
>>
>>321670859
Fun but zero support.

Actually it's not even that fun anymore because there's this one quest that makes pvers do pvp for 20 rounds to get a companion. So pvp is sometimes filled with players with shitters. Season 7 ranked pvp is up in the air and no one knows when it is starting. Ranked is also pretty much dead outside of the big servers and it really only pops at peak hours.
>>
>>321670608
>those shit games
>worse than tortanic
>>
>>321670859
Almost non existent for F2P players. You get 1 pvp match per day iirc. Want more? You'll have to buy a pvp pass with cartel coins.

And if you do, it's still an imbalanced shitfest.
>>
>>321670925
If you're talking about subbing for the Knights of the Fallen Empire content then it sounds like you're a retard because subbing in advance only got you early access to a companion. You could throw a sub down right now, $15, and have access to all the KoTFE content any other sub has.

Also the problem with the original game was that it tried to be an WoW like MMO. The devs have since made the right choice to focus on making it an RPG. Fuck muh raids muh esports pvp. The game never needed them.
>>
>>321669385

I played the beta and always thought it was decent. But I will never ever install Origin.
>>
>>321670435
why even bother then lol..
>>
>>321671216
the game never needed to be an MMO then faggot
>>
>>321671249
You don't need origin to play it. And why are you so against installing it? It doesn't really do anything if you just leave it there
>>
>>321671249
It doesn't need origin.
>>
>>321671216
No you retard. In order to get bonus chapter where you play as HK-55 you have to be a sub starting January all the way to August.

http://www.swtor.com/fallen-empire/rewards
>>
>>321671416
Does WoW need to be an MMO nowadays.
everyone is the chosen one because that is what modern gamers want.
>>
>>321669385
Dont a single one of you poor taste faggots ever complain about the fact this game has a broken as fuck engine where you cant even get 20 fps in pvp or busy pve?

Regardless of how good the rest of the game could be, this ruins it, completely.

inb4 its my pc, fuck you
>>
>>321669532
>based on story progress instead of spamming them with gifts.

Thank the baby jesus, grinding for gifts was so fucking boring, you have no idea.
>>
File: mmm.png (1 MB, 887x698) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
1 MB, 887x698
It is a great game, a lot more story oriented and pvp is still pretty fun and a ton of abilities and more customization than WoW

Also Theron is the best husbando
>>
Also dont be a faggot and give 13Euro for a bloody subscription, you ll save yourself a lot of retarded limitations cheapstake
>>
>>321670996
Yeah, I reinstalled it a few days ago. I played at launch so I'm "preferred," and I'm kinda shocked at how Jewish the pay-to-win is.

Subscribers get a cartel coin stipend, and as far as I can tell, they all gamble them away on premium lockboxes. The boxes can contain unlocks for the bizarre restrictions placed on non-subscribing accounts, the most bizarre being that you can't equip purple gear. The unlocks can be sold on the auction house.

At the same time, non-subscribed accounts (including the subscribed-at-some-point-in-the-past version) have a gold cap, which was set when the game went free-to-play. There have been, what, three expansions since then? And prices always go up between expansions because of the usual progression of rewards (higher-level quests reward more gold), and the end result is, the prices for unlocks on the auction house are at least an order of magnitude higher than the gold cap.

The real icing on the cake, though: only subscribers can post on the official forums, so of course nobody sees a problem with this situation.
>>
>>321671938
>>321672146
What?
>>
>>321672363
What is confusing you?
>>
It turned into an alright game with a horrifically bad F2P system.

Everything has been turned to absolute easy mode due to level scaling, however. It's pretty stupid. It's a cakewalk to solo heroic quests and whatnot.

But if you play the right classes, the story is surprisingly solid. Flashpoints done solo can also deliver. Most of the Collect 10 Spacemonkey Butts quests are gone.

The f2p is horribly broken and designed to hate you for bothering to waste its time and yours by playing without a sub.
>>
If i want to experience the single player (i don't care at all on the MMO side of the game) Is it ok?

Do i have to pay in order to not become a grindfest and enjoy the story?
>>
File: dasds.jpg (95 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
dasds.jpg
95 KB, 500x525
>All these poorfag needs whining about F2P
that is what you get when you are a failure at life and dont have a good job ;^)
>>
>>321672927
>Most of the Collect 10 Spacemonkey Butts quests
No they are not. The quests are the exact same as they were on release.

On the plus side, you level faster so you're not forced to do them.
>>
>>321673108
Or you can do them and be way over leveled for the story quests.
>>
>>321673108
I played in the beta and actually focus group tested Drommund Kaas way before release, but never played Release. I remember a ton of quests for killing x amount of random shit that I haven't seen in the last few days I've been trying the f2p
>>
>>321673553
Sidequests are now hidden on your map. You can activate them on the top right of your map screen.

This game sucks though so it's probably better to do something else rather than give these people more money to prop up this terrible game.
>>
Can you be a qt lesbian sith yet or is that still locked to only one planet?
>>
>>321673345
It adjusts your level, doesn't it? So it literally doesn't matter.
>>
It's still shit. Pretty much every part of the game has something that's broken or not supported. (Some people's class quests are broken. There's ops stuff that's broken. Events are broken.)
Game's clearly running on a skeleton staff for at least long enough to suck some more money out of suckers drawn in by SW hype.

