[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 64
Does anyone else think this game would have been really well received had it been marketed as a spinoff like Revelations was?

Based on the critiques I've seen of this game, I think most people came in expecting something else and played it like they would other games in the franchise. The game did a terrible job trying to get you to use its other mechanics.

But I noticed that if you actually do play it the way they wanted, the game becomes a blast. Coop is really fun in the game and if you can play it with a buddy the whole time through it is significantly more fun. The way the online cooperative system works is neat too and was a great gimmick when the game first came out.

The combat mechanics are hands down the best in the franchise. The way the stamina meter works is fantastic and it opens up a lot of options to the player. What a lot of people fail to realize is that this game isn't all about just spamming shit. If you isolate certain enemies and let them attack you, you can get huge bonuses and damage off of counter strikes that appear. They are presented as QTEs, but they are no different than parrying something in a character action game.

Knowing when to melee, when to actually shoot, and when to just let enemies attack is to me part of the fundamentals of the game, but most people will just go through it spamming melee and shooting through all their ammunition while complaining about the QTE, of which you can turn off in the menus.

Anyone looking for a survival horror will of course be disappointed, but as far as third person shooters go I find 6 to be among some of the most fun to play cooperatively. The Merceneries is a total blast too.

I hope that RE7 keeps RE6's engine. I really like the controls and enemy designs. 6 has by far the most variety in enemies and the best character designs.

I definitely think people would have praised this game as much as they do Revelations had it just been called something like "Resident Evil *insert generic name*:
>>
Making this a spinoff isn't the only issue, fans would also need to see the main series going in a good direction to be satisfied. In this scenario fans would be asking why they're ignoring the main series.
>>
No, epin contrarians would have shit on it regardless because it's not RE2 or REmake

Also you actually have to learn how to play it and understand how the systems work. A lot of people say RE6 has bad gameplay which is objectively false.

The constant cock sucking of the term "survival horror" ruined everything. People use the term to mean "horror game i like" when it's supposed to mean games like Zombi U and The Forest
>>
>>321654992
That's a good point. I could see people being angry about that too.

>>321655098
I do think the game is partly to blame for this. It does a poor job of convincing people to make use of the mechanics and it also has a famously poor beginning to Leon's campaign, of which most people are going to do first.

>constant cutscenes and QTE
>walking sections where you have no control
>hard to even tell when you can and cannot do things
>scripted events everywhere

It starts to get much better at the time the demo kicked in, but I can see most drones already solidifying their opinions of the game by then.

The thing that got me to make this thread was seeing Aris play RE6. Normally he's great, but it is so cringe worthy seeing him be braindead retarded trying to play the game like RE4 and then complaining that it isn't RE4.

It's such a shame because I can see how the game got a shit ton of love by the developers and it was by far the most experimental mainline RE game. The reception of the game probably convinced Capcom to never do another game like it, and that's the worst case scenario. I would love for a spinoff series that continues to use RE6's engine and gameplay. I enjoyed 6 more than RE5 for sure.
>>
>>321655427
>. It does a poor job of convincing people to make use of the mechanics

So what? Tekken sucks now because it doesn't tell you that you shouldn't just mash 1 over and over?

Blaming games for bad players is retarded
>>
>>321655936
I'm a firm believer of the game. I'm just pointing out one of the basic reasons why the game did not succeed. Normies flocked in expecting their epic RE4 or Slenderman experience and were upset the game didn't cater to everything they wanted exactly how they wanted.

I never see people talk about the many things RE6 did extremely well, such as environments. A lot of games suffer from too little budget, but RE6 probably had too much of a budget. There are so many different environments and enemies and they go through them so quickly it is almost hard to believe it was a Japanese made game.

I don't see how people can praise games like Uncharted and then shit on RE6.
>>
>>321654862
>Does anyone else think this game would have been really well received had it been marketed as a spinoff like Revelations was?

No, it would have been received exactly the same, only difference being it would have made SIGNIFICANTLY less money.
>>
>>321654862
It would've well received had it been a whole another game entirely.
The combat in Merc No Mercy is absolutely crazy Equilibrium game when
>>
>>321655098
>The constant cock sucking of the term "survival horror" ruined everything. People use the term to mean "horror game i like" when it's supposed to mean games like Zombi U and The Forest

The term was invented for classic Resident Evil (though Resi wasn't the first, just the first to be classified as such).
>>
>/v/'s finally coming around to Resi 6

It's not the best in the series by a long shot but it's a proper wild ride.
>>
>>321655098
>Also you actually have to learn how to play it and understand how the systems work.

Oh, you mean like understanding how generic cover-based shooting mechanics work, or learning to press on-screen button prompts?
>>
>>321657401
Thanks for being a great example of another person who didn't learn the game's mechanics
>>
>>321657508
What mechanics do you mean, nigger? The game literally holds your hand the whole way through. You talk about it like it's the most complex game you've ever played.

You could introduce this game to an actual 6 year old and they would have no problem understanding how to play it.
>>
>>321657401
>how generic cover-based shooting mechanics work
wait, what? RE6 has a cover system?
>>
>>321657171
Considering he fact that more oldfags get replaced by more newfags every year, it shouldn't come to a surprise. Doesn't change the fact that RE6 is liquid fucking garbage of a game because some retards convinced themselves that it was Godhand with guns.
>>
Why are there so many pro RE6 threads lately? Is the remaster coming out next month?
>>
>>321657809
The dodging mechanics for one thing. The ability to leap toward directions you desire allows you to dodge most attacks in the game. I see a lot of people just play the game like it is RE4 and they end up taking shit tons of damage they don't need to. It makes boss fights a lot more tedious if you don't bother dodging.

