[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
when a character dies do you restart the game or keep going?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
when a character dies do you restart the game or keep going?
>>
If they feel important to me, I'd restart. For example, Marth's sister.
>>
>he doesn't reset
How could you go on? I want to experience the full story.
>>
I only restart if it's a character I like or a character that is strong. If McRando the mage I got 20 chapters ago dies, I don't really care and just keep going
>>
First time round I continue.

On replay I reset.
>>
>>321660872
I always reset.
>>
>>321660872
Kinda immersion breaking that you fight an entire country in an all-out war and not even one of your army of teenagers doesn't die.
>>
File: faggot.png (126 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
126 KB, 400x240
The only time I didn't restart was when this faggot showed up and died a turn or two later.

I didn't notice him being controllable
>>
>>321660872

Depends on who it is.
>>
>>321660872
If I like them/want touse them, yes.
If I have no intention of using them, then fuck em.
>>
>>321660872
Restart the game.
>>
File: my nigga.png (127 KB, 500x474) Image search: [Google]
my nigga.png
127 KB, 500x474
>>321661471
This right here.
>>
I always reset because if one of my units died that means I fucked up somewhere and I like to learn from my mistakes.
>>
Restart always on first playthroughs. On replays, restart with units I plan on using.

I'd like to attempt a no-reset run sometime. Anyone have success with it? Other than that one guy who got banned.
>>
Casual = Game over if the Lord dies

Classic = Game over if anyone dies
>>
Depends on the character and where I am in the game

Not like anyone ever dies tho
>>
>>321662529
This.
>>
>>321660872
I usually restart. I don't normally do iron man runs, but they can be fun in games that aren't FE2, FE4, FE10, or Awakening.
>>
If a character died it is game over, you have to reset because it means you lost.

character dies = game over
resetting = infinite continues
>>
>>321660872
Reset because I'm a raging perfectionist and my autism demands I let no one die.
>>
File: vigoss1.jpg (124 KB, 800x547) Image search: [Google]
vigoss1.jpg
124 KB, 800x547
>all these casual resetters
>>
>>321663214
People have been resetting since forever, where did this hot new meme come from that resetters are casuals?
>>
Depends on what's at stake.

If I'm near the end of the chapter or got some really nice level ups, I'd be tempted to go on and leave them for dead.

But if there isn't much to be lost or if I really like the character, I'll reset.
>>
>>321662529
Dis right heeya.
>>
>>321663352
I can only assume it's spillover from Serenes/Gamefaqs, where you have LTC autists bitching about everything.
>>
>>321661736
Y-You monster!

Who will you train up to be best general!?
>>
>>321662529
I fully support this notion
>>
I always reset. No matter what.

If your character dies then that means you lost, and you need to restart the chapter.

If you ask me, they should make a setting that makes an automatic "game over" whenever one of your characters die. That way I don't have to worry about if I didn't notice and frantically try to remember the amount of characters I had originally.
>>
>>321664614
If you didn't even notice that a character died and couldn't figure out who it was, then maybe you should just move on.
>>
>>321663801
KJELLE
>>
File: 598686509684.jpg (7 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
598686509684.jpg
7 KB, 300x225
I acknowledge my failure as a leader, shed a few tears, wipe them off my screen and keep going.
>>
>>321662405
If you are do a run of awakening, SS, or PoR.

As for leaving them to die it depends on who.
Gordin, Matthis, Rickard, Wrys etc are all killed in favour of Norne and Athena, also I let a few people die in FE4 chapter 5 without resetting
>>
>Classic mode: Reset if anyone dies
>Hardcore mode: Reset when you get a legitimate game over from a lord dying
>Hector Hardcore mode: Reset on game over, when you start up the chapter, don't use anyone who died on your previous attempt; they're effectively dead, and will forever rot at the bottom of the "select unit" list
>>
>>321660872
First time using her, is she worth the effort?
>>
>>321668789
She normally is, but you got pretty screwed over str-wise, it may be better to just cut your losses and switch to Tana depending on how far in you are
>>
>>321668789
Honestly every character in this game is more or less high tier. Seth is just Elder God tier.
>>
I only restart when I make a stupid mistake, not knowingly put them into danger.

I enjoy when my units die in ways that appeal to my autism in a cinematic way
>>
>>321663801
>Using Generals
Fuck that. Kallum never saw the use against after his first mission and Kjelle got reclassed to a Paladin asap.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (82 KB, 956x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
82 KB, 956x720
>>321670641
But they have such a cool sword animation in Sacred Stones, too bad I can only find stills
>>
>>321661087
Most units have zero relevance to the story

>>321668789
She's kinda low on strength, just bench her
>>
>>321663801
He was making le funny joke about how nobody in game ever notices this guy is around
I'm sure the story isn't true
>>
>>321672139
You say this,but I have a friend who actually did this
>>
File: General_animation.gif (31 KB, 115x58) Image search: [Google]
General_animation.gif
31 KB, 115x58
>>321671092
>generals
>using anything but Axes
BLASPHEMY
>>
>>321673843
That gif isn't nearly as cool and satisfying without the axe hitting someone.
>>
>>321660872

The first time I played FE I didn't reset and it's actually the most fun way to experience the game that way. If you lose a unit you have to actually use the later mediocre units you get and somehow make up for your losses and sometimes find hidden bros among units you thought were crap.

But I'm slightly autistic and completionist, so now I reset everytime, although it makes the game a hundred times easier and annoying.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.