Avoid.
>>
>>321674631
>(Some people's class quests are broken. There's ops stuff that's broken. Events are broken.)
never had an issue and been playing for a long time on and off
Sounds like a noob l2p issue
>>
File: 1445705168790.jpg (273 KB, 873x1214) Image search: [Google]
1445705168790.jpg
273 KB, 873x1214
Can I be a qt Sith ?
This is important
>>
File: image.png (519 KB, 583x959) Image search: [Google]
image.png
519 KB, 583x959
>>321674981
sure
>>
>>321674981
The QTest. There's even a sith race, so you can be a double sith.
>>
File: tortanic.jpg (3 MB, 854x4500) Image search: [Google]
tortanic.jpg
3 MB, 854x4500
>>321673082
This is shitty bait, and The Old Republic isn't good enough to justify subscribing, but I'm responding because there's a deeper and more interesting issue with free-to-play.

First, free-to-play in The Old Republic is mostly a lie: EA/BioWare still wants to live the dream of having a subscription-based MMO, even though it was a colossal failure. Their approach to that is to make the free-to-play version so fucking unbearable that you'll subscribe out of exasperation. The problem there is, the alternative is to simply stop playing.

Consider pic related, which accidentally gives away the game: the most popular lightsaber color is the black-yellow fortitude crystal, which was a launch (preorder?) reward. Since it's not suitable for high level, this suggests that the majority of force-using characters played at launch, got to level 15, and quit, and all the time the game's been running since hasn't changed that. (Though pic related is a year old.)

It seems like successful free-to-play systems come in two varieties: The Path of Exile version has one try to trade on goodwill, where microtransactions are about supporting the developers and the cosmetics are a way of showing your support. The Candy Crush version has a game that starts out easy, then ramps up to ludicrous (but beatable with perfect play) difficulty and sells you an edge to overcome it.

Not surprisingly, EA's implementation of free-to-play just feels absurdly punitive, hence in the long run they probably split the player base into those who give in and subscribe, and those who're turned off and leave. But it's hard to string people along when there are clear uncrossable F2P boundaries.

Perhaps more importantly, I hear that production values have been going steadily downhill with the expansions: there aren't class stories anymore, no more Republic/Sith split, your character isn't fully-voiced anymore. Does that sound like a game that's thriving?
>>
File: Chars.jpg (1 MB, 2501x1937) Image search: [Google]
Chars.jpg
1 MB, 2501x1937
>>321674981
Yes but there's like 3 good faces out of the 20 or so options.
>>
>>321675104
There's literally only 1 semi-decent looking face for women.

Sure is fun seeing all these copies of me running around.
>>
>>321675304
>i am a poorfag neet who thinks 13 euros isnt a tiny amount to throw away
Game is fun, it is better than most mmos and has a good story theme. Now if you are a worthless neet and try to rationalize trying to save as much money as possible, i dont get. GET A BETTER JOB
>>
File: 4641364-0095726437-Jy9AH.jpg (329 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
4641364-0095726437-Jy9AH.jpg
329 KB, 1680x1050
>>321675334
>not darth baras cookie face
FUCK YOU
>>
>>321675304
>I hear that production values have been going steadily downhill with the expansion

Yeah there are no more class quests but the writing has improved after the disaster that was Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Some of the models also look much better such as Valkornian, who looks like he should be in a different game.
>>
>>321675743
>>
>>321671731
I have a stable 60 fps on max settings though
>>
i logged back in yesterday after 2 years.
had to respec stats since leveling had changed. now i have no clue what my rotation should be or wtf im doing. all my companions' gear was unequipped and in my mailbox.
makes me want to reroll to relearn everything more organically
>>
>>321675609
Eh, that's the attitude of someone spending someone else's money, or else someone who has ever-increasing personal debt. Real adults who have real jobs and real expenses tend to think twice about frittering money away on bad vidya. Or as they say, "look after the pence, and the pounds will look after themselves."
>>
>>321674229
One planet, though the level 60 planet like offers two characters you can romance
>>
>>321676205
>all my companions' gear was unequipped and in my mailbox.

Similar thing happened to me, apparently all my companions decided to have a pants off dance off while I was gone.
>>
>>321676205
>those textures
>>
I just saw the movie, and reckoned I'd give this game a shot. No I didn't buy anything yet, just going to try the f2p, I really enjoyed the original kotors and I heard the free storyline is worth giving a crack if you liked the previous games because the character intro stories are interesting or something.

Anyways, don't try to "talk me out of it" or anything, just wondering about class recommendations.

What's a relatively balanced class that can solo? I don't want to be a dedicated glass cannon spiker or healer or something that doesn't function without a party because fuck pugs or organizing before I even know if I want to play this game, I'll probably be soloing for the first 10-20 hrs if I even play that long

I'm not particularly inclined to HAVE TO BE jedi or sith, just what's a good solo class that is viable early game (I sure know other MMOs with cheesy as fuck endgame builds using classes in unexpected ways that don't exist pre level cap).
>>
File: 1475838747316.jpg (467 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1475838747316.jpg
467 KB, 1920x1080
>>321674229
Yes
>>
>>321676246
Wrong that is the mentality of someone who actually has a good job and have enough extra money to throw away.

The mentality you are following is the one of mcdonald's employee ;^)
>>
>>321676473
literally every class can solo everything with the new companion system, choose what you like.