There is also the special parry dodge that most enemies have on at least one of their attacks. Knowing when to let enemies attack and doing these dodges can do a shit ton of damage to enemies and it is extremely reliable once you know the timing.

There is also the Coup de Grace mechanic that gives arguably one of the absolute strongest attacks possible to those who know the combinations that reliably lead to it, such as making use of the slide.

If you know what you're doing you can save so much ammunition and health pots and you can have a lot more fun in the process. RE6 is a very unique game in that regard.

>>321658072
There have been pro RE6 threads since the game came out. There will always be people who enjoyed a game even if most do not.
>>
The game is straight up godlike in mercs no mercy and co-op no mercy.
>>
>>321654862
F A T C O C K S

A

T
C

O

C

K

S
>>
>>321654862

It had bad turret sections, bad action sequences, pointless QTE sections (thanks to the patch most QTE were removed.
Bad bosses, too many set pieces.

Just forget it.
>>
>>321658072
Because the same person who keeps making these threads and replying to everyone who posts in it with paragraph long responses just really, really wants you to like this game.
>>
>>321658538
I agree. RE6 Mercs with a friend is the most fun I've had playing a RE game. The mechanics really shine in mercenaries this time around. We've come a long way from the

>shoot in head
>run up
>kick

That was RE4 and 5.

I fucking love the stages for RE6 mercs too.
>>
>>321656294
>I'm just pointing out one of the basic reasons why the game did not succeed.

It did though, it sold like a billion copies
>>
>>321658946
Wasn't it the most expensive game Capcom has ever developed though?
>>
>>321658939

Pretty much I just hope they improve on this type of gameplay instead of ditch it in the next RE. It just feels so good and satisfying.

I also wish capcom would just come right out and say this is an action game now.
>>
>>321655098
shut the fuck up please. Reading shit like this is embarassing
>>
I don't like the game, but that's mostly because of the enemies and because of most of the levels.
During the part where you're in the bike chase with Jake, if you're playing co-op it's almost impossible to see anything coming at you. I hated the snow mountain level also. I hated most of the boss fights because of how long and grueling they felt. I hated Helena. I hated how much they nerfed the shotgun. I didn't mind the QTEs, I rather liked countering attacks.
I don't remember much of the other things due to me repressing most of the RE6 experience, but I can say for sure that the controls did feel great - slide attacking, dodging in general and run attacks made things pretty fun. That's one thing the game did well - in my opinion, anyway. I enjoyed the demo a lot more than I enjoyed the full game.
Oh, and I didn't like Merceneries either, but that's because of the map choices. I didn't play the hunted mode or whatever you call that thing that's like L4D's VS mode, or any of the DLC.
I played the entire thing couch co-op with a friend at his place.
I actually bought a copy of RE6 some time later because it was 5£, thinking maybe I'll try it again, or at least give Mercs a try again (My old co-op buddy absolutely refused to touch RE6 again). Have yet to even open it, though.
>>
>>321659027

That or RE5 but both sold well. Capcom only consider them failures because the marketing department said they'd sell something like 50 million copies when almost no game does this except like GTA
>>
>>321654862
Definitely. If Capcom had used the same everything but just removed the Resident Evil title, people wouldn't have complained. Everyone loves to cry QTEs left and right to pretend like they've played passed the first hour of a pretty lengthy action game, but there wasn't nearly as much as people would like you to believe.

The mechanics and pretty much everything about how the game controls are so well done and I'd love to see Capcom reuse it in some way, either in 7 or another game entirely. Co-Op was a blast, Mercs was the best in the series, the girls were hot, etc. Poured hours into it.

Resident Evil Rev 1 was about 500x worse, although Rev2 was pretty damn good in the gameplay department. Does a good job of bringing back Resi "Oldfags" I believe. Although I hate using that term since I've been playing them since the first games and enjoyed 6 greatly.
>>
>>321659856
RE5 is Capcom's best selling game ever. I highly doubt they consider it a failure. It consistently sold copies up until maybe a year or two ago.
>>
ill never understand how people can shit on re6 and then unironically call revelations a good game
>>
>>321659930
>people wouldn't have complained.

That's not true, people are bitching about Umbrella Corps because it's not muh remake or muh reefour
>>
File: f46.gif (2 MB, 350x273) Image search: [Google]
f46.gif
2 MB, 350x273
Just play Mercs, then you can actually have fun with the controls and mechanics its put in place.

Fucking catching a Bloodshot out of its dive and stamping on its chest killing it instantly is so fucking good.

Shoot fat guy in the legs, fat guy falls over, slide past his head and plant a remote bomb. Flip over onto your back and shimmy backwards timing the explosion perfectly.

Chris having a fucking sumo fight with Napads.

RE 6 did a fuckload wrong it also did some really good things and it did them well. Its just that no one knows they exist.
>>
>>321660174

Also I should add that I own every single RE game apart from I think 2 mobile phone games and have bought them on launch since the first. I bought Resident Evil 2 on my 15th Birthday.
>>
>>321660174
>Wading in to a horde of Bloodshots, catching and stomping one after another as they fly at you from all sides
Shit was serious fun
>>
>>321660157
Thats because "oldfag" resident evil fans just want the games to stay stagnant. I understand the frustration with the series taking a more action approach though but thats a stupid reason to blindly hate on something.

