[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gwent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: gwent.jpg (198 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
gwent.jpg
198 KB, 970x545
Hey guys. I recently bought Witcher 3 and... Well I always get destroyed in Gwent. The opponent always throws in super strong cards or cards woth effects I haven't even seen yet... I always buy the cards form merchants and stuff but there are never any good ones... Any help on where I should go to start getting a good deck or something? I really like the concept but it is pretty difficult when you lose every game you enter.
>>
I just currently got to Oxenfurt because of the Blood Baron quest.
>>
>>321654489
>>321654553
It's a RNG card game, keep at it until you win and only use North Kingdoms deck.
Also take off the fucking trip you faggot.
>>
It's really easy once you get some good cards. You can literally stack the deck and destroy everything.
>>
I still don't get how Gwent works. I always see the opponent draw cards or get extra ones and I thought you couldn't. Then they play cards on my side somehow or end up dropping like cards with 6 power out of nowhere.

It's fucking confusing I don't even bother with it.
>>
>>321655124
Yeah, but where do I start?
>>
>play to win tier
nilfguard

>plar for fun tier
northern kingdoms

>brain dead tier
monsters

>just fuck my shit up tier
scoial tail
>>
>>321655507
Just play random merchants as you play, they start very easy and get harder as you go. Build up a Northern Realms deck, make sure you use lots of multiplier cards and cards with big numbers while not putting too many cards in your deck. Use the Leader that negates weather and use a scarse few weather cards.
>>
>>321655507
just play with random people when you see the option to play or, just fallow the quest line to get the better cards.

hope you have a good memory beacuse the game wont remember the random people you have played with outside the quest line so, mark them in a book or something.

also, at triss quest line when your at a noble party, play gwent until you beat everyone so you can get all the cards.
>>
>>321655852
I just lost the fourth time to some fucking armorer in Oxenfurt... This is getting really infuriating. Always throws in his special 10s or 0 spies
>>
>>321656128
Thanks for the Triss tip
>>
>buy heart of stone to get physical gwent card
>me, my brother and a friend play it from time to time.

its pretty fucking fun. cant wait for the next dlc.
>>
>>321656150
yeah. both smiths in Oxenfurt are tough. go back once you get stronger deck.
>>
>>321654489
Theres a blacksmith somewhere in Velen that uses a Scoia'teal deck. He's pretty easy to beat and you get about 3 or 4 Scoia'teal cards after beating him. I just got the game in the sale aswell so I assume play the peasantry to build up your deck before taking on any lords or aristocracy as the peasants seem to have weaker decks.
>>
>>321656570
I would go back to White Orchard and start from scratch but the inn just disappeared. The inkeeper is not there and it is not even marked as an inn on the map. Also, I can't play the merchant near the bridge (the one you saved)
>>
>>321654489
5x blue stripes commandos
prince stennis
2x commander's horn (replace 1 with dandelion)
2x catapults
trebuchets
ballistas
dun bannar medic

Foltest The Siegemaster

This will give you a strong siege and strong close combat to win out a couple rounds even against difficult decks early on. You will occasionally get hit my torrential rain or not drawing enough blue stripes, but replay and you can get past it -- later once you have more hero cards & spies you can wreck so hard getting hit with torrential rain doesn't matter.

As you play more, add all the spies you can get, and you can start replacing filler cards with heroes. My current deck based off this I can usually get all spies played and use the medic/yennefer to use their spies as well and pretty much empty my deck into my hand.

Your strategy once you have all 4 spies is to throw the 1st round everytime and use as many spies as you can to have a monster hand for the following rounds, the opponent will waste a few of their cards thinking you're actually playing that round.
>>
Northern Realms is the only really viable deck until you collect literally everything. You need to get yourself hero cards and spies. Once you get heroes and spies, you'll just stop losing.

