[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to play these games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: final-fantasy-v-5-vi-6-fire-tv.jpg (57 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
final-fantasy-v-5-vi-6-fire-tv.jpg
57 KB, 800x450
For real, what are the best ways to play these games? SNES, GBA, PSX, Mobile? I've heard so much contradiction from everyone about this that it's really just a headache at this point.

If it's SNES, do I need patches, excluding translation patches obviously.
If it's the GBA, which patches do I need exactly to play?
Is there a way to stop the slowdown in the PSX version?
Is there a way to fix the graphics in the mobile/steam releases of these games?

Help me out here man.
>>
File: 1422417933604.jpg (248 KB, 858x1200) Image search: [Google]
1422417933604.jpg
248 KB, 858x1200
>>321653940
Anyone?
>>
The GBA version has more content but it has audio issues. If you're emulating go with GBA + patch.
PSX has horrible load times and the mobile version is just ugly.
>>
>>321654774
By more content I mean post-game dungeons and in FFV's case more classes. I don't know if there's a patch for FFV, but there's one for FFVI.
FFV and FFVI are my favorites by the way.
>>
>>321654774
Is there anyway to make sure the audio sounds better in the GBA versions? I know there's the patches. What about VI? There's quite a few patches regarding that one like translation, graphics, etc, etc.

I'm just curious since I'm not really sure what would be the best things to apply to these games for 'optimal' experience you know?
>>
Bump for OP because I want to play 6 soon but unsure which. I played 5 on gba cart, everything seemed fine to me but it's my only experience.
>>
>>321654692
Best FF girl.
>>
>>321653940
emulator, use fast forward and grind early on.
>>
File: Terra.png (2 KB, 107x56) Image search: [Google]
Terra.png
2 KB, 107x56
>>321653940
>Is there a way to fix the graphics in the mobile/steam releases of these games?
Maybe one day there will be complete set of sprites to swap in.
>>
>>321655179

FFV GBA is a good port. The musics a little off, but its a solid port. Same for FF6 really.

They both have a load of post-game content, which in FF6's case is good because FF6 didnt have much in the way of superbosses to challenge. Vanilla FF5 at least has Omega and Shinryuu.

Honestly when it comes to FF5 and 6, the only way you can go wrong is the mobile versions which are are just plain ugly.
>>
>>321655179
Well, from what I can understand, when it comes to the GBA for FFV, this is universely agreed upon.

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/563/

Even if it drives me wild and the sound still pops every once in a while.

For FF6, there's so many hacks which is what confuses me the most if I was to pick the GBA version.
Like this one seems like a no brainer:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/657/

but then, there's this one too:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/765/

and then the rest of the page has some other ones that remove censorship, or fix the font in some way, but, I'm not sure which is best way.

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=hacks&genre=&platform=&game=819&category=&perpage=20&title=&author=&hacksearch=Go

>>321655250
She's one of my favorites for sure.

>>321655375
Obviously play it on emulator if it's old versions, since I can't really shell out the money for a flashcart or the original hardware for sure.

>>321655567
This would be the dream I'd imagine. I'd want that one day, but, I don't see it happening for a long, long time.
>>
>tfw I held off on VI GBA because it never got cheap like V did
>my ds lite broke
>now i'm forced to play it on computer instead of comfy handheld
fuck
>>
>>321654774
Do this apply to V and VI, or to V only?
>>
>>321657058
Both from what I understand.
>>
>>321653940
Not to hijack your thread or anything, but...
Does FFV ever get good? It barely has any plot, and feels pretty bland overall. I could excuse FFI for being the first and III because II didn't really work out as expected, but going back to this shit after IV and VI...
>>
>>321655567
I think if it were possible somebody would have attempted it by now.
>>
>>321657793

Go to the Steam page, they've already removed the shitty filter on it and they're working on changing the sprites
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.