Keep in mind I understand that some people genuinely may not like RE6 and that is perfectly okay, everyone has their own opinion - but the mindless sheep bullshit that would often happen concerning it was embarrassing.
>>
>>321659930
>The mechanics and pretty much everything about how the game controls are so well done

To each his own, but I would have preferred an option for tank controls or even something similar to how Revelations handled movement.

The limited movement control of RE4 and 5 were a great balance between survival horror and action and I felt that should have stayed.
>>
RE6 was the first RE game to get the TPS concept right. this is completely fucking asinine when you realize many games came and did it better since RE4, which supposedly "set the standard". there is no fucking excuse for making us wait 10 years before they enabled strafing while aiming.

strictly in terms of gameplay, RE6 was solid. in terms of everything else, it was a complete shitshow. nobody should be surprised though, especially RE4 fans, whom all subsequent games have been designed for. RE4 completely destroyed what little credibility and staying power the narrative of the series had after CV, which was the undeniable beginning of the end.

the series should have died with raccoon city at the end of 3. instead, we have a creatively bankrupt studio desperately trying to expand upon a deadend franchise, kept alive by superficial and braindead means. they've gone beyond milking the cow and beating a dead horse, they've made a literal hybrid zombie of the two.
>>
>>321660157
>muh remake or muh reefour
this. People don't want RE4, peopel don't want old RE, people don't want new RE. Just let it die.
>>
convince me capcom isn't a real world umbrella corp
>>
>>321661204
Their ex-employees haven't all been killed
>>
>>321660986
>>321661053

RE5 sold 6.9 million
RE6 sold 6.3 million
>>
>>321661743
>citation needed
>>
>>321654862
Nice try. There is a reason the resident evil games are dead.
Now stop trolling, we all get it, you have shit taste.
>>
>>321661906
Capcom
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html
>>
>>321661918
They're not dead cause you don't like them.
>>
It was just a dank punching bag to prove "gamers have standards" like Devils Third.

It's tied with Binary Domain and Vanquish for best third person shooter of the generation.

Unless someone shows me their XBL/PSN/Steam I don't believe they've played shit.
>>
>>321661918

The HD version of REmake broke PSN store records when it came out in Jan. Fastest Day one selling Digital title.

Dead series.
>>
>>321662085
Coold beans. This means either the vocal minority that bitches every time new RE comes out needs to die or new part that likes new RE should appear. Because so far i only see threads whining re 4,5,6 being shit and 1/2/3 being the best, though they are clearly different games and you can't make 1/2/3 in this year if you want to make serious profit.

I kinda like that they're trying new things with the franchise, but they should just call it something else at this point, RE universe can only take so much.
>>
>>321662345
You are retarded.
>>
Nearly all of my gripes with 6 come down to its level design, the train wreck of an attempt to tie four campaigns together with a horde of interns instead of just focusing on one and how it barely uses these amazing action game features it introduced.

Calling it a spin-off wouldn't have helped my opinion of it, unless that involved throwing all of its campaigns in the garbage (where your mental gymnastics belong) and focusing on Mercenaries.

>>321658072
Same faggot keeps making these threads over and over again. Eventually the people who disagree with him get tired of dealing with a broken record and move on and so you see less and less of their posts in these threads. They're usually in the series threads for RE as opposed to ones for specific entries, part of it being that RE0's remaster is coming soon.
>>
File: kirk.jpg (29 KB, 480x82) Image search: [Google]
kirk.jpg
29 KB, 480x82
The online was so much fucking fun

I'm cautiously optimistic about Umbrella Corps
>>
>>321662489

You sure told me!

"The game also broke PlayStation Network records, where it was the "biggest selling day one digital title," Capcom added. The publisher did not share a total units sales figure for the game, however, nor did it provide a breakdown of sales by platform."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/resident-evil-hd-breaks-sales-records/1100-6425190/
>>
>>321662424
/v/ (thankfully) does not make up the majority of sales for anything. Any of the constant meme bitching you see here doesn't reflect on any fanbase or majority.

There are millions of people who enjoyed RE6.
>>
what do you guys think?
will the RE6 price will go 4.07 euro or below?
will i buy it this year?
>>
Removing everything that was shit about it would've made for a good game.
That means removing the HORRID jeep and motorcycle sections, the entirety of Chris' campaing, and a good chunk of Jake's.
>>
>>321662424

Nah I fucking love how insane the entire legacy has gotten. Its one of the only series we have left thats happy to still connect everything in one timeline with aging main characters. Theres history there and getting rid of everything thats been built just to do yet another Reboot and reset everything to zero would be horrible.

Unless the Reboot of the series is based on an SD Perry book that is. Then I'm ok with that.
>>
>>321662938
It's already 75% off you poor shitter.
>>
what's with all of the "in defense of RE6" threads recently? Is it one person?

The game has zero redeeming quallities.
>>
>>321663048

Plus the entire first chapter of Leon and the Cathedral section and the Catacombs and the entire T-Rex boss fight and the giant spider thing lighting conductor boss fight.

and Helena.

and the Shark escape swimming part.

and Leon.
>>
>>321663096
already spend my muney on dragons dogma, castlevania 2, bloodrayne 1,2,betrayel, wolfenstein NO,
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (71 KB, 587x200) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
71 KB, 587x200
>>321663332
You should probably go finish 4 and 5 then first. Also nice hacked achievements and CS:GO playtime, faggot.
>>
>>321663586
thx
will do, but i have to play lightning return first :(
>>
>>321663298
Man, that game had a lot more shitty parts than I remembered.
>>
>>321663790

Nah loads of people give Leon's campaign a pass when its just as guilty as the rest of them for being filled with bullshit.

