[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is an overrated rehash and I'm not even using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: a-link-between-worlds.png (854 KB, 1299x656) Image search: [Google]
a-link-between-worlds.png
854 KB, 1299x656
This game is an overrated rehash and I'm not even using the word rehash just for the sake of it.
Why does everyone hold it on a pedestal?
>>
Because it's a good game on it's own!
Unlike Skyward Sword
>>
Because Aonuma fucked up the series that hard.
>>
>>321655297
because the thing that it was reshed from was realy good therebefore this one is realy good too
>>
I don't think it's a good game.
It's a weird experimental game, that apes lttp for the sake of safety.

The question of whether ALBW is good or not isn't that important, but whether if its experiments with the formula were successful or not.

music was really good though.
>>
>amazing puzzles
>awesome soundtrack
>rock solid 3d 60fps
>interesting mechanics of items
>lovable characters
>Hilda
>wall mechanic is fantastic
>based on the best Zelda (ALTTP)

its the best Zelda in years to be honesto familia
>>
File: 1344664763361.gif (3 MB, 335x197) Image search: [Google]
1344664763361.gif
3 MB, 335x197
>WAHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO USE THE STYLUS
>WAHH WHY DON'T WE HAVE A DIFFICULT ZELDA
>WAHH THE TOON GAMES SUCK

ALBW was okay, but I haven't gone back to it since I beat it. Same with Skyward Sword. Zelda really needs to step it up. Spirit Tracks was the last Zelda title I loved and left a good impression on me. It has yet to be topped.
>>
Mostly because phantom hourglass and spirit tracks were trash, and this one is not trash.
>>
Because it's extremely good and not even remotely rehashy.
>>
>>321655297
Because it's actually a good game.
>>
Because people equate "open world" with "good" because they don't bother to fucking think. The game wasn't even that bad; the engine and physics were great, it's just the retarded design decision of the item shop makes it much worse than it could have been.
>>
>piss easy as fuck even for Zelda standards
>killed any sense of progression by handing you all items from beginning
>dumbass regenerating magic system and all items use it
>wall mechanic extremely underwhelming
>shitty 10 minute long dungeons
>forgettable characters and story
>8 hours top to 100%

It IS overrated as fuck.
>>
>>321656920
Why are you trying to strawman 3 very legitimate complaints?
>>
>>321655297
zelda cycle time?
>>
>>321656920
Spirit Tracks was worse than PH
>>
>whole gimmick of the game is using Link's picture form to complete puzzles
>at the beginning of the game, when you enter Hyrule Castle, this is the only time where you see paintings/talk about art/etc.
>boss uses a paintbrush to inflict damage and stuff
>game takes place in ANOTHER fucking Dark World instead of a paint world or something of the sort

Wasted opportunity, all of it.
>>
>>321657215
That's not what the supposed "Zelda Cycle" is though.
>>
>>321657351
zelda cycle
>game comes out
>people like it
>time passes
>people dislike it
>more time passes
>people like it

paraphrasing, but that's basically what i understood it to be

we've entered phase 2
>>
>>321655297
>Why does everyone hold it on a pedestal?

Faggots thirsty for a good Zelda game after the blunder that SS and the DS games were so they'll settle for any bland shit like ALBW

Also
>you can do dungeons in any order! OH EMMM GEEE
>>
>>321655297
It's quickly paced
Satisfies your needs in bursts rather than a drawn out amount of time. There's only about 30 minutes between each dungeon.
Like instant gratification, the game is always "fun, however you want to define that. The dungeons are all about the same level of difficulty which allows you feel the a fair level of fun balanced with how hard it is.

In the end its that with nostalgia. I'm not in love with the game, but it was a fun 6-8 hour romp
>>
>>321657165
Not even strawmanning. The stylus controls weren't bad, Spirit Tracks was difficult in its own right, and the Toon Zelda games so far have left me with a good impression.

This game had to fall back on ALTTP, and it shows. Funny how people love the games that have to hang on the coattails of other Zelda titles, but hate the original Zeldas that try something new. That said, not all of them are good(Skyward Sword).

>>321657318
Just because you couldn't draw a penis as a route doesn't mean it was better. You had to strategize where you were riding around. That's probably why most people hated Spirit Trackls: It was legitimately difficult and made you think.
>>
>>321657437
That's the exact opposite of the "Zelda Cycle", anon.
>>
I just got into the Zelda franchise and I'm playing through the wind waker right now. I don't really know how this game stacks up with other entries to the series but I'm certainly enjoying it. From what I've seen it has the best visuals by far with nice cell shaded graphics, loads of stuff to do and see, has very atmospheric soundtracks. And an atmosphere of a game that dosent take itself too seriously. Never do I think "where do I go? What do I do?" Because my guide will talk to me only if I want it to. Basically I really like this game
>>
>>321657602
>It was legitimately difficult and made you think.
lol
>>
>>321658383
If you actually played the game, yes, it was.
(You)
>>
>>321656856
>amazing puzzles
No

>awesome soundtrack
Listen to the theif hideout and tell me you dont want to shove a razor blade into your cochleas

>rock solid 3d 60fps
Yes

>interesting mechanics of items
Only the Maiamai upgrades were interesting

>lovable characters
I suppose?

>Hilda
Needed more development

>wall mechanic is fantastic
I agree

>based on the best Zelda (ALTTP)
One of the best Zeldas

Over all, a very solid Zelda game, but it needed some stuff changed.