This isnt wow to have strict dps bullshit for raiding and Fotms
>>
>>321676246
you sound poor
>>
File: Fett.jpg (1 MB, 992x1400) Image search: [Google]
Fett.jpg
1 MB, 992x1400
Anyone know if you can be a Bounty Hunter in KOTOR? Also how is the BH in SWTOR?
>>
>>321676473
You can solo most of the content with any class, the game is built so that you don't have to party up if you don't want to.
>>
>>321676205
Companion gear is in your mailbox because now you don't have to gear your companions, it's all cosmetic. Basically it's all about mastery now rather than strength or whatever your class main stat once
>>
>>321676876
BH in SWTOR is your generic bountry hunter jango fett type of character. If you're looking for the SWG bounty hunter, SWTOR is nothing like it. And for Kotor, you can do duel wiedling blasters, and there is a bounty hunter quest line at one stage
>>
>>321676819
thanks m8

would you say jedi or sith is better intro bits? I'd like to try the "better" one first and the other if I want more rather than going into the lesser one and struggling to decide if I'm enjoying it knowing there's a better alternative
>>
>>321677040

Why did you have to even mention SWG the bounty hunter on that was shit
>>
>>321677040
Thats a damn shame. How is the BH gameplay though? Also in KOTOR aren't you forced to be a jedi or some shit?
>>
>>321669385
it's canon, or most of it at least, disney made some of the wmds in the game into canon
>>
>>321676473
You can be any of them and steamroll the game no problem. Even the dungeons are soloable now.

As far as story goes it is generally agreed that

Imperial Agent > Sith Warrior >>>> Everyone Else >>> Trooper > Jedi Councillor
>>
>>321677072
Jedi consular storyline is shit, especially in the beginning. Jedi knight is alright.

Sith is where it's at though.
>>
>>321676876
Not in kotor, and in swtor, I heard ithat varies heavily in quality
>>
>>321677187
Huh? I said it incase he played SWG or someone else did and wanted a comparison.
>>321677224
I can't remember the gameplay too much sorry, I know you obviously used guns and ranged but I believe BH could of healed as well.

And yes you are forced into being a jedi though you can easily use blasters as a blaster jedi type of playthrough
>>
File: 1446079169690.png (195 KB, 571x700) Image search: [Google]
1446079169690.png
195 KB, 571x700
>Travel to Hoth
>>
rolling a BH, thoughts?
>>
>>321677343
any particular sith class you would reccomend? I prefer the lightsabery ones, I guess I'll try Jedi Knight next if I enjoy the first sith one
>>
>>321677520
nobody cares
>>
>>321677520
If you can be white, why a nigger
>>
>>321677520
>facial scar

What man would want her now?
>>
>>321677520
I enjoyed BH storyline the most
>>
>>321677669
Both of them have lightsabers, though the warrior gets more use out of his.
>>
>>321677727
because delicious brown skin
i have a thing for tanned chicks
im a sandnigger
>>
downloading this game right now are there any side/class restrictions on lesbian relationships? 24% to 'ready to play on starter planets'
>>
>>321676876
i played bounty hunter in swtor on launch day
you can't visit light side planets
the ship you're in is kinda fun since it decorates itself as you finish more missions, like you gain droid companions, trophies.
but other than that it's boring as shite
you can be one of 3 in dungeon instances: healer, dps or dps healer.
but you don't really have to do instance quests in a group since you can solo them anyway
>>
>>321677889
sith warrior it is! I read up some thing on some other site that said that's tanky so that makes solo a bit easier

I'll do that first. thanks man

does sith warrior get any lesbian companions? I always play a girl in games with lesbian content. If not, I'll play a dude.
>>
>>321677913
Get ready for half the armor for BH looking like shit.
>>
>>321678053
> play bounty hunter on launch
> play pvp
> absolutely destroy everything by just spamming explosive shot or whatever it's called

Man that was fun. Required no skill, but fun.
>>
>>321678053
>light side planets
what are you even talking about
>>
Fuck swtor. Bioware are a bunch of sjw faggots and you're a faggot if you play this game.
>>
File: damsel.jpg (283 KB, 600x926) Image search: [Google]
damsel.jpg
283 KB, 600x926
>>321669385
I'll give you my perspective, treating this as a single player game. I just finished a campaign. It was playable but certainly not good.

My main problems were:
1. Shitty gameplay. You perform the same skill rotation every time without thought and without any serious possibility of dying on groups of 2-5 enemies spawned about every 20 meters. That's pretty much it.

2. Weak quests. Most are either fetch quests or kill x number of y. Some of the main story quests are better but nothing really stood out for me.

3. Lots of time wasted travelling. Especially bad if you go f2p and have a 26m quick travel cooldown. Might not be a problem on sub account since the cooldown is 6m i think.

4. Reused assets. Some of the dialogue pops out all the time and it's really noticeable.

5. Bad case of dialogue wheel. You can't really reliably control what you're going to say.

I'd also like to mention the graphical style being rather unappealing but that's a personal preferrence.
>>
>>321678327
neat
>>
>>321669385
I tried playing only for the class story and got bored 10 levels in when it turned in to generic mmo questing

Would have been better to make kotor 3 origins
>>
is it possible to level through dungeons or should I avoid this game if I don't give a shit about the story or the class storyline?
>>
>>321675474
you wont be seeing anyone running around anon
nobody is lving
>>
>>321678439
I am sorry this isn't some adhd mmo for Upton, go play some other shitty game.
>>
File: 1308483736954.jpg (11 KB, 363x266) Image search: [Google]
1308483736954.jpg
11 KB, 363x266
>>321669974
It's alright to hate it, because EA spent a gazillion dollars on some piece of shit MMO that could have been the greatest star wars game of all time with the same budget.