I enjoyed Leon's the least really, despite it being all spooks and supposed puzzles, that meshed with the controls never worked but when you play as Chris you can go full ham with the counters and quick shots and it flows so much better, same goes with Sherry and the pretty interesting gimmicks each of her stages come with.

I do think that the game would have come out far tighter and more cohesive if the team was cut by about 300 people.
>>
>>321663065
We're going to run out of villains pretty soon, Just wait till they kill Natalia-Wesker.
>>
File: Sherry ass.jpg (683 KB, 1656x993) Image search: [Google]
Sherry ass.jpg
683 KB, 1656x993
>>
>>321664093
It's true that the Chris campaign had some good gameplay, now that you mention it.
I guess that I hated the overall CoD vibe it gave off. Like they were trying to go for an horror version of it.
>>
File: Sherry ass.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Sherry ass.webm
2 MB, 960x540
>>321664404
>>
File: Sherry big butt.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Sherry big butt.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
>>321664509
>>
>>321664509
>"put your fat cocks out" guy is not around anymore
>>
>>321654862
Look mate, I agree that the gameplay was great.

RE6's problems stem from god-awful pacing, too many set pieces, too many QTEs, too many protagonists and campaign split across them, shit menus, bad enemy design, and so forth.

You don't get to play enough normally. You're constantly flying with a motorcycle, riding a mine cart, fighting the same boss for the third time, etc.

I just wanted to clear some rooms, fight hordes, scavenge and save ammo, PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

But no.
>>
>>321664816
His will lives in all of us.
>>
File: Sherry butt shot.jpg (41 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Sherry butt shot.jpg
41 KB, 800x600
>>321664686
>>
File: play as girl.png (1 MB, 1390x1040) Image search: [Google]
play as girl.png
1 MB, 1390x1040
Sherry butt!
>>
File: Sherry butt.jpg (724 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Sherry butt.jpg
724 KB, 1280x1024
>>321664890
>>
File: 1446678043778.png (76 KB, 360x489) Image search: [Google]
1446678043778.png
76 KB, 360x489
>>321664686
>>321664890
Capcom sure knows how to design its heroines
>>
>>321660986
RE6 failed at incorporating the one standard element of TPS since Killswitch: cover. Sure the mechanic was within the bounds of the game. But how it worked was so horrid that it was easier to crawl next to the intended cover sticks, and wasn't set up to be used as a factor in a series of positional hold-out shooting.

I don't hate RE6. I just hate every misstep Capcom made with it.I hate that Capcom can't see what their own games are worth and don't exploit it. I'd have loved if they didn't have a sticky cover system and instead built the entire game around crawling.

Leon's campaign was not survival horror. It could have been very interesting to see Leon playing the same general shooter game but limited to underpowered weapons, or forced to find caches of ammo where everyone else just had drops.

Ada's was supposedly puzzle based but it didn't require inventory management, didn't have or require a second player to manipulate the world, and also all the puzzles that they actually incorporated sucked. These were detraction.

Even Mercs, where I spent most of my playtime isn't beyond scrutiny. The killcap and lack of any player customization elements should've been integrated over 10 goddamn years.
>>
File: Sherry butt.png (208 KB, 750x477) Image search: [Google]
Sherry butt.png
208 KB, 750x477
>>321665029

>>321665039 Indeed
>>
File: Sherry crawl.jpg (111 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
Sherry crawl.jpg
111 KB, 1024x765
>>321665118
>>
>>321654862

I've been saying for years that if RE6 was a Dino Crisis game, people would love it.

All the Dodge and movement mechanics are wasted on these slow enemies
>>
File: Sherry crawl.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Sherry crawl.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>321665240
>>
Mustard here

I got RE6 on sale

Is it better with pad or keyboard?
>>
>>321665562
Keyboard
>>
>>321665562
>any game with shooting
>gamepad
???
>>
File: Sherry crawling.gif (2 MB, 336x280) Image search: [Google]
Sherry crawling.gif
2 MB, 336x280
>>321665403
>>
>>321665562
It's good on both.
I play the RE games with a controller just for being so used to it.
It's easier to aim with a mouse, but the gamepad provides a somewhat more cohesive experience.
>>
File: Sherry hot.jpg (54 KB, 753x1060) Image search: [Google]
Sherry hot.jpg
54 KB, 753x1060
>>321665772
>>
File: Sherry upskirt.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Sherry upskirt.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>321665952
>>
>>321665682

I really only been shooting knees and meleeing people. Gunplay doesn't really seem to be a big focus.

The game has a billion keys for dodging and a bunch of maneuvers. I was wondering if the game pad would provide a smoother experience.
>>
File: Sherry's booty.jpg (390 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Sherry's booty.jpg
390 KB, 1366x768
>>321666053
>>
>>321666095
>I was wondering if the game pad would provide a smoother experience.

Yep. That's what I meant on >>321665883
>>
>>321655098
>like your game series?
>WELL FUCK YOU you have to play THIS instead!
this is what you sound like
>>
>>321655098

No it fucking isn't. You sound like one of those retards who thinks RE and SH were never horror games despite LITERALLY having the word HORROR written all over them, in their fucking game cases, inside the games, and said to be so by their fucking makers.