Soundtrack was lacking, Hero Mode needed better balancing, and Yuga needed a better fight.
>>
>>321655798
Get the fuck out kid. SS was the best thing that happen to the series.
>>
>>321658704
>Only the Maiamai upgrades were interesting
How? It was the most boring thing, makes OP items even more OP.
>>
It's entirely mediocre. If it weren't based off LttP, this would've gone the way of Spirit tracks.
>>321656920
>WAHH ADDS TO MY DEFENSE
Being an annoying fuck doesn't make your argument strong you fat
>>
>>321659080
(You)
>>
>>321659080
>>321659080
Meant PH, not ST; enjoyable for what it is but overall meh.
>>321659283
Whatever
>>
>>321658796
>OP items
Fire and Ice rods were fucking shit until you got the upgrades. I should know, I did a 3 heart hero mode run where I didnt get ANY upgrades at all. Shit was a chore, but I accomplished it.
>>
>>321659367
If you don't give a good argument, or a lack of one, don't expect me to take you seriously.
>>
File: eiji-aonuma.jpg (542 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eiji-aonuma.jpg
542 KB, 1280x720
WHAT KINDA ZELDA YOU WANT?
>>
>>321655798
You have to be 18+ to be here. This board has no room for underage shitters.
>>
>>321659458
More octorocks.
Absolutely nothing else
>>
>>321656812
i absolutely hated ravio's shop. took all excitement and interest out of the game by removing the classic zelda staple that is the primary reason for beating a dungeon being the madcool item or weapon you'd find. Every single item in the game sans 1 which is unlocked sooner or later is available right as soon as you see ravio's shop. it's retarded. it also made the game stupidly easy and awfully short.
>>
File: thatdoesntmakesenesfaggot.png (28 KB, 118x131) Image search: [Google]
thatdoesntmakesenesfaggot.png
28 KB, 118x131
>>321659582
>>321658774
>Shitting on Skyward Sword means you're underage
What the fuck?
>>
File: nintencucks will defend this.png (272 KB, 660x567) Image search: [Google]
nintencucks will defend this.png
272 KB, 660x567
>make sequel to fun game
>has far fewer items
>they're all available up front
>>
>>321659452
What's there to argue? Judging from your "its gud" and "WAH" posts, you're just going to brush off anything I say.
Everything in ALBW is mediocre, from the simplistic renting system, to the art direction. Bosses weren't memorable either. Only thing it had going for it was the music and some characters.
>>
File: 1451048518701.png (2 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1451048518701.png
2 KB, 200x200
>>321660330
>20 useful
>>
>>321660304
SS was their first Zelda, so it's objectively the best. Implying otherwise means you're underage (i.e., the same age as them).
>>
>>321660427
count them
>>
>>321660348
I wasn't praising ALBW. I actually agree with what you said about it, I'm talking about the people who shat on the DS Zelda games for the stylus controls, when it wasn't even a problem to begin with.

>>321660503
Once again,
>>321660304
>>
>>321659458
Why does this nigger keep pushing Toon Link so much?
>>
>>321660304
It's a good indication that's for sure. If you hate Skyward Sword, it means you hate Zelda, plain & simple (well, at least the current shape of the franchise). Nintendo mixed and matched over 12 years of Zelda in that game. It contains elements from The Wind Waker to Spirit Tracks, and I'm sure you've read all about it on /v/ in the past anyways so I won't bother listing the elements taken from those games that appear in SS.
>>
>>321660167
>the primary reason for beating a dungeon being the madcool item or weapon you'd find

Really? I'm not much of a Zelda guy but it always seemed more about exploration to me, which a nonlinear path through the game via Ravio's shop would add a lot to.

>it also made the game stupidly easy

Getting all your items taken away on death makes the game easier? The rupee costs probably should have been more expensive considering how easy Rupees are to find in ALBW, but it was all mechanically sound imo.
>>
>>321660507
>magic powder
>useful
>>
>>321660918
>Getting all your items taken away on death makes the game easier?

If you never die, yes.
And who the fuck died on ALBW?]
>>
>>321657991
Glad to hear you're enjoying it anon. It's personally my favourite Zelda game.
You definitely need to play other games though.
>>
>>321660918
>dying
the only threat of dying in ALBW is in hero mode where everything does 2x more damage making the first few hours of gameplay till you have a least 6 hearts a fucking chore. Imagine Dark Souls but you can't fucking heal.
>>
>>321660784
Skyward Sword is a prime example of how NOT to do Zelda.
>Backtracking
>Empty Overworld/locales
>Explaining everything you get when you boot the game up, regardless of if you've already done so
>Handholding(holy shit)
>Inconsistent art style
>Fi
>Enemy combat was a cleverly disguised puzzle that punished you if you didn't do it precisely or if the controls weren't calibrated
>Useless upgrades
It did some many things wrong it's not even funny. Skyward Sword deserves all the shit it gets thrown at.
>>
>>321660918
To your first point, the series hasn't really been about exploration since the very first game. Ever since then, even in Zelda 2 they've been making dungeons designed to be done in a given order, later dungeons being more difficult and complex and requiring items from the prior dungeons. This meant you could have really intricate levels with a lot of concepts as part of their design, like MM's Stone Tower Temple or LA's Turtle Rock. In LBW, there's no such concept as "later dungeons", so the game really doesn't have a difficulty curve. If anything, the game gets easier as you get further along because the dungeons don't escalate in complexity or difficulty but you're getting more items and heart containers and better equipment.

Non-linearity just doesn't work with Zelda as a series now. The first game is an exception from the norm and not "the series" any more than Zelda 2, Four Swords Adventures, or Tri Force Heroes is.
>>
>>321658383
It was fucking difficult. Those fucking trains are a pain in the ass.
>>
>>321660779
Even Koei Tecmo knows this. Toon Link in the new Hyrule Warriors is Lightning.
>>
>>321661565
>inconsistent art style
wut?
>>
>>321661137
Hero mode does 4x damage.
>>
>>321661083
I have 3dsXL and I have to pick between majoras mask or ocarina of time. What should I get?
>>
>>321661892
Well, shame you have to beat the game in babby difficulty tier first
>>
>>321661992
Zelda 1 and 2.
>>
>>321661992
Don't buy remakes, ever.