>mfw people bought Battlefront thinking it would be good

There's always these newcomers that doesn't know about EA..
>>
>>321678559
If you don't care about storyline there's no reason to touch this game.
>>
>>321678616
Well, used to be back on release.

Every female had the same face, and the same 2-3 hairstyles.
>>
Tbh the questing is better than WoW.
>>
>>321678327
Are you mad anon ;^)>>321671938
>>
>>321670435
>you wasted 2 years of your life on something you hate

Nice work, anon. You cucked yourself.
>>
>>321678801
Makes me really glad I didn't play WoW then.
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1291x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1291x443
>>321678656
I am sorry I am not a brainwashed 4chan /v/ retard to enter the autism group because I need acceptance so I enjoy battlefront and swtor very much ;^)
>>
File: tumblr_nwnjrs6fE51uh5ieoo1_500.png (408 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwnjrs6fE51uh5ieoo1_500.png
408 KB, 500x650
It's waifu
>>
File: 1308696843376.png (518 KB, 363x557) Image search: [Google]
1308696843376.png
518 KB, 363x557
>all these nolifers defending their precious garbage MMO that's universally hated by everyone that wanted a proper star wars game

What happened to you /v/.
>>
>>321678993
Hey at least you acknowledge that you have a problem.
>>
File: 1430587307424.jpg (115 KB, 795x1242) Image search: [Google]
1430587307424.jpg
115 KB, 795x1242
Shit like every other WoW clone including WoW itself.

Literally dont' get the appeal of MMOs like that. They're ugly, boring, grindy and are set up to try and addict you.

Shit like EVE that's technically an MMO but doesn't fit the WoW archetype is gud though.
>>
>>321679217
>defending their precious garbage MMO
Did you even read this thread? The majority people are saying it's mostly shit.
>>
>>321676670
>>321676846

>I like throwing my money on trash
>everyone should do the same
>if you don't, I'll call you poor :^)

Bravo Bioware, your new generation of drones seems to be coming along just fine.
>>
File: qt3.14.png (902 KB, 1280x914) Image search: [Google]
qt3.14.png
902 KB, 1280x914
>>321679217
waifu
>>
File: image.jpg (401 KB, 1049x1497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
401 KB, 1049x1497
>>321679382
>spreadsheets online is good
Opinion discarded
>>
If you chooes to kneel before the Emperor at the start of Knights of the Fallen Empire do you actually join them and get different story missions? I sort of feel like Arcann's going to take over either way with you leading the rebellion against him.
>>
>>321679474
you sound really poor
>>
>>321669385

A lot better than it started out as, and a very competent MMO now.

TORtanic still sails, and the wind is in its favor.
>>
File: chen question.jpg (57 KB, 390x261) Image search: [Google]
chen question.jpg
57 KB, 390x261
i just finished kotor 1 + 2 recently and was wondering if swtor is worth downloading, does it touch on post kotor 2 lore at all?
>>
>>321679567
Hey man, it's not really for me but some of the stuff that happens in EVE is fucking crazy. The way that the game is shaped by the userbase has not been recreated in any other game.

If Vidya had political alignments, EVE would be the most Libertarian of them all.
>>
>>321679474
You sound really poor, what is it? You barely manage to stay even and try to save up little money when you can?

I am sorry, 13 euros is literally change for anyone with a good job and it isn't an amount worth of keeping.

McDonald's job must be fun, I beg 4 figure purchases are som hung scary too
>>
>>321679712
Eve is good like 0.01% of your playtime, when something cool actually happens.

Other than that you're interacting with an SQL database with a fancy interface.
>>
>>321679617
Valk starts doing some sith magic with you but Arcann stabs him in the back himself So same shit happens except this time he lies about it. You also get different dialogue with Valk in the dream thing right after, don't know about after that.
>>
>>321679856
>>321679636

>totally not shilling :^)
>>
>>321679217
I am sorry, I am not part of your autism community and form my own opinions instead of follow /v/ and hate everything bioware ;^)

>>321679336
I am not the weak faggot that is desperate for acceptance and needs to join and be part of muh 4chan culture

>>321679712
Yes and it is fucking boring, let me press dat cannon key and watch the fireworks, so m cub action man, sounds like excel
>>
>>321679702
You get to kill Revan and the emperor is still the same guy
>>
>>321680072
you sound extremely poor
>>
>>321679617
Same shit happens.

I actually feel like it completely changes the dynamic between your character and Valk though, but that might just be me.
>>
>>321669385
I'm glad this thread happened because my dad wants to play this game. He hasn't been a gamer since PS2 but he just got a gaming computer.

also, SWTOR wont send me my account shit, i've requested my display name twice and no email all day. Faggots.
>>
>>321680204

>Bioware is surely going to send me that check now, I'm working extra hard

The sad thing is the chances are more likely you do this kind of shit FOR FREE.
>>
>>321678136
so i got some adaptive armor in the mail when i started too. like 3 different sets, that'll cover me until i get some decent looking shit
>>
>>321678616

Bullshit. I played a starting area yesterday and there were loads of people. Around 160 on korriban.
>>
>>321680314
how poor can you get
>>
>>321678401
>I'd also like to mention the graphical style being rather unappealing but that's a personal preferrence.