>People use the term to mean "Horror I like" when it's supposed to mean games like Zombi U and The Forest

Nice strawman
>>
>>321654862
>Does anyone else think this game would have been really well received had it been marketed as a spinoff like Revelations was?
I do. I so fucking do.

I played it with a friend some time ago, and we had A FUCKING BLAST. Then we played again, and we had an even better time.

I'm perfectly convinced now that if the game was called something like "Resident Evil: Team Crazy Action Extravaganza!! What?! AIRPLANE " or something like that, it would have been much better received and Capcom wouldn't have had to fucking apologize to the fans.

It really isn't half as bad as it is when played as a crazy action game. It's sexy, it's hilarious, it's pretty damn fucking inspired as a B-movie-game type of thing, and it is so fucking humongous without any real drop in quality. It's even pretty challenging if you pick the correct difficulty level.
>>
File: Sherry.png (371 KB, 436x555) Image search: [Google]
Sherry.png
371 KB, 436x555
>>321658663
>>
>>321666968
But muh tank controls
>>
>>321667465
I am a Shinji Mikami fan. I consider RE2 a fucking travesty because it has too much action. And I fucking hated RE6, until this >>321666968 happened. So I AM a member of the muh tank controls crowd, I consider use of tank controls inalienable from RE1's brilliant design.
>>
>>321662646
ORC was shit and I'm amazed they think its a good idea to make it again but worse.
>>
>>321667708
Shigmack did Resident Evil 4 though.
>>
File: Sherry knocked up.jpg (158 KB, 985x566) Image search: [Google]
Sherry knocked up.jpg
158 KB, 985x566
>>321658663
>>
>>321665285
Holy FUCK, you're right
Someone should make this happen, stat
>>
>>321669460
>emblio
>>
revelations 2 is mediocre.
>>
File: 1322274834644.jpg (31 KB, 344x329) Image search: [Google]
1322274834644.jpg
31 KB, 344x329
>>321669556
>>321669460
r's and l's - HOW DO THEY WORK?!
>>
>>321669556

>nobody cares
>>
File: fatcock.jpg (364 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
fatcock.jpg
364 KB, 640x640
>>321658663
>>
>>321654862
Personally, I don't give a fat cock what other people thought of it. I enjoyed it, and I still play it from time to time, just as I do all the other mainline RE games (barring 4 and 5, which I just don't like). I probably would have enjoyed it more if Chris' campaign didn't exist at all, but an easy remedy is to just not play it.
>>
>>321654862
QTEs out of the ass are what killed the game for me.

I hated RE6 for this reason but if there were no QTEs or at least reasonable amounts of them, i would still enjoy game.

They went so overboard with button mashing, i am surprised they didn't make running a QTE prompt as well.
>>
>>321657508
Fucking THIS. Fuck, I played online with people who didn't know you could fucking DIVE.
>>
>>321670679
Me and my bro had fucking fun diving and executing quick attacks
>>
>>321670635
Exactly what I was talking about in the first post. There is no way anyone who even reached the halfway point of the game could say this with a straight face. Couldn't have played passed the first 30 minutes.
>>
File: 2015-09-06_00006.jpg (113 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-06_00006.jpg
113 KB, 1680x1050
>>321654862
Honestly, the game is everything that made RE4 and RE5 sell - just more of that.

When I saw the trailer, how stupid dramatic japanese actiony it was - I was fucking overjoyed. But all gamejournalists at that time were pre-occupied with getting excited for "STORY-GAMES" and "ARTSY GAMES" .

It is worth mentioning that very recently there was an article debating if video games should even have BOSSES and Casey Hudson used the words "it felt too videogamey" when motivating why Mass Effect 3 had no boss.

Game Journalists don't fucking care about if RE is horror or action, but since the franchise used to be horror - they could easily nag at RE6 not being horror. RE4 got away with it being innovative, RE5 got away with multiplayer-coop being the trend at the time.
RE6 didn't get away because the game is "DUMB" like the rest of the medium that game journos pretend to love.

Combine this with actual fans that actually care about RE not being horror spamming metacritic, there being launch-problems and you got a incredibly huge hate-wagon on your hands.

The game still sold well, it's good, I like it. It's not the best RE and I too would want to see Survival Horror RE make a return, but damnit, Action-RE is so much fun.
>>
People hated it because the controls sucked when they first released along with several other things like the camera. The QTE's,shitty story and weird atmosphere changes in the different chapters are the icing on the shit cake.
>>
>>321654862
Stop lying, you fuck.

You CAN'T turn off QTEs in the main game.
>>
>>321671054
very recently* at the time*
>>
>>321665285
I would've played the shit out of that. I saw Jurassic World a few days ago too. Was amazing
>>
>>321665562
I say gamepad.
>>
>>321670905
Well, what do you know? I actually finished the game in hardest difficulty and Plat'd it in my PS3.

It is still a shit game riddled with QTEs.
>>
>>321671054
RE would be fine if had started going back to its roots after 4. i didn't like the direction it continued on with 5 so now i don't play it
>>
>tfw I missed the Resi Evil humble bundle by 2 minutes a few weeks ago and get all games for $15.60.

;_;
>>
>>321671659
Why do people suck 4's dick so much if it's the reason the franchise is the way it is right now?
>>
>>321666952
he is not completely wrong - I agree with survival horror games of old being proper horror games - but they have their origins as being downplayed action-games where your movement and resources are limited (kinda like Castlevania 1 or Dark Souls if you want a modern example) so everything you do in the game matters more and becomes more intense.