Try Bravely Default, or Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or Fire Emblem Awakening, or Kid Icarus Uprising, or whatever the hell instead. Buy the originals on VC or emulate them or something.
>>
>>321661565
I'm not disagreeing with you. I have my share of opinions about that game, especially the item management, useless crafting system, stupid repeating boss fights/sections (aka the "magic 3 number"), etc.

But even with that said, SS is a better game than most other adventure action games and this is kind of sad when you think about it.
>>
>>321662153
>buy the shitty 15 fps versions instead of the objectively superior remakes

lol fuck off
>>
>>321661892
whatever it was it was way too fucking strong. 1-2 hit deaths from full health for the first few hours was fucking retarded.
>>
>>321661808
Remember those tentacles? And The Imprisoned?

>>321662240
I knew I forgot something. I liked the crafting system, but to hell with recycling those fights.

And The Imprisoned. Fuck that fight.
>>
>>321662240
You really don't play many games, do you?
SS is fucking mediocre compared to other games out there, and even Zelda as a whole is mediocre franchise compared to other series.

Zelda just refuses to evolve
>>
>>321662434
This isn't even me thinking the originals are superior. Paying $40 dollars for a game you can get for $10 (or $0) is just absurd even if it is better.
>>
>>321661992
Get ocarina at first. May as well play them in order now you can.
Plus, you can get all the Game Boy zelda games from the eshop now, and the NES ones come to think of it.
Link's Awakening is one of the best handheld Zelda games ever
>>
>>321662592
>buying REmake? Fuck that! I'll just emulate RE1!
>>
>>321662540
>You really don't play many games, do you?
>implying we couldn't have a discussion about many many games and genres
This is why I'm on /v/, to talk about games... no?

Also, I mentionned in another of my posts that SS is a mix and match of many years of Zelda... so yes I'm aware that it refuses to evolve.
>>
>>321661992

Don't listen to >>321662153,

MM is one of my favorite games ever and the 3DS version is significantly better than the original. Lots of quality of life improvements, and it's gorgeous.

The OoT one isn't as good, but I definitely recommend playing OoT before MM even though the latter is better.
>>
>>321662723
If a remake is actually a remake that drastically changes the game, like REmake, Pokemon FR/LG/HG/SS/OR/AS, the two latest Etrian Oddesey remakes, FE11/12, and the FF7 remake, then yeah, I guess it's worthwhile as a different experience.

But shit like the Zelda ports Nintendo has done for the 3DS/WiiU? Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>321662940
That guy was right. The remakes aren't worth the purchase. Making things easier doesn't mean they're better. The whole point of the system in Majora was to met every condition correctly. You couldn't fuck up anything or you had to start over. That wasn't tedious, that was fun. They couldn't even add a new dungeon or some new enemies? Super Mario 64 DS did this on the original DS as a launch title, the Zelda games couldn't do this on the 3DS?

The exact reason I didn't bother with them.
>>
>>321655297
How is it a rehash? It is set in the same world as ALttP which is reflected in the overworld.

But compared to EVERY other Zelda game, item management works completely differently and that dramatically affects the game. You're suddenly able to tackle dungeons in whatever order you want, like a Mega Man game. And you suddenly actually have to think about managing your rupees. Also the wall merge makes for a unique way to view and navigate a top-down Zelda game.

Otherwise music, story, controls, graphics and performance were great.

It's a good game which actually took a lot of risks, instead of just following the Zelda formula with a gimmick slapped on like riding birds or turning into a wolf.
>>
>>321656920
ST had one of the best final bosses in the series
>>
>>321663256
>it's not tedious, it's fun

Fuck off. MM's old system was fucking awful.

Boy I sure love to stand around like a retard for 10 minutes just waiting for the right time! That is SOOO much fun
>>
It is a rehash, but it's unironically the best Zelda since Wind Waker.
>>
>>321663274
>taking risks

It's yet another safe as fuck generic Zelda.
Majora's Mask was the last Zelda game that took actual risks.
>>
>>321663420
You know you could revert time back to normal, right? You didn't have to stand around with inverted time. In fact, a normal hour goes by very fast. I'm sorry if you didn't know how to play the game.
>>
>>321663256

You still have to do that? All they changed was reduce waiting time. In fact, they needed the Song of Inverted Time.

Also the changes to saving and the banks location are fantastic.
>>
>>321663613

*nerfed
Not needed, sorry phone posting
>>
>>321661992
I've decided to emulate oot on my Wii and buy majoras mask
>>
File: anti.png (4 KB, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
anti.png
4 KB, 72x72
>>321660960
You get faeries if you sprinkle these guys with the powder. Get educated
>>
>>321663613
I heard you can go forward to any point in time with the notebook, defeating the purpose altogether.
>>
>>321655297
Handheld Zelda games are spin-offs
>>
>>321655297
Because Hilda a cute.

Also, it's a pretty okay game for the 2 days I fucked around in it. I haven't heard many people talk about it at all though, OP. Been too busy playing Monster Hunter. FUCK YEAR G-RANK in this thread! ahem...carry on.
>>
File: 1450819049688.png (286 KB, 570x693) Image search: [Google]
1450819049688.png
286 KB, 570x693
>>321663751

Good choice anon.
>>
>>321663751
get the OoT WAD for wii cause n64 emulation through the homebrew channel is pretty rough
>>
>>321663809
(You)
>>
>>321663806

You can go forward to specific hours with the Song of Double Time. Only forward though so literately it only reduces waiting time. It doesn't make anything "easier".
>>
i just wanted a proper "2d" zelda and it was good enough
it's far from perfect but a step in the right direction after the awful garbage they shat out for the DS
>muh spirit tracks waifu
please die
>>
>>321664017
So wait, rather than move 12 hours forward, it takes you to a specific point with whatever quest you're doing?
>>
>>321664017
He's a fucking autist who thinks pointlessly waiting is fun
>>
>>321661703
This was my problem. I want challenging puzzles from the 2D Zeldas and MM. Not this baby shit one item puzzles.
>>
>>321664138
Yeah, if an event takes place at 4am, you had to warp to 6pm and then wait like an idiot until it's 4am

In the remake, you can just warp to 4am immediately.
>>
>>321664138

You choose the hour you skip to.
>>
>>321664334
That's just stupid. You can go do some other quests until then. And again, a real hour goes by fast. If anything it's a thrill doing something else and then rushing to the ranch before the aliens come at the nick of time.

