[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Duke Nukem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: duke-nukem-forever-5.jpg (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
duke-nukem-forever-5.jpg
1 MB, 1680x1050
Could we all agree that Duke nukem forever is a god tier game.
This game embodied the true essence of what Duke nukem is.
If you don't like Duke nukem Forever you are either a child born after 2000 or a SJW.
>>
HAIL TO THE KING, BABY
>>
>>321645605
>This game embodied the true essence of what Duke nukem is.

Halo?
>>
File: 1435819598999.gif (10 KB, 116x119) Image search: [Google]
1435819598999.gif
10 KB, 116x119
>>321645605
>>
>>321645605
i paid 6 dollars for it. amazing game. it just got released a few years too late for it to be good but yes. its very fun for what it is.
>>
>>321645605
This game got everything about what made Duke 3D wrong though. Limited weapon selection, linear level progression, and none of the cool shit like jetpacks/shrinkrays/freezerays/holograms that made the multi unreal for the time.
>>
File: 1410603285481.jpg (28 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
1410603285481.jpg
28 KB, 300x275
>>321647369
>amazing game
>>
Yeah, and Max Payne 3 was a great Max Payne game.
>>
This game made me question Gearbox.

Yes, they are complete scum for Colonial Marines and all the shit that came with that, but were they even at fault for Duke Nukem Forever?

All they did was put the bag of shit 3D Realms left on their doorstep out the door; a bag of shit that took OVER A DECADE to make.
>>
>Duke before forever
>Alpha male with a genuine sense of chivalry behind his ultra machismo
>Duke Forever
>Fratboy douchebag who is crass for the sake of being crass
>>
>>321647695
speaking in terms of like modern shooters like call of duty or haloo or such was it on par?fuck no. but it had that nice old ps2 shooter feel to it that just felt so damn good. and it was amazing for taking that and running with it.
> nothing can justify looking for fuel tanks though for the car
>>
Duke Nukem 3D is to Doom as Duke Nukem Forever is to Half Life.

It's clear that was the direction they had wanted to go since the earliest versions of the game, and I enjoyed it on that level. All the little interactions and mini-games made up for the down tuned shooting bits IMO.
>>
>>321647947
>it had that nice old ps2 shooter feel to it that just felt so damn good
It was a clunky mess and it felt horrible. BLACK was on ps2 and it's infinitely better.
>>
>>321647947
>Shit taste
>Misuse of greentext
>Typing like a teenager
Put a noose around your neck and end yourself.
>>
>>321648224
>make me
>>
>>321648076
This.

Duke Forever was always doomed to be a half life knockoff from the very beginning. Nothing and I mean NOTHING should have ever let people think it was going to be a game in the vein of 3D.

Having said that. The duke forever that we got was a fun game just didn't bring anything new to the table so it was just painfully average.
>>
I bought the Balls of Steel edition on release, and don't regret it. Was it fantastic for the time it was released or the amount of time it took? Not really. Was it fun? Fuck yeah. Multiplayer was alright, and the single player had good moments (as well as bad.) All in all, I liked it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.