No you're in the right. All they di was reskin a nude model, and add do-dads and pauldrons every once in a while. Most of the clothing look like they're painted on a nude body.
>>
As a sub based MMO is a pretty 6/10

Kill yourself if you try to play it as a f2p game, it would be more fun than the game. No matter how much you buy from the cash store you will always be second class citizen.

tl;dr Worst F2P MMO out on the market and the pretty meh sub MMO
>>
File: image.jpg (189 KB, 794x1064) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189 KB, 794x1064
>>321680314
Hey brainwashed /v/ hater drone? I know seeing free non cucked people triggers you so here's an image from this great game :3

I am also a homosexual both in game and irl
>>
File: 1327377377993.gif (2 MB, 170x123) Image search: [Google]
1327377377993.gif
2 MB, 170x123
Everyone with a brain moved on from MMO's after WoW. I feel bad for the suckers that are still playing this garbage.
>>
>>321680314
The poorfag-posters are definitely teenagers with their first job who think getting $100/week makes them hot shit. I know because I was once that teenager.
>>
>>321680429
This, in tomb of freedom nad tython had like 130 players and korriban had 100

SITH SCUM BTFO, also a pvp server
>>
>>321669385
story is unbearable
just more typical bioware sjw propaganda
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2196
>>321680669
>6600 gross per month
>must be a kid
Not my fault you made shit choices ;^)
>>
>>321680669

I think is just the SWTOR general from /vg/ spilling over, since a shitload of them are dieheard Bioware defenders. Which I simply don't understand. Bioware fucks them over time after time and they still defend it.
>>
>>321680364
I ended up giving that red set to loki or whatever his name is.
>>
>>321680803
I am sorry, I am not from /pol/ so I am not a brain dead racist nationalist cuck and can enjoy bioware story

>>321680917
I have bought pretty much all bioware games and their dlc and actually enjoy most of them and very hyped for andromeda.
Yes the games could have been better but they are the best story self insert games out there.
>>
>>321681135

>I have bought pretty much all bioware games and their dlc and actually enjoy most of them and very hyped for andromeda.

Jesus fucking Christ, seek medical help, you're in dire need of it.
>>
File: hamburger-hepler.jpg (181 KB, 1012x693) Image search: [Google]
hamburger-hepler.jpg
181 KB, 1012x693
Reminder that every sub feeds Hamburger Helper for 30 seconds.
>>
>>321680912
>still playing tortanic
>not spending your money on more deserving games
>Giving bioware money

And you're criticizing him for poor choices?
>>
>>321680912
Wow, you work on what looks to be an oil platform and you only make $80k? Holy shit, talk about throwing stones in glass houses.
>>
>>321681226
See >>321678993
Your autism opinion is discarded by default, once you become a person able to support your own opinion without needing support from others call me ;^)
>>
>>321681524

Go back to BSN, your kind isn't welcome here.
>>
>>321681231
How fucking scary
>>
>>321678401
i think the quick travel cooldown is only 4 mins for preferred status
>>
>>321681505
It is an Lng vessel you fgt, and 2nd m8 is pretty entry level there.
>>
>>321681620
you cannot stop us
>>
>>321680912

You can say you make anything you want on the internet.
>>
>>321681697
I'm just f2p and its only 4.
>>
>>321681730
Wow that looks pretty neat, what do you do while working? what are your shifts like?
>>
>>321681730
>having to live on a boat

No thanks

I know people who make 150k+ a year entry level by working in warzones, doesn't mean I want anything to do with that shit.
>>
>>321672362
None of those restrictions are relevant for the only good part of the game. The stories. The need for epics and the removal of Jewish restrictions is only important for the endgame. Which is bad anyway.
>>
>>321681231
she's not employed by bioware anymore iirc
>>
>>321681926
Navigation watches mostly, 2x 4 hours, that can get boring if there is no traffic or nothing to do or the ab is fucking boring to talk with , a lot of port paperwork, checking safety equipment, keeping things in order etc, pretty cool actually. You work for 4 months and then you slack in your house for another 4 months with no responsibilities and a lot of cash to throw around, and since games are a cheap hobby the money is more than enough

>>321681806
>poorfag denial intensifies
>>
>>321675925
this looks exactly like wow
>>
>>321669385
It's got the best story an MMO could possibly have, and that's basically it's only strength.

When you aren't doing class missions and major story content, the game itself actually kinda sucks shit.

Still, it's better than people say it is. People mostly hate this game because they wanted Kotor 3 and instead what they got was low tier Kotor 3 strapped onto a low tier MMO. Not good, but not fucking horrible either.

It's worth playing though if you really like Star Wars, just make sure you play on the Empire because their stories are just straight up better than the Republic's, barring maybe the Smuggler.

I'd also say play on a RP server, but honestly basically all MMO roleplay is horrific, and the community is basically dead.
>>
>>321682619
When did WoW get interact-able voice-acted cutscenes?
>>
>>321669385
Yes but still shit optimization, PVP is unplayable here and I can run every game on 60fps and ultra settings
>>
>>321669385
I recently started playing it with a sub (since like 8 days ago), since the SW movie came out I was coincidentally hankering for an MMO and decided why the fuck not?