>>321664180
>I'm a casual who needs everything handed to them
I can do it, too.
>>
>>321664524
>waaah waaah you no longer have to pause every time to equip the Iron Boots in OoT! Casual shit!! waah waaa wahh

Fuck off.
Convenience =/= casualization
>>
>>321664524

You can still do that? Nothing is stopping you from being efficient with your cycles. The Song of Inverted Time isn't as slow anymore so you actually have a TIGHTER window to pack things into now.
>>
>>321664630
You kinda do, it takes longer to pick up the stylus and click the screen than just pausing the game and equipping them.
>>
>>321655297
Right now the bar is set stupidly low for Zelda games.

That being said, I really liked it.
>>
>>321664776
It takes a second to tap the iron boots or just press X

It takes about 5 seconds to enter the menu, select boots and unpause.
>>
>>321664630
Except we're not talking about the Iron Boots, are we? Maybe I loved the game enough to not be bothered by the tedium. And if it was too long, I simply turned time back to normal, or I moved time 12 hours forward.

>>321664748
In that case, the song isn't needed if it's only slightly slower.
>>
File: 3O3oPjn.jpg (110 KB, 680x544) Image search: [Google]
3O3oPjn.jpg
110 KB, 680x544
>>321655798
Skyward sword had the most fuckable Zelda other than based Twilight Princess
>>
File: 1450417191108.jpg (144 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
1450417191108.jpg
144 KB, 1190x906
>>321664936
>>
The engine is just so good and feels so good to play

I love TFH for the same reason
>>
>>321664914
You don't just tap the iron boots, you have to fish for the stylus, then tap, then put the stylus back and bring your fingers back to the buttons.
>>
>there are people who actually struggled with the train in ST
>>
>>321665189
You can't play with the fucking stylus on your hand while holding the 3DS?
You can't just tap with the tip of your fingernail
You can't just set the iron boots to X or Y?

Fuck off.
>>
>>321655798
But the fag blue dude gave me some good keks
>>
>>321665042
You're the unintelligent one if you were too stupid not to know how to work around the time system in your favor. The game didn't punish you for taking shortcuts and even encouraged it.

But keep memeing, underage.
>>
>Nintendo makes Spirits Tracks
Waaaah! Stylus gimmick bullshit. We want A Link to the Past remake or return to the classic style.

>Nintendo makes A Link Between Worlds
Waaaaah! It's a shitty rehash! Make something new, Nintendo!

Sure, it's not from the best Zelda games but still worth.
>>
>>321655297

My main complaint was how fucking piss easy it was. There's hero mode, but you don't unlock it until you've beaten the game, and then what's the point.
>>
ALTTP > ALBW > OoT > TP > Hyrule Warriors > ST > Rest.
>>
>>321665616
>ALBW > OoT
lol
>>
>>321665358
>You can't play with the fucking stylus on your hand while holding the 3DS?
No, I'd rather have a good grip on the 3DS so my hands don't tire.

>You can't just tap with the tip of your fingernail
No, I don't wanna scratch or smudge up the screen.

>You can't just set the iron boots to X or Y?
Then I can only have one additional item equipped. And I need to pause the game to keep swapping it anyway.
>>
File: banderas.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
banderas.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>321663765
Yeah, cuz that feature is worth its own bag slot.

>fairies are so rare I need to get them from those particular enemies
>game is so hard I need new fairies inside a dungeon
>>
>>321665683
So, an autist. Got it.
>>
>>321655297
>Why does everyone hold it on a pedestal?

Because, despite being a rehash, it's still the best Zelda game in a long long time.
>>
>>321657096
God how can one opinion be so wrong. I pity you
>>
>>321665683
>And I need to pause the game to keep swapping it anyway.

No, you don't. Have you even played the remake?
>>
>>321665773
>5 seconds every now and then to put on iron boots is too long

So, ADHD. Got it.
>>
>>321659458
Just Ubitower my shit up, familia
>>
>>321655297
better than lttp
but that feat isn't hard to accomplish
>>
>>321666027
>I love loading times. Who cares about waiting? Waiting is supposed to be FUN
>>
>>321665963
Fishing for the stylus each time you want to change items is more painful than just going to the pause menu.
>>
File: ZELDA.jpg (468 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
ZELDA.jpg
468 KB, 1024x576
>>321657437
Wrong, Zelda cycle
>OoT comes out, literally improves everything from 2D Zelda
>New Game comes out, it has does some things worse than it predecessor in some areas
>Next games comes out
>Next game still does things worse than its predecessor in some areas
Basically each new game will do some things worse than the previous game, and OoT. Then the next comes out, and its still the case, but people are somehow willing to talk about the things the game did well now.
>>
Why do people like Majora's Mask? It's way to sidequest oriented, and there are 4 dungeons in a game franchise about exploring dungeons.
>>
>>321666136
>I have to stick the stylus back in the slot every time I'm done tapping the screen or else my family will die

OCD or autism?
>>
>>321666281
Nostalgia, hipsterism, shit taste
Pick one or all three.
>>
>>321666281
Better dungeons than WW so you should be asking why people suck that game's dick.
>>
>>321666286
It's on my lap, but I still have to remove my hand from the 3DS.
>>
>>321666578
Jesus dude are you that fucking uncoordinated that you can't just tuck it into your hand? Or just use a fingernail?
>>
>>321666792
see >>321665683
>>
File: death pepe.jpg (261 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
death pepe.jpg
261 KB, 900x900
skyward sword was supposed to be good

I'M STILL FUCKING FURIOUS
>>
>>321666484
"Muh comfy"
>>
>>321666281
>>321666484
Zelda is about exploring, period. The dungeons were a secondary thing this time around, and you did a lot of exploration in Wind Waker.
>>
>>321666961
The moment it was revealed, people were put off by the graphics and motion garbage controls.

