[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cover.jpg (361 KB, 1074x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-cover.jpg
361 KB, 1074x1500
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing
>>
Nothing

Not sure what you expected
>>
File: noneedupset.gif (1 MB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
noneedupset.gif
1 MB, 325x203
>>
Nothing
>>
http://gotypicks.blogspot.com

nothing
>>
Nothing
>>
File: 1387404001320.png (5 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1387404001320.png
5 KB, 419x249
>>
>>321648927
For me, the fact that you need to know some characters from the book to actually now who they were because they don't appear in the games but they are important to the end of the plot, was kinda shitty, but i already knew them because i read the books, but that's the only thing that i can say about the game
>>
File: obamameme.png (166 KB, 514x513) Image search: [Google]
obamameme.png
166 KB, 514x513
>>
>>321648927
Combat is absolute garbage
>>
>>321648927
Devs admitted there was a downgrade but everyone was too ashamed to admit they got cucked, so everyone is just calling it GOTY.
>>
>>321649446

play on Death March, you'd actually have to use most of your witcher mechanics
>>
>>321648927
Nothing

One of the best games ever made
>>
Was what I expected

Fighting enemies caps out like 5 hours in. They get no new attacks, big and flying enemies are just slight variations of previous big or flying enemies. Incredibly basic and more of a chore than it should be.
>>
>>321648927
open world, boring quests, lifeless world, boring characters, shitty combat system, etc etc
>>
Nothing
>>
>>321648927
Quantity over quality, that's all. They wanted to do everything, ending by doing nothing right.
They nailed the graphics, the writing and the general sound design. But that's clearly not what makes a game good.

The gameplay is completely garbage and woud go unnoticed if it was at least 10 time shorter.
It's repetitive as fuck, despite the writing hiding it. Witcher sense is fucking horrid. Most of the secondary activities are utter garbage. The open-world is Ubisoft-tier despite the fans totally denying it. Not to mention the fact the game was unplayable at its release.

But hey, here's some some fanservice, I'm sure it will make the game great. It worked with MGS4 after all.
>>
>>321649518
what got downgraded?
>>
>>321648927

If they spent less money on viral marketing and giving ecelebs holidays and cameos in return for shilling they would have had more money for bug fixing and optimization.
>>
It wasn't Witcher 3 - Wild Cunt.
>>
What's wrong with the combat?
>>
>>321649674
>The open-world is Ubisoft-tier
elaborate I dunno what this means
>>
>>321649971
Basically, no depth and no craziness.

>>321649986
Many shit to collect, bandit camps, random quests that no one cares about, in short.
Filled with many things to do, but that are either boring or repetitive.
>>
>>321649674

so you would rather play Other M tier "where's waldo" trying to find clues in the environment?
>>
>>321650128
I'd rather have a very short cutscene where Geralt tries to care. It would be both shorter AND less painful to "play".
This shit adds absolutely nothing to the game, and is railroaded as fuck.
>>
>>321649674
Pretty much this. I liked the card mini-game better than the actual game. The combat and shallow character development killed it for me.
>>
>>321650097
>Many shit to collect, bandit camps, random quests that no one cares about, in short.
>Filled with many things to do, but that are either boring or repetitive.
ah fair enough, I didn't know this had a term, I remember it all the way back to SNES rpgs where you collect tons of shit you never use. I agree w/you that its dull af
>>
>>321648927
>tfw paw got the shitter worst possible ending
>>
>>321649518
Sorry that you're pisspoor and can't afford a good fucking rig
>350k/year salary
>can afford nice things like a $20k rig for 4k gaming and 60inch 4k screen
>have a pretty wife
>you sit in your mother's basement crying about Witcher 3
>>
Nothing
O
T
H
I
N
G
>>
File: huffingman.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
huffingman.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>>321650671
sure m8
>>
>>321650671
How's your wife's son?
>>
>>321650671
Who would lie on the internet?
>>
>>321648927
This thread
>>
>>321650795
I bet he's a nice young, confident black boy.
>>
It's open world.
>>
>>321648927
nothing desu

GOTY
>>
>>321650969
Well I am black so it makes sense
>>
>>321649613
Combat is still garbage, even if the potions and decoctions are fun.

Fistfighting in a small room with five enemies is not challanging at Death March. It just highlights how shit the combat is.
Also:
>Can't open doors in combat
>Enemies can't walk up stairs 9/10 times in combat
>Can't jump in combat
>Can't roll outside of combat
>Geralt decides to go out of combat randomly even though there are enemies still charging at him

I'm sure some things can be fixed with mods, but that doesn't excuse it.
>>
>>321650097
>no depth
Video games are not art. Stop judging them like they are.
>>
File: Flag4.png (33 KB, 1344x718) Image search: [Google]
Flag4.png
33 KB, 1344x718
>>321651216
nice meme
>>
>>321648927
Too many sidequests that amount to fluff.
This one of the reasons I like the Souls games. Theyre not so linear that the game feels like its forcing you along hallways with no other options, but its not so open wold that you ever feel overwhelmed, or that the game lacks any meaningful focus or goals.

Also the combat is basically just mash Quick Attack, like why does Strong Attack even exist?
>>
>>321651216
Nice strawman m80
>>
>downgrade
>story is yawn-inducing
>combat is boring and easy as hell
>world is empty and void
>loot is pointless
>witcher senses are a cheap batman detective mode ripoff
>quest design is horrible
>no variety in weapons or combat
>>
>>321649518
>OH NOES GRAPHICS
>>
>>321648927
They made the DLC better than the main game
>>
Why is there an alchemy gathering point every 4 steps?
>>
The only thing I found jarring was that it tried to force geralt to be with yen. Still ended up with triss though not that it matters. It's neither here nor there
>>
>>321648927

They made it open world.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.