I last played this game 4 years ago. I had the free month, played it, and uninstalled.

Going back now it's still more or less the same game but with some QoL features. Levelling is a little easier now and companions are improved. However it is still a fairly barebones MMO / WoW clone / theme park with little in the way of player interaction -- in fact, it just feels like a single player game with forced online. It also still has the horrendously bad engine, which inexplicably stutters and has shit performance and FPS dps of 20 when you open a menu.

Will I continue? Maybe not, I'm almost done with the Imperial Agent class quests and frankly don't give a shit about anything else.
>>
played at launch

optimized like shit

old wow guild started playing this because theres fuck off nothin to do so they would rather eat shit than drop a mmo
>>
>>321682790
>It's got the best story an MMO could possibly have, and that's basically it's only strength.

On a whole maybe.
The Secret World is like a collection of short stories in comparison, but it has infinitely better writing and characters.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (63 KB, 540x429) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
63 KB, 540x429
>>321669385
I heard it's a fucking nightmare if you don't pay them their monthly shekels even though it's F2P.

Is this true? How true? What specific things are affected? Is it worth paying a sub for over FFXIV?
>>
File: 1449769848818.png (53 KB, 366x263) Image search: [Google]
1449769848818.png
53 KB, 366x263
>>321669385
>playing a game with both Bioware AND EA's logos
>>
>>321669974
>/v/ hates it still because memes.

I must be a psycic, i knew I was going to read this even before opening the thread. Predictable as fuck
>>
>>321683869
>Is it worth paying a sub for over FFXIV?
NO

>>321683576
I also want to add that, if you play this F2P, there are some things to bear in mind:
This game has less shame than a naked whore in a sewer covered in jizz offering blowies for $1.

Take the very worst F2P game practices you know, the worst offenders of in-your-face in-game shilling, and multiply that by... hmm... 3, and you have the F2P experience of SWTOR.

I mean, for fuck's sake. Additional action bars are a micro transaction for F2P players.
>>
File: f2p vs sub.webm (3 MB, 1000x416) Image search: [Google]
f2p vs sub.webm
3 MB, 1000x416
>>321683869
It's less painful as a f2p with the mission xp overhauls.
>>
>>321669974
>using tortanic as a marker for /v/'s downfall, as if /v/ never shat on new mmos before that

New as fuck
>>
>>321681231
I had no idea ME was just a shitty soap opera in space.
>>
>>321684113
why? whyfu
>>
>>321683869
>Slower leveling
>Shit race choices
>Crafting is fucking pointless
>You can't use rare gear
>You can only do dungeons/pvp once a day

What else am I forgetting?
>>
>>321684479
dump lana images
>>
>>321684479
>that chin clip
>that mop-like hair
jesus christ you people have no standards.
>>
>>321684517
>slower leveling
Not really an issue anymore after 4.0
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 250x241
>>321678993
>I am not a brainwashed 4chan /v/ retard because I enjoy tor and babyfront
>>
>>321684236
Thanks. I forgot the fucking hotbars.

In short, Asians look at SWTOR and go "HOLIEY SHIET" at how players are just shitted on for now subbing
>>
>>321684479
You mean "chinclipfu"?????
>>
>>321678909
>>321678909
>this game is bad
>lol you haven't even played it
>I have and it's shit
>lol you haven't even gotten to the endgame
>I played everything there is and it's still terrible
>lol you wasted 2 years of your life on something you hate nice going cuck

Fuck yourself to death
>>
>>321684915
you seem really angry
>>
File: lana shoto.webm (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lana shoto.webm
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>321684645
>>
File: image.jpg (493 KB, 2330x2360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493 KB, 2330x2360
>>321679661
>TORtanic still sails, and the wind is in its favor.
>>
File: 1450253880791.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450253880791.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>321684517
>Have to buy expansions (subs get them free w/ their sub); F2P can only play up to level 50.
>200k credits cap -- anything over that is stored in escrow, can only go over this limit and take credits out of escrow by paying micro transactions
>Access to 1 Crew Skill
>Access to 2 Character Slots
>Access to 2 Galactic Trade Network slots
>Access to 2 Quickbars
>Access to 3 Species for Character Creation
>Access to 5 Medical Probes (In Field Revive) per Character
>Bank (Cargo Hold) Access must be unlocked
>Can only receive Mail
>Cannot Trade items
>No Access to Priority In-Game Support - Only has access to email, phone, and forum support
>No Access to Rest XP
>No Login Priority - Only an issue right after a patch
>Restricted Chat functions
>Restricted to 3 Flashpoints Rewards from the final boss per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)
>Restricted to 3 Space Missions per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)
>Restricted to 5 Warzones per week (Weekly pass can be purchased)
>Unlock must be purchased to use Artifact (Purple) gear under level 51.
>Weekly Pass must be purchased to access any Operations
>>
>>321685004
Retards with shit taste are my trigger
>>
>>321683847
I've been meaning to play that, but I don't know anyone that actually plays it.

Nobody ever talks about it either.