People were more excited about OoT 3D than SS in 2011
>>
item system single handedly ruined the game
it was pretty solid other than that, a bit simple sure but it was fine other than the fucking retarded item system
>>
>>321666865
You won't scratch the screen unless you're digging in like a retard and you won't smudge it unless you're a fat fuck who never gets off his ass to wash his hands after eating Doritos.
>>
>>321666281
it's a piece of art
>>
>>321666281
People enjoy that it's sidequest oriented.
>>
File: 1340578801857.jpg (182 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1340578801857.jpg
182 KB, 600x500
>>321655297
Nothing groundbreaking, but I thought it was pretty good.
Piss easy though. I died one time in the whole game and that's because I fell asleep during the Ganon fight.
>>
>>321667243
I already accidentally scratched my WiiU controller. As for smudging, my hands get sweaty when I play video games.
>>
>>321655297
>I don't like (thing) therefore (thing) is not good.

Anon, this is how a 6 year old thinks.
>>
Because it's the first Zelda game in a while to don't be trash, but that it is also relatively decent on its own on top of that.
>>
>>321658383
Nice argument, niggertits
>>
>>321660507
>>321660330
You will never use the lantern again once you aquire the fire rod.
You use the book like five times tops in situations that could have been solved without wasting an item slot.
Cape and blue cane are optional and do the same thing.
>>
>>321663865
>poopy games are only good because muh super cereal attitude pallete swap waifu
Zelda fans, everyone.
>>
>>321667779
>to don't be trash
this is the link between worlds fanbase.
>>
Guys, this guy >>321667779 got btfo by this guy >>321668557
Pretty funny shit.
>>
>>321668780
please be polite this is an american website not a chat room for savages.
>>
>>321660507
How often would you even use the medallions, anyways? I can only remember the one for Turtle Rock, some pedestal in the normal world's mountain, and maybe one for the swamp dungeon.
>>
>>321668557
English is not my native language, so sorry if I did a typo(?)

Anyways, saying that a game is not thrash is not really a flattering thing.
And stop fishing for upboats >>321668780 since you cannot get them here.
>>
Skyward Sword was a good game.
>>
>>321669112
>I'm a blank state for the entire game

>oh now I'm leaving forever and turns out I have feelings or something. Please be sad.

What a shitty poorman's Midna
>>
>>321667527
How the hell did you manage to scratch a gamepad? And if you're having such trouble why not use screen protectors? Fucking hell, how do you remember to breathe?
>>
>>321668360
The lantern permanently gives off light even when not equipped.
>>
>>321669112
>I like to eat shit
Thank you for contributing.
>>
>>321655297
Literally nobody on /v/ has ever said anything good about it.

Why is it that when there's a good game, you say it's bad and assert that everyone says it's good when they don't?
>>
>>321657437
That's more like the /v/ cycle in general.
>>
>>321662940
>MM is one of my favorite games ever and the 3DS version is significantly better than the original. Lots of quality of life improvements, and it's gorgeous.

This.
>>
>>321660330

Why would you ever use Ether or Quake once you get Bombos.

Why would you want to freeze or stun all enemies instead of kill them?

lol magic powder

Book of Mudora is an item with too narrow of a scope

You can pretty much ignore the Bug-Catching Net

Fire Rod makes the Lantern obsolete

I don't think I ever used the Magic Cape outside of getting to Death Mountain or requisite uses.
>>
File: Cia.jpg (295 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Cia.jpg
295 KB, 1280x720
>A Musou Spinoff manages to capture the spirit of the classic Zeldas better than any of Aonuma's shitty games.
>>
>>321669424
When it was released, everyone thought it was a 10/10 game.
>>
>>321655798
SS is one of the best games in the series. Face it, the age of disliking SS for no reason is over. It's time for you to grow up and admit that it's a good game.
>>
>>321669316
My fingernail tapped it. You don't need a screen protector if you use the stylus like you're supposed to.
>>
>>321657119

This твн

It was just way too short and easy, never once felt a challenge. Worst of all it was a fucking rehash.

Woulda just preferred an actual remake of a LttP.