But in the end you still pick up 300 pistol ammo and kill lots of zombies and even bosses.
>>
>>321671659
Yeah and a lot of people feel that way, but there are even more people that liked the new direction. I don't have any beef with RE-fans wanting to go back in time, the biggest beef I have is game journos rating shit after what's trending in the industry.
>>
>>321671887
Because it is a good game. Quite long, good action, QTEs are used sparingly and a shop system.
>>
>>321654862
It plays like shit faym
>>
>>321671887
>Why do people suck 4's dick so much if it's the reason the franchise is the way it is right now?
something different isn't bad. it's like play legend of zelda, do you want to ONLY push blocks for puzzles? but if you start off as a hack-n-slash and a couple games later you're an idolmaster clone would you expect the fanbase to play?
>>
>>321672009

Not really, not. Not in the old RE games. Unless you were doing knife-only challenges, there was no way to get 300 ammo without seriously conserving ammo. Most drops were only 10 bullets at a time, less so depending on the type of gun. Furthermore, the games were directly made as horror, having minor action elements does not detract from that or reclassify them.
>>
>>321672392

You can complain a lot of things about RE6

How I plays is not one of them
>>
>>321671887
It's one of the few last modern games that actually feels like a videogame with lots of different enemies, lots of bosses, basic formula for a story, secrets, gameplay depth, memorable characters, good length

...I don't get how we go from RE4 to getting games like Order 1886...
>>
>>321672663
Because RE4 had a ton of effort put into it , the order was trying to imitate film
>>
>>321664238
They won't kill her off because 1) She's a kid 2) She's not grotesque looking.

She'd need to grow up to be seriously ugly to be Killable.
>>
>>321663065
I agree with this. There is much history in RE. I don't want it to end
>>
>>321672830

They can kill a kid. Just have mutate off screen and it's all fine
>>
>>321665058
I don't agree and cover works in the game. Also, Leons campaign which I think never uses cover is one of the most fun and unique because the dynamic is completely different.
>>
This thread is cute.

Shittu super zoomed in camera, sluggish as fuck control, unstoppable intro cutscenes, cheaply constructed environment, Try hard unfunny story, and fuck pacing amirite? Also lets not forget troy Fucking baker yet again.

This game is shit, even as an action game desu
>>
If the series ever gets too insane , they can just keep remaking the old games till they think of something
>>
>>321658663
R I P
>>
File: cox.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
cox.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>321654862
FREEZE!

PUT YOUR FAT COCKS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!
>>
I would have liked the game if it was just a mercenaries stand alone because everything else this game attempts is really bad
>>
>>321673679

>when you see it
>>
>>321673918
Oh
>>
Is RE6 worth picking up for $7.50 during this steam sale?

It's the only RE I haven't beaten outside of like fucking Gaiden, but I couldn't force myself any further than Helena's sister last time I tried on console.
>>
>>321654862
RE: May Cry
>>
>>321673679
This shit wasn't funny back then and it isn't funny now.
>>
>>321654862
aside from notRE i think the other problems is that perks system is way too weak and you don't feel the progression mattering and less unlocks to keep it interesting, inventory is horrendous compared to 5 and the gun feel isn't as good as 5
>>
File: leon-helena.jpg (408 KB, 1920x2100) Image search: [Google]
leon-helena.jpg
408 KB, 1920x2100
I'm going to say what I always say. The action RE are enjoyable and very fun but it's not what the series should like. Capcom should give the gameplay to another series or to a brand new ip.
>>
File: Sherry tea drink.jpg (68 KB, 585x568) Image search: [Google]
Sherry tea drink.jpg
68 KB, 585x568
>>321674459

>stop having fun, guis
>>
File: 1396434740726.jpg (2 MB, 1497x1440) Image search: [Google]
1396434740726.jpg
2 MB, 1497x1440
>You will never mate with Sherry
>>
>>321674610
Or just make it a spin off. They kinda are doing that now with Revelations, but it isn't going far enough.

I think success of the Resident Evil RErelease on PC is changing them though. They are remastering RE2 now. If it does it well, I'd bet we see a new old-school RE game.
>>
>>321655098
The problem is the mechanics feel completely unnecessary to finish the campaigns and only shine in Mercenaries because of a bigger number of enemies and more space to navigate/dodge/etc.
>>
>>321657820
he's trying to play it like cod when you're actually supposed to run directly into gunfire and tackle and throw shit
>>
>>321674801
sounds alot like how AAA bajillion seller games work aka cod
>>
File: Sherry is all grown up.jpg (225 KB, 628x918) Image search: [Google]
Sherry is all grown up.jpg
225 KB, 628x918
>>321674658

Them G-viruses
>>
>>321674459
Thin cock boy detected.
>>
File: Sherry 1.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Sherry 1.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
Anyone got the pic of Sherry on the stairs while Jake is looking at her ass?
>>
The game was tugging in too many directions to be a good game. A single cohesive scenario would've saved it.
>>
>thread degenerates into waifu shit
Says a lot about the quality of this awful game
>>
>>321675691