Every once in awhile one of you blows by to say the story is good, but I've never seen you explain fuck all else. I don't know if it has PvP, instanced content/raids, player markets, etc etc because all you guys ever say is "Yeah, it's got an in-game browser".
>>
>>321685289
This thread is pretty shitty so TSW chat time. Ask me anything?
>>
>>321685282
then why are you in 4chan
>>
>>321685289
The skill system is kind of like OG Guild Wars
>>
>>321685423
Any info at all about the game would be nice m8
>>
>>321685423
What kind of PvP does it have? I know there are 3 factions, how do they interact? Can you work together in a limited manner, or are you at each other's throats?

Does it have battlegrounds/warzones?

What do they have that are similar to dungeons/raids?

Is the progression linear from one zone to another (hated this shit about Star Wars.) or do you get to make up your own fucking mind about what you want to be doing?

How does leveling work? I heard that there isn't a hard cap on your levels, you could just keep on developing, and you could develop whatever the hell you felt like.

If you can develop however the hell you feel like, how do group roles work? Are there still healer/tank/dps builds, or is at all just a free for all? Can you be straight up OP?

Also can I get some general setting info/story beats?
>>
File: image.png (235 KB, 592x336) Image search: [Google]
image.png
235 KB, 592x336
>>321685553
>>
File: 1366445060410.png (83 KB, 222x287) Image search: [Google]
1366445060410.png
83 KB, 222x287
I want to sub and play through the story. I heard there is a massive list of bullshit if you don't pay and I don't want to deal with any of it. How long will it take me to get through the story? I will probably play 1~3 hours a day max, usually 1~2. Is a month enough?
>>
>>321684915
>/v/ is one person
And even though I think the game is decent, I STILL think you're a retard for playing something you dislike for two years. Why would you ever do that?
>>
>>321686949
>b-but /v/ isn't one person!

Fuck off faggot. The game is shit and so is your logic
>>
>>321686949
>missing the point this badly

Either you let people have valid opinions on games they haven't played, or don't give them shit because they played it too long. You can't have it both ways
>>
>>321685717
>>321686175

3 factions, they play though the same story once you're out of your factions' HQ, it seem to be pretty linear.

There is the Dragon, weeaboo faggots with a boner for chaos theory.

The Illuminati, best faction but they are fucking memers and preppy as fuck. If you want to be a sharp dressed mother fucker go with them

And the Templars, you're not beating people with bibles as hard as you would think the Templars would be.

No real open world PvP, you can team up with out factions when out and about. Even create guilds with them I think. PvP is just locked into the battlezones. 3 maps if I remember right.

They have dungeons and raids like any other MMO.

You don't have levels, just each time you top off the exp bar you get a points to put into a skill wheel to unlock stuff.

You can mix and match whatever you unlocked into your 8? slots.

I don't want to give away the whole story so I will give you the rough version. You're not the Chosen one but you have been chosen. Players are known as Bees. They can't die easily, they learn magic easier than most, and a few other tricks. One of three factions has picked up you to join them to stop the end of the world.

Did I forget anything?
>>
>>321670792
Because raids are 80% of an MMOs endgame content
>>
>>321670792
>i don't know why everyone presumes an MMO must have raid content.

Raiding is actually the cancer that killed the genre.
>>
>>321686897
Pretty much this >>321685138 matey. The game is not worth it if you try to play it without subbing
>>
>>321670792
Because there's nothing else in this theme park wow clone. The writing and pvp are ass
>>
File: 1445297612342.jpg (55 KB, 650x472) Image search: [Google]
1445297612342.jpg
55 KB, 650x472
>>321669385
>>321669385

I tried so hard to get back into it but after reaching about level 25 I was just done.

It plays exactly like every other MMO out there. The combat is dull and boring and just a mashing of hotkeys. The areas are just big open spaces with mobs of enemies randomly placed and the story, while decent, doesn't make up for the monotonous MMO gameplay that we've all seen a million times over.

If you have autism, sure, you'll love it.

I'm not even trying to hate on it. It was just boring as fuck.
>>
>>321670925
Co-op with a friend is actually a pretty solid way to go provided the classes are different enough.
>>
File: daimon.png (453 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
daimon.png
453 KB, 900x600
>yfw he replaces the completely uncharacterized, boring Chaos Theorist woman who was your Dragon representative throughout all the original game content

I was sort of expecting him to reveal he was the Dragon and just trolled everybody desu
>>
>>321686897
Yes you can get through the story easily as F2P
>>
>>321686175
Not that guy, but here's what I know from when I played it.

Factions pvp, but can pve together.

It has dungeons at least, they're like every other MMO.

Combat is more fluid, all channeled abilities can be cast while moving. There's a dodge mechanic.

No classes, instead there's weapons. You have two at a time, and those have two things they can do. Say, maybe you run pistols and sword. Pistols can dps and support. Sword can dps or tank. You freely mix and match skill points in your weapons to create your own builds. Maybe you tire of sword, and swap it for assault rifle, which can dps and heal. Or swap the pistols for blood magic. Etc.

Story is pretty much all spooky shit rolled into one setting. All the archetypes, but connected or tied to overall events. There's horrors from the sea, haunted theme parks, rural legends and straight up demons from hell. Without it seemin incoherent.