Hell, a Phantom Hourglass was better.
>>
>>321669560
>When it was released, everyone thought it was a 10/10 game.
No, I remember when it was released everyone instantly was on /v/ shitting all over it.
>>
>>321669109
What's an upboat? Does it originate from where you came from?
>>
>>321669614
I use my Wii U damn near every day, you're never going to convince me you scratched it merely by tapping it with a fingernail. It's literally designed for use with your hands.
>>
>>321669729
Yes anon, yes.
>>
>>321669741
I bet that if you looked at your screen under a light, you could see all the little scrathes on it.
>>
File: when you see that ass.jpg (23 KB, 258x288) Image search: [Google]
when you see that ass.jpg
23 KB, 258x288
>>321664991
>not choosing loli windwaker zelda
>>
>>321669614
I use my fingernails as the stylus. You are full of shit or incredibly unlucky.
>>
>>321669865
Where would that be, my man? Zimbabwe?
>>
>>321660304
It's the Zelda cycle in effect.
>>
File: Consider The Following.png (51 KB, 246x214) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following.png
51 KB, 246x214
>>321666961
Every Zelda game is good, some just happen to be truly great.
>>
>>321670084
That's not what the Zelda Cycle is.
>>
>>321664991
>censored
I want reddit to leave
>>
>>321669959
My screen has no scratches because I use a screen protector on everything. Screen protector itself has scratches thanks to my hamhanded friends.
>>
>>321670216
That's wrong, though.
>>
File: I Came Here To Laugh At You.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
I Came Here To Laugh At You.png
119 KB, 547x609
>>321669559
295 KB
>A Musou Spinoff manages to capture the spirit of the classic Zeldas better than any of Aonuma's shitty games.
>A musou game that has zero adventure to speak off and all you do is grind captures the spirit of classic Zeldas because I say so
Please stop saying blatantly untrue things, especially when that spin off game is heavily based off Aonuma's games.
>>
Because that rehash is the closest thing to the old, strong design of earlier Zeldas since the early 2000's. Many Zeldas in the past 15 years feel particularly specialized in their design, like how TP has great dungeons and combat mechanics but is kinda subpar at the rest of the Zelda formula. With Zelda up through the Oracles, they were generally well-designed games on a universal level - even MM, despite its blatant focus on world building and sidequesting, had a suitably passable main quest to go with it. ALBW largely feels like a return to the universal design of early Zeldas, in part because it dickrides ALttP so hard but the item rental mechanic does give the game its own identity and affects pacing in its own way. Maybe not completely for the better, as its few flaws do arise from the relative lack of a difficulty curve, but otherwise it's the first Zelda in years to really nail the whole of the formula.
>>
>>321669584
>the age of disliking SS for no reason is over.
>no reason

How about hating it for reasons then?
Such as...
>shitty unresponsive controls
>recycled dungeons and overworld content (back tracking)
>shitty story where you do a 'god' a huge favor only to return and have them forget who you are completely so you gotta do some god awful swimming mini game that takes 20 minutes to do because it's all fucking filler and there are too many tiny objects to find underwater
>have to redo a boss several times to advance the story, even though it doesn't change much each time
>no fucking side quests of interest anywhere, the only side quests reward friendship points that you have to collect to get a heart piece
>no world to explore everything is a fucking hallway

I can go all fucking night.
>>
>>321659458
More Toon Link, more cutscenes, lore and bosses with a giant eye pls.
>>
File: Angry Little Elf.jpg (190 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Angry Little Elf.jpg
190 KB, 640x360
>>321670295
>That's wrong, though.
Not really. Opinions are subjective. And personally, I own every Zelda and had fun with all of them. Ancient Cistern is probably in the top 5 best Zelda temples ever. That alone justifies the purchase for me.
>>
>>321670419
It does have adventure though.
>>
>>321655297
Because it's a good game. It's the first traditional 2D zelda game we've gotten since... minish cap? And it takes its cues from the best 2D zelda game. What's not to love? Is it a rehash? Yeah, but that doesn't mean it's not excellent.

Although I didn't like how you could "rent" weapons all at the very beginning. Killed the sense of progression.
>>
>>321657119
>handing you all items from beginning

No.
>>
File: 6584163514354.jpg (78 KB, 811x690) Image search: [Google]
6584163514354.jpg
78 KB, 811x690
>>321670545
>Ancient Cistern
You are a fucking sociopath.
>>
>>321670486

Disagree with the first one but all the others are true. SS has its flaws but having beaten it twice, I can't say the controls are one of them.
>>
>>321659458

Forget about shitty gimmicks and cartoon art style, make another 3D Zelda with a serious vibe and style that focuses on kickass dungeons and bosses

aka another OoT/TP
>>
>>321670604
>adventure mode is actual adventure
No. It's just go to this section and kill this many enemies.

Leave this thread.
>>
File: Doubt.png (29 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
29 KB, 300x162
>>321670889
Prove you have the game with a time stamp.
>>
File: 1382556828870.jpg (70 KB, 634x476) Image search: [Google]
1382556828870.jpg
70 KB, 634x476
>>321670890
Maybe the pack in wii mote I bought with it was faulty

>on top of the big guy and have to swing down to put the pole back in his head
>if you don't swing down you get knocked off and have to waste time trying to get back on him again
>there is a time limit
>every fucking time I would swing down he would jab or slash diagonally
>>
>>321659458

3D Ages/Seasons
>>
>>321670486
>>shitty unresponsive controls
The Great Lie of Skyward Sword. The motion controls were perfect and extremely responsive. You're just bad.
>>recycled dungeons and overworld content (back tracking)
Another Great Lie of Skyward Sword. Going back to the "same area" when it's overrun by monsters and it's a stealth mission and the game mechanics have completely changed, or going back to the same area which is now immersed in water, is not "backtracking" and it's not just doing the same exact thing again like you're painting it.
>>shitty story
Irrelevant / subjective.
>>have to redo a boss several times to advance the story, even though it doesn't change much each time
Not a significant part of the game, takes up less than 1% of the overall experience
>>no fucking side quests of interest anywhere, the only side quests reward friendship points that you have to collect to get a heart piece
Side quests are good but you're judging the game for what it doesn't do and not what it does do; instead of judging it for what it does and taking it for what it is, you're holding it up to some artificial standard by claiming things are missing from the game when they're not.
>>no world to explore everything is a fucking hallway
No big open fields / oceans that waste your time is a good thing. Go play Skyrim you fag.
>>
>>321655297
Real question is why every one holds on a pedal stool Ocarina of Time. It's aged horribly, and it has simple mechanics and essentially no story when much better written/conceived stories were already in some games by its release. It was a game you played once.
>>
>>321665616
Shit taste.
>>
File: DSCF3038.jpg (466 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3038.jpg
466 KB, 960x1280
>>321671012
I know you will think I'm shit posting, but I actually don't have a copy anymore. I finished it in February 2012 and haven't seen it since. I'm pretty sure I left it at my parents when I moved out.