>it's waifuing to enjoy a great looking ass

No.
>>
Felt like the Jake/Sherry campaign was the only worthwhile thing to come from the game. I was battling too much with the shitty inventory system to really enjoy it. Carrying every fucking gun became more of pain in the ass late into the game since you had to cycle through everything. And I didn't like how it took away so many teamwork elements like sharing ammo. If it was essentially RE5 with that level of free movement and different environment it would have been fine. Also they fucked up the upgrade system massively.
>>
File: Ashely and Sherry.jpg (163 KB, 941x665) Image search: [Google]
Ashely and Sherry.jpg
163 KB, 941x665
>>
>>321675765
Yeah sure
Why not talk about how fun the game or something fun that happened while you played?
Oh wait, the game isn't fun. So lets talk about polygons that resemble an ass on generic blonde Japanese video game girl #243
>>
File: Sherry in gown.jpg (49 KB, 500x833) Image search: [Google]
Sherry in gown.jpg
49 KB, 500x833
>>
>>321654862
Unironically loved this game, fuck the haters. Gameplay, storyline and game legnth was good.
>>
Re 6 leon campaign pretty good level designs are back, enemies are mostly zombies, the metro tunnel part and the cemetery was awesome. Then came chris and jake campaing just being re5 all over again.

I dont blame capcom, they tried to keep the olds and youngs too.

I only wish they make 7 like this again.Just a little more balanced to the two generations.

OR make the whole 7 re5 again BUT rerelease the outbreak 1&2 on pc or modern consoles so the older generation of re players can feel good again.
>>
>>321676590
>Leon campaign starts off really good
>You end up fighting a dinosaur/Tiger on a train in China
>>
I liked RE6. Each campaign felt like an updated version of each of the characters games.

Leons had that classic RE feel in the beginning and moved more towards RE4 the further you got.

Chris' felt like RE5.

Sherrys felt like RE3.

The story was nonsense but that's because Ada is the worst character in the series.
>>
File: Sherry growing.png (403 KB, 1179x948) Image search: [Google]
Sherry growing.png
403 KB, 1179x948
>>
File: avJPPPV.jpg (137 KB, 850x307) Image search: [Google]
avJPPPV.jpg
137 KB, 850x307
No. I'm really open to the changes in the RE series and the campaign was garbage. Leon in America was good. The rest ranges from boring (Leon in China) to terrible (Chris).

If the entire game was built around just playing Mercenaries No Mercy it would have been way better. The combat in the game could get really enjoyable.

So they just needed to ditch the campaign entirely and make it a game like Killing Floor, built entirely around a replayable horde experience.
>>
File: Helena Bridge.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Helena Bridge.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>321671224
You can on PC, faggot. At least some of them.
>>
>>321677782
Bruh, Helena had the fattest ass in the series. Only Claire and Sherry can come close.
>>
File: Helena behind.png (308 KB, 394x916) Image search: [Google]
Helena behind.png
308 KB, 394x916
>>321677852

Eh, it's about the same size as theirs. Unless we can get a good side-by-side of their models
>>
I completely ignored RE6 after hearing how horrible it was and how shit the demo controlled.
Is it worth going back to on PS3?
I don't think my 3 year old craptop can handle it any better than my PS3.
>>
>>321676897
He didn't say it wasn't stupid.
>>321676590
I liked Leon's. But his third act is probably the worst. Great beginning and middle tho.
>>
File: 1451179409518.jpg (65 KB, 454x419) Image search: [Google]
1451179409518.jpg
65 KB, 454x419
Why do almost none of the enemies in Revelations 1 and 2 drop nothing?

Is this the new gameplay style they were going for in these games or something? I'm not feeling it. I want to play roulette with a dead body to see what ammo I'll get.
>>
>>321677993
They patched a lot shit. For me the biggest improvements were changes to the camera including a fov slider.
>>
File: Ada booty.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Ada booty.png
2 MB, 1600x900
>>
File: 1304403545261.jpg (157 KB, 580x870) Image search: [Google]
1304403545261.jpg
157 KB, 580x870
>>321654862

I've been thinking for a while that Capcom should split the franchise into action and full-on survival horror because at this point they have this clusterfuck of a fanbase that consists of the classic purists and the people who grew up with 4 and prefer the action-titles . They try to cater to both with Revelations which are decent games but not really survival horror and not really action.

That being said, even looking at RE6 separately, it's still just a mediocre TPS to me compared to titles like Vanquish, Max Payne 3 or Dead Space.
>>
>>321678230
Because ammo is supposed to be scarce in RE games?
>>
File: 2015-12-26_00027.jpg (180 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26_00027.jpg
180 KB, 1920x1080
>>321679245
I hate her, but I will admit that's a nice ass.
>>
File: Ada crawling.gif (3 MB, 400x443) Image search: [Google]
Ada crawling.gif
3 MB, 400x443
>>321679823

You don't have to like the girl attached to it, but you always respect the ass
>>
>>321679245
>>321679823
RE4 Ada >
>>
I am going to marry Helena and die in some tragic zombie attack setting up her arc in RE7!
>>
File: 2015-12-26_00020.jpg (230 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26_00020.jpg
230 KB, 1920x1080
>>321679947
Face wise, yes! New Ada is pretty but looks too white and smug.
>>
File: Dat Claire.png (57 KB, 425x300) Image search: [Google]
Dat Claire.png
57 KB, 425x300
>>
>>321680289
Hair wise and outfit too.
>>
File: Carlos_UC2.jpg (41 KB, 621x375) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_UC2.jpg
41 KB, 621x375
>>321680254
>Helena
>Ever showing up again
Yeah, I'm sure her and Carlos are going to me the main Protagonist in RE7!
>>
File: George.jpg (102 KB, 737x1024) Image search: [Google]
George.jpg
102 KB, 737x1024
>>321676590
>rerelease the outbreak 1&2 on pc

plz god yes Capcom

Repackage them together on PC, and shill further with costume/character DLC. I'd give anything to derp around as George again spamming his voice clips while forcibly pilling allies
>>
>>321676507
>ultra hardened mercenary
>Slav squatting master race
>Wesker-tier strength and can do anything to Sherry
>only every glances ONCE at dat ass