I only played the first couple of zones though. In contrast to swtor, you can't level with story alone. Lot of "kill x amount". On the other hand, they have some unique quest types. Stealth(pretty mediocre and lacking) and puzzles(expansive and incredibly well done in most cases - game even has its own browser that filters out spoilers/walk through while still letting you browse the number of "fake" websites they've made seamlessly with the normal web).
>>
>>321687357
But I didn't have it both ways. That was my first post. I haven't given him shot for his opinion.
>>
File: 1409244608370.jpg (12 KB, 379x301) Image search: [Google]
1409244608370.jpg
12 KB, 379x301
>>321687798

Also the UI is ugly, the tutorials are annoying as shit even if you can turn them off, jew cartel coins and "SUBSCRIBE NOW" every other quest.

Even just getting a light saber, which should be a ton of fun and give you, the player, some sense of power and accomplishment, turns out to be disappointing and boring.

The story is fine, but subjugating myself to hours of terrible gameplay and poor design sucks. I was really interested in the new expansion too but I can't even get to it without subscribing (as far as I can tell)
>>
>log in for first time in years
>lost

do i relearn everything my studying or rerolling?
>>
File: 1445375581705.png (476 KB, 525x404) Image search: [Google]
1445375581705.png
476 KB, 525x404
>Inquisitor arc
>corner thanaton
>ok round 2 lets go
>he literally flies away.
>>
File: poll.png (520 KB, 768x434) Image search: [Google]
poll.png
520 KB, 768x434
Hello 4chan.
In what era would you like the next big FPS game to be in?

Please answer via this poll and feel free to discuss: http://strawpoll.me/6364779

Best regards!
>>
>>321670098
Wow is still a waaaaaaaaaah better mmo then star wars
>>
>>321669385
They literally do not care about anything below endgame. Everything is a mad dash to get to the gear treadmill and wait for the next chapter.
>>
>>321669974

>implying TORtanic didn't give us some truly hilarious shit

It was a good time anon, don't be so jaded
>>
>>321689697
Modern era gunning down online marketers desu senpai
>>
>>321689697
future

humans on the verge of extinction
play as the aliens exterminating them
>>
>>321689697
why no futuristic robots in ww2 setting?
>>
>>321681231
That never fucking happened, so apparently she failed.
>>
Ask a guy who has completed every story and gotten every class to lvl 60 in SWTOR anything.
>>
>>321691320
65 is the cap.
>>
>>321691320
I want to do a single story run of this game. I'm going to sub for one month. I generally plate lightside. What character/class/etc has the best story?
>>
>>321691390
yeah but the KotfE is shit.
>>
>>321691535
Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent. Play them as practical people serving the good of the Empire and not edgelords and you'll have a fun time.
>>
>Can't get into Funcom's MMO, own it. Don't have the most recent chapters
>Playing alone is fucking depressing for some reason
>I remember my joyous teenage years playing Anarchy Online, and it just sucks the fun out of the MMO
>Pay 40$ for an Amazon pack on SWTOR, enjoy KotFE, it's literally like a severely watered down KOTOR 3 or some shit

>Still starved as fuck for a proper SW experience I can fucking sink my teeth into.

Where's my goddamn full coarse meal!?
>>
>>321669974
/v/ hates it because it's shit and tortanic reflects that. stupid shill
>>
>>321691852
It's not coming unless Paradox reboots World of Darkness.
>>
What happened to the people that bought a full game copy when it went F2P? Do they still have to pay a subscription? Did they ever get compensated?
>>
>>321686175
Story progression is linear through zones, but you CAN sequence break since character progression isn't linear
>>
>>321692449
>>321692449

Don't remind me. I had to stomp my hype down into the dirt.

The next thing on my radar is the Homeworld Prequel retcon Deserts of Kharak. It looks promising.

I'm getting a love-child of Homeworld 1 & Ground Control from what I've seen.
>>
>>321675304
> I hear that production values have been going steadily downhill with the expansions: there aren't class stories anymore, no more Republic/Sith split
>steadily downhill

That shit happened rapidly and dramatically. The game had very few real content updates after it launched, nothing that could even be considered substantial came until the hutt cartel expansion which has all the downhill production mentioned. The fact it got basically no updates despite being sub based for like a year after it launched was the surest sign that it was not only not making money but was no longer having significant amounts of money put into it to improve it.

I'm really amazed we even got the sort of revival that happened with Knights of the Fallen Empire. Seemed for a long time like Bioware was content to just make new slut costumes in random boxes and rake in those low effort, high return "F2P" dollars.
>>
File: sweating.gif (476 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
sweating.gif
476 KB, 188x174
>>321675334
>That Jedi, Agent and Chiss
>>
>>321675334
Yo what jacket is that on top-right
>>
>>321691320

Is the trooper campaign worth playing?
>>
>>321678118
>does sith warrior get any lesbian companions?

I fucking wish. Sadly there aren't any in the base game. If you really want it though you could hold off until you start doing the content for the different expansions and then you get a blonde haired sith girl you can romance. It's a long wait though. You gotta be patient if you want the scissoring thing.

Otherwise, just roll a dude and corrupt the shit out of your apprentice and turn her into your personal slut.
>>
>>321694967
Different anon, but it is the least interesting story
>>
>Neutral/LS Sith Warrior.

Best fucking story next to Agent.
>>
It's okay.
Not bad, not great either.
Can be kinda addicting if you kinda like Star Wars and/or MMOs.
I miss SWG and JTL so fucking much, holy shit, every fucking time.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.