Will a picture of my dog compensate?
>>
>>321670916

>TP
>kickass bosses

Look, I adore TP but there was little more disappointing about the game than its bosses. They all LOOKED great, but all of them were disappointingly easy to take down. Only Stallord, Zant, and Ganondorf weren't complete wimps. Still wimps mind you but not unsalvageable ones. Bosses like Fyrus, Morpheel, and Armogohma still sadden me to this day. They look so damn cool but they're down faster than you cna say "Twilight Princess".
>>
>>321671270
I'm >>321662153 and I admit the remake is better, it's just not better enough to warrant spending like 30 extra dollars on it.
>>
>>321666281
>Why do people like Majora's Mask?

Because it's the hipster choice out of the two N64 Zeldas. OoT will be praised forever by the mainstream audience, so hipsters have to turn to MM since it's so obscure, deep, complex and dark, mayne.
>>
>>321668780
>>321668557
famesag
>>
>>321671363
Chewie, prepare to make the jump to hyper space.
>>
File: 1318984080643.jpg (47 KB, 345x311) Image search: [Google]
1318984080643.jpg
47 KB, 345x311
>>321671163
>or going back to the same area which is now immersed in water, is not "backtracking"
T R I G G E R E D

R

I

G

G

E

R

E

D
>>
>>321671059

I would cry bitch tears of joy. Oracles are so fucking good.
>>
>>321670934
No, you're exploring the world and taking on challenges looking for items and whatnot. It's an adventure.
>>
>>321666281
It is more interesting to explore the world, talk to NPCs and fuck around with the time mechanic, than just doing kindergarden puzzles of "shoot an arrow on the marked spot".

MM is easily the best 3D Zelda game.
>>
>>321657602
>You had to strategize where you were riding around. That's probably why most people hated Spirit Trackls: It was legitimately difficult and made you think.
No it didn't. The trains straight up read the path you were taking and would set themselves up to stop you. The entire forest area is basically a death trap because you literally only have three paths to go, and the bastards are constantly there until you get enough Force Gems to actually make it traversable. The same applies to the ice and fire areas, though the ice area is a bit wider.

Not to mention them still moving when knocked out and one-shotting you from a slight nudge is absolute bullshit.

ST is bad because the train sections are complete dogshit, the areas you visit are only good for the dungeons themselves, the rabbit hunt is tedious nonsense, the Force Gem quests are not even fun, there's cave crab fights about four times, getting 100% completion will make you want to tear your hair out, and it only redeems itself in dungeon quality and with Zelda.
>>
>>321671504
Guess Wind Waker is just an OOT backtrack, all they did was give you the same area covered in water
>>
>>321671652
Were you really too stupid to just shoot the bomb trains?
>>
>>321671227

20 years from now I'll be asking the same question about your favorite 2015 game.
>>
>>321670426
This is a good post.
>>
File: 1386297075425.gif (474 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1386297075425.gif
474 KB, 260x195
>>321671654
DON"T FUCKING TALK ABOUT THE FLOODED FARON FOREST NIGGER

THAT GIVES ME MOTHER FUCKING PTSD
HOLY SHIT THAT WAS THE SINGLE WORST SEGMENT OF VIDYA I'VE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH IN 25+ YEARS OF PLAYING VIDYA

THE MOTION CONTROLS SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE WAY YOU TILT YOURSELF UNDERWATER IF YOU ALSO HAD TO WAGGLE TO GO FORWARD
>>
>>321671059
>3D Ages/Seasons that don't rely on passwords on the same cart.
>They release a 3D Mystical Seed of Courage to make up for not making it before.
>It reads the extra data the game makes so you can carry over stuff from the other two Oracle games.
If only.
>>
>>321671509

Or maybe they could finish the Orcale trinity with Secrets

I heard they were actually going to make Oracle of Secrets but dumped the idea and just used the concept of secrets in the other two games. Who knows what could have been
>>
>>321671757
No. I did shoot them. You know what happens when you shoot them? They still follow you, and if you're trying to back out after they've invaded your lane five seconds before you were going to turn you instantly die anyway. It's even more fun when you have one ramming you from behind while you have one not passing the corner up ahead, that's always fun.
>>
>Worst temple design of Zelda
>Each temple takes 10-15 mins
>All items at the start of the game is the worst decision for a series that revolved around progressing and getting stronger. (Imagine giving you all 151 pokemon at level 100 at the start of the original pokemon games. Would never be the same)
>Navigating the dark world became a chore. Why take a simple lttp and make it WW triforce hunt tier.

Most disappointing Zelda game I've ever played. On a plus side, Ravio was a very likeable character, that I wish they fleshed out more. First 2/3rds of the story was so lacking that by the time it started to get interesting it was over.
>>
>>321671163

As someone who liked SS, the problem with it is that it guts so much of the core Zelda formula that all that's left of substance is puzzles. The dungeons were puzzles, the overworlds were puzzles, combat's now a puzzle, fucking everything except the Gratitude Crystal quests now feels like a puzzle. It's one of the rare justified instances of "It's a good game, but not a good X game". There's a reason it attained the polarized reception that it did - Zelda had been slowly getting more and more restrained with its design since about WW, and SS was the straw that broke a lot of fans' backs. There's a reason ALBW and Zelda U are now suddenly shooting in more open, non-linear directions - Aonuma's attempting to listen to fan criticism of SS. It was a neat idea but it didn't completely pan out in execution.
>>
>>321671163
>No big open fields / oceans that waste your time is a good thing
Because the sky was such a fantastic mechanic right?