Your deck should consist of all the fuckin' heroes you can get your mitts on, and then siege. You should have strong siege, and the leader card that doubles siege strength. It's really cake. Also: Dummies are great for stealing their spies/your spies back.
>>
File: 1431088627505.jpg (51 KB, 500x353) Image search: [Google]
1431088627505.jpg
51 KB, 500x353
>Always buy every card you see on sale, i think every tavern in teh game has a vendor
>Use the fucking spies
>Save the decoys to use on enemies spies or on your units that can ressurect a card
>Always try to win the first round, it gives you a pretty big tactical advantage
>If the computer start going all in and you cant win the round dont pass yet, try to bait as many cards you can, then easily win the other rounds
>Monster deck is easy mode until the tournament
>>
>>321654489

who is she? she's a qt.
>>
Okay, right now I went back to the Velen villages and play them. Can I get any cards from them? If so, how much do I have to bet?
>>
>>321658306
Betting doesn't matter
>>
>>321658306
There's a pool of random cards you get from beating most merchants/blacksmiths/vendors. You get 1 card from the pool for beating them once. After that the rewards beyond the dollarydoos are random. Many also sell cards if you look at their shop. You only have to bet 1 crown to win a card off them.
>>
>>321655789
How are the black ones play to win when they have those shitty spies and that lame faction skill? Only thing they have over northern armies is that they have more medics
>>
>>321658513
>>321658736
So I just got a pile of lumber and two crowns? Sweet.
>>
>>321659065
nilf is consistent

It doesn't compare to a northern deck with choice cards; nothing does.
>>
>>321657420
This, my northern realms became unstoppable a third of the way through the game.

Typically, I let the computer win the first round. I limit myself to three rounds and throwing my weakest cards, then forfeit that round. For some reason, the computer almost always forfeits really early in the second round. Final round I just start dishing out heroes until the computer is just about out of cards, then I use the siegemaster buff and put in my siege cards (assuming my hand isn't entirely heroes). This wins just about 99% of the time.
>>
I recently bought it too and holy fuck, why didn't anyone tell me how pretty this game is. And it runs so smoothly. And it's not a bad game either...
>>
They should decrease the max number of hero cards, increase the minimum requirement for unit cards and throw in some more skills. It would force some variety into the game.
Also more decks, maybe split monsters into monsters and undead.
>>
>>321659947
I agree. Hero cards are basically cheating.
>>
File: OgdKTUq.jpg (281 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OgdKTUq.jpg
281 KB, 1920x1080
>>321660040
>Hero Cards are cheating
>blue stripes commandos are fine
>>
>>321657420
I changed to nilfgard later and if youre lucky you can put together a decent deck early enough.
Also once you get to the city in the north of velen you can do a quest of your dwarf buddy where you have to get some awesome gwent cards. AFter that ask him about other players and he will tell you to play with some of your friends (roche etc.) this will net you a bunch of herocards which rape everyone. Only moment you might get overwhelmed is with monster decks. Just play low power cards and have a load of frost in your deck, the enemy will field a massive army and buff them for double damage and then stop playing. At that point freeze his ass and swipe the round with a few heroes. Second round you can go allout and he probably depleted most of his hand with his mass summons.
>>
>>321660386
>get frosted
Also nilfgard has a card that is 5 with the group bonus.
>>
Northern Realms is the way to go.

Get three decoy cards
Get Spy Cards

also look up the locations of where to get the Hero cards. Geralt, Ciri, Yennefer, etc. There is also a spy hero Card that only has 0 units - Mysterious Elf.

The point to Spy cards is to get a bigger hand and let the AI sperg out and use all of its hand in the first round. Passing in the first round to lose is viable strat. If you use it right you'll commonly find that the AI has about 5 or less cards while your hand is still stacked thus winning the next two rounds.
>>
>>321659065
they have strong cards in all lines while the other decks have strong deck support from one line.
>>
>>321654820
>North Kingdoms deck
Nigga I kicked all of the ass with Nilfgaard.
>>
>>321660386
[Scorch]
>>
>>321659917
>Every fucking site says it's GOTY
>Amazing user review on metacritic
>Lot of threads praising it, even on /v/
>Some threads shit on it because bloodborne didn't win GOTY, for shitposting, or simply because of the downgrade
What a surprise, the game is actually good.
>>
>>321660386
>Scorch
>gg m8
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.