Fucking unlimited cherry-popping Christmas cake god damn it, and the man doesn't pursue.
>>
File: Sherry sleepy.jpg (521 KB, 1200x852) Image search: [Google]
Sherry sleepy.jpg
521 KB, 1200x852
>>321680871

>Sherry has a great healing factor
>Could do serious anal and take on dragon dildos
>Will always be healed up right after and ready for another go around
>>
>>321680989

It isn't, dipshit
>>
File: 1.png (199 KB, 346x375) Image search: [Google]
1.png
199 KB, 346x375
My friend looks like Sherry. He's been thinking about displaying it one day
>>
>>321681381

It's a regular dog, retard. That would be beastiality. Fucking dumb nigger
>>
>>321681713

It may be anthropomorphism. But it's not an anthro dog. It's him if he was a dog instead of a human. That's not furry you wasteful sack of retarded flesh. Goddamn you are dense and getting triggered for no reason.
>>
>>321677156
>Leon in America was good
>my spooky walking simulators
fuck that i want more monster movie shit with predator snake
>>
>>321681994

It's just something the artist did. It's not furry since they're shown as regular animals. Furry has to be anthro animals, with humanlike features. Goddamn you are fucking retarded and getting mad for no reason. Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>321681458
can i fug
>>
>>321682216
He's a straight guy anon.
>>
>>321682291

Except they're not furry characters. Goddamn nigger, you are so fucking stupid and obtuse with trying to be right about something. You're wrong. Fuck off, go be a dumb nigger elsewhere
>>
File: Resident Evil General.jpg (598 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil General.jpg
598 KB, 1024x765
>>
>>321681458
just stop
>>
File: 1370393826675.jpg (187 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1370393826675.jpg
187 KB, 600x480
>>321674459
>STOP MAKING ME MAD
>WHY DO YOU ENJOY MAKING ME MAD?!
>>
>>321657171
People have coming coming round to RE6 for a good while now. There are still plenty of people that hate it though it's not uncommon to see someone say they enjoyed it.
>>
>>321683086

>I was only pretending

Whatever, newfag
>>
File: Sherry ID.png (660 KB, 680x1062) Image search: [Google]
Sherry ID.png
660 KB, 680x1062
>>
>>321683395
About fucking time.
>>
File: 1436692874277.jpg (156 KB, 649x655) Image search: [Google]
1436692874277.jpg
156 KB, 649x655
>>321659591
>5£
>not £5

JF'S OUT OF MY COUNTRY
>>
>>321674459
Somebody doesn't have a fat cock.
>>
File: Sherry badge.png (426 KB, 512x800) Image search: [Google]
Sherry badge.png
426 KB, 512x800
>>321683395
>>
File: Sherry dressed as Lilith.png (400 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
Sherry dressed as Lilith.png
400 KB, 595x842
>>
>>321679501
Ammo has never been scarce in a RE game. Even on the higher difficulties, you could find enough ammo to kill everything in the game without using your knife as long as you weren't wasting it with lots of missing. And if you did use your knife even a bit, you'd have a chest full of spare ammo.
>>
>>321684458

It was still fairly scarce. it was never in great abundance.
>>
File: Sherry horny.jpg (343 KB, 595x842) Image search: [Google]
Sherry horny.jpg
343 KB, 595x842
>>
File: Sherry's claim.jpg (461 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Sherry's claim.jpg
461 KB, 800x600
>>
File: Sherry's panties.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sherry's panties.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>Implying RE4 was ever scary
>>
>>321685919

It could be at times. And the first play-through is always more tense than the later ones, since your guns are shit and things like the rocket launchers are scarce
>>
Nope, game is fucking horribly made, it has nothing to do with the players. You are retarded and shouldn't even begin to think about criticizing game design if you disagree. Yeah, let's call it a spinoff like Operation Raccoon City, that'll make it okay.
>>
>>321685496
I would marry Moira just so I could be Barry's son-in-law.
>>
>>321685919
It was tense and I got the same feeling from older RE games. More tense than scary. Now Silent Hill, that shit was intense scary.
>>
>>321685919
It was weaker than the previous REs horror wise, but there were a couple decent scary fucks in RE4 like Dr.Salvador and the spiky regenerating assholes.
>>
File: 1379259325701.jpg (64 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1379259325701.jpg
64 KB, 612x612
>>321674658
>you'll never put your big, fat cock where she can see it
>>
File: Sherry in t-shirt.png (259 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
Sherry in t-shirt.png
259 KB, 800x900
>>
File: Umbrella's evil knows no mounds.jpg (517 KB, 1494x930) Image search: [Google]
Umbrella's evil knows no mounds.jpg
517 KB, 1494x930
>>
>>321673679
>>321683395
>>321684107
Fat Cocks will never die!
>>
Sherry is OK but Deborah has a special place in my heart.
>>
>>321654862

I am one of the few who really really liked this game. Gameplay was fun.
>>
>>321680289
>The ass was so fat, it literally emitted light
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.