Not to mention that the forced sword tracking is ass and takes away any kind of exploration you could have done on your own.
>>
>>321672069
No when you shoot them three times iirc they blow up and stop which gives you more than enough time to get away.
How do you people have so much trouble with this game?
>>
>>321670889
>Ancient Cistern
>Not fucking amazing
That and the sand ship are easily two of the best dungeons in the entire series. Not that guy, but both are easily top 5 material.
>>
>>321672135
In addition, the game was so simple and mindless that it was basically a hand holding simulator.
>>
File: hilda.jpg (220 KB, 1013x1265) Image search: [Google]
hilda.jpg
220 KB, 1013x1265
Because Hilda.
>>
File: 1387288899651.jpg (76 KB, 708x718) Image search: [Google]
1387288899651.jpg
76 KB, 708x718
>>321672391
The sand ship was pretty based, and probably one of the only good parts of the game since it was so unique and fun.

But you seriously have mental issues if you like the Cistern
>>
>>321660427
The bug catcher got integrated with the bottle
>>
>>321672358
>They blow up
They slow down and turn black for five seconds at which point they recover and return to full speed.

I have had trains blockade me constantly(It was the worst in the final area where you have the power to kill them since it runs out so quick and the guys move so fast as well), there's those assholes that read your chart and turn into your lane moments before you think you're going to make it, there's guys who will reach you from behind because you're slower than them, and so on. Reversing is basically pointless since you can't escape them like that as well due to the full stop and then reverse..
>>
>>321672506
Meant to >>321660507
>>
File: 1437701643337.jpg (710 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1437701643337.jpg
710 KB, 1200x1600
>>
>>321672494

Of all of SS's dungeons I've seen the most praise for Ancient Cistern by a landslide, though I think the boss battle goes a long way in making people say so. The bottom part of that dungeon's pretty cool with all the skellybros. Still, I personally prefer Lanayru Mining Facility but that's just me.
>>
>>321672468
>>321672658

Hey.
>>
>>321672549
You know where they are 100% of the time and you can change your route at any moment. They even have arrows to show where they're turning. The game couldn't possibly hold your hand more when it comes to avoiding them.
>>
>>321672494
>Cool design based off of a cool story
>Whip feels great to use, even if useless for the most part
>A water dungeon that isn't mindlessly and needlessly annoying to get through
>One of the best bosses in the series

Sure anon.
>>
File: 1373572684227.png (157 KB, 367x458) Image search: [Google]
1373572684227.png
157 KB, 367x458
>>321672712
I actually haven't played it since release, and honestly, only the parts that annoyed the fuck out of me are vivid still. I just remember lots of water and lots of annoying things when playing that temple.

I would replay the game if the intro didn't take forever, and the game wasn't full of filler bullshit that makes it hard to get into if you just wanna play fast and fun
>>
>>321657602

>That's probably why most people hated Spirit Trackls: It was legitimately difficult and made you think.

I dislike Spirit Tracks because everything about the overworld is boring as sun-dried shit. The dungeons and bosses are amazing and Ghost Zelda's a fantastic character but please, anything to not interact with this shitty train-based overworld, flute mechanic, and dreadfully boring locations. Can't I just be in dungeons all the time where this game is actually good?
>>
>>321672712

I fucking loved Lanayru Mining Facility.
>>
>>321666281
I like how most of the replies say "because le nostalgia, hipsters like it, and le grimdark game theories" but completely ignore every other aspect of the actual game.

MM may not be able to hold a candle against the best 2D games, but it is still the best 3D Zelda.
>>
>>321670216
if you think phantom hourglass is good you are a legit downs kid
>>
>>321672953
That's right. Even with that they can box you in though. Sometimes you're being chased and you get the asshole second train that boxes you in where you can't avoid dying to the first train, and if you do manage to get past it the train ahead of you will immediately begin its lap again which means going the opposite way will just run you straight into it.

Keep in mind before Force Gems there's pretty much only one or two circles you can actually go on, the paths to choose are extremely small, and the trains read your path so a good chunk of the time you will get boxed in or you have to do circles for ages.
>>
>>321673874

PH is a good game. A lesser entry in the series, sure, but still a good game. I actually beat it twice when it was new and there are a couple Zeldas I got bored with before beating it once. I'll admit, I've never beaten Four Swords Adventures or Spirit Tracks.
>>
>>321673874
Not my favorite Zelda, but for an early DS game it was pretty damn good. I had more fun with that over ALBW
>>
>>321671395
I hope the HD version adds a difficult mode.
>>
>>321674029
It's possible of course but I never had that happen to me, not once. If you see the trains are near each other go around or just wait for them to get away from each other. The few times I got hit were from the armored ones that 180 on you.
>>
>>321655297
memes
>>
>>321674335

I'd kill for a Hero Mode with 4x damage and more competent AI - faster and more aggressive on the offense while being more mindful and defensive of secret skills - but we all know TP HD isn't gonna get that level of treatment.
>>
File: helen11.gif (153 KB, 170x200) Image search: [Google]
helen11.gif
153 KB, 170x200
I like all Zelda games.

Except MM and PH, they suck
>>
>>321674335
We will be lucky if they make hyrule field one map, like they said they pulled off in early testing.

MM3DS and WWHD had next to no new content, next to a face lift. And neither got a hard mode.
>>
>>321655297
this whole thread is a joke right?

no one in their right mind held this on ANY pedestal or rated it high enough (like OOT) to call it overrated trash.
>>
>>321675091

WWHD got a Hero mode if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>321660330
>has far fewer items

Might as well say most LoZ games are shit because of few items

Don't think I've ever heard it's a official sequel
>>
>>321671163
>The motion controls were perfect and extremely responsive. You're just bad.
You showed your hand much too early, shame on you anon
>>
>>321675221

>I didn't play ALBW within the first 2 weeks of release

Everyone loved ALBW on release. And personally, I'd say it's one of the best 2D entries only behind the Oracles, but that's just me.
>>
ALBW put Zelda back in Zelda. Game was an adventure instead of going through script.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.