[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup anons.I want to start playing The Legend of Zelda series,but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 204x247
Sup anons.I want to start playing The Legend of Zelda series,but the problem is that I never played a game of this series.I just want to know what's the best game for a newbie in Zelda's universe.
>>
>>321644001
Ocarina of time
>>
Any, they're all made for children.
>>
>>321644001
Sweet Jesus, as in never once played one?

I'd say Ocarin Of Time, then Majora's Mask. Then never touch the series again apart from the portable ones.
>>
>>321645983
>ignoring link to the past
>>
Ocarina of Time, nigga
>>
>>321646069
Play it on a portable. Capcom did a good one on that.
>>
File: link.jpg (41 KB, 700x782) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
41 KB, 700x782
>>321644001
Ocarina of Time

I made the mistake of having my first Zelda experience with Wind waker.
And while it was still great I ruined my experience with OoT by already knowing the LoZ formula
>>
>>321646419
Look at that cute face and those ears. There's many good reasons people wanted a female Link, Linkle represents none of them.

My first was Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, then a slew of portable games.

Sadly by Wind Waker I was burned out. None of them seemed to have that blend of story and atmosphere Majora's Mask did.
>>
>>321644001
It literally makes no difference at all as none of the stories are connected.
>>
>>321645983
No love for wind waker?
>>
>>321646720
It felt too empty for me after having played these >>321646624 .

Worst thing Wind Waker did was make the bosses mind numbingly easy and add that counter button.
>>
>>321647020
Bosses in literally every 3D Zelda game are easy as shit. What?
>>
>>321647114
I remember playing Wind Waker the first time and finding them markedly easier.

Redundant point anyway as since Majora's Mask I've not enjoyed the series anywhere near as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_6rCN0jKNo
>>
>>321644001
Wind waker or the Gamecube collectors edition of Ocarina of Time would be great places to start, I think.
>>
>>321645983
Never ever. Old School FPS fan here.
>>
>>321644001
Start with Ocarina of Time. Then if you want to try a 2D one it should be A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening. From there play them in basically any order you want. Every game has its supporters and detractors.

The original is good to play at some point too just to see where it came from. I love the game myself but that's because I played it when it was new and I was a kid. It is frustratingly vague about where to go through most of the game so you really have to be extremely patient and persistent to beat it without a guide.
>>
>>321646069
OoT is basically lttp but in 3D.
>>321644001
Personally
>Links Awakening
Emulate, decent intro to the basics of the series without overkilling the Ganon/Zelda/Link story like every other fucking Zelda
>ocarina of time
Classic, basically the same story N repeats over and over but probably the best done in the series
>Majora's mask
Similar to OOT but completely different direction, the most rpg esque of all of them and extremely unique
>>
>>321648397
Majora's Mask is amazing, but I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone as their first Zelda game. It feels like it would be kind of weird to play it without having played Ocarina of Time first.

Personally, I think that Link's Awakening, Ocarina of Time, or A Link to the Past would be the best to start with.
>>
Choose either 2D or 3D then play in order:

2D
ALTTP
LA

3D
OOT
MM

The later ones are all mediocre-shit, can be ignored, and the earlier ones are classic NES or whatever so you can try those too if you like checking out a series' roots.
>>
I'm >>321648397
>>321649298
Sorry, that was meant to be a list/order of what to play, after that do whatever but I'd say that is the best way to get into the series (though I'm biased as fuck, haven't played TP or past it)
>>
>>321644001
Don't start with Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess or the DS ones.
Also, stay away from Zelda 1 and 2 from the NES until you've played the rest.

Aside from that, you can start from the one you want. I guess I'd recommend starting from OoT and MM, same as others, and then try some of the 2D ones. My favourites are Link's Awakening and the Oracles from GBC but you can try ALttP too.
>>
Links awakening is a good place to start.
>>
I'd start with ocarina of time then majoras mask.
After that maybe twilight princess or wind Waker?
Thrn I guess I'd play a link to the past and then a link between worlds
But that's just me reciting some of my faves
>>
>>321649780
That's some strong nostalgia anon, have you played the handheld ones?
>>
The correct order:

LttP/OoT
Link's Awakening/Majora's Mask
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Minish Cap
Oracle Games/Skyward Sword
Zelda 1/2

Don't worry about the DS games. They're trash
>>
>>321653626
Throw in Link Between Worlds after Twilight Princess
>>
Ocarina of time without a doubt.
>>
I started with Twilight Princess, and although it worked for me, as I became a fan of the series, I think the most logical first step is OoT.
>>
Zelda 1. It's the first game.
>>
>>321644001
Ocarina of time

if you are young and never grew up with any N64 games you might want to go with the 3DS remake just because the graphics don't look like ass. However if you are used to N64 style games just play the original.
>>
>>321644001
They're all fun in their own way sans Twilight Princess which is only fun if you are legitimately a cuckold, a beta furry, or don't cringe at a functionally useless female companion character who actually pushes the entire plot of TP on her own and you're just a shitty sidekick doing her bidding.

Also if you're going to play A Link Between Worlds, play it before A Link to the Past, cause A Link to the Past is actually better since nintendo dropped the ball on making A Link Between Worlds a comprehensive, decently long or moderately difficult game cause they assume their 3DS audience is primarily 6 year olds or something.
>>
>>321644001

Ocarina of Time

Majoras Mask

Then stop. It only gets worse from there.

2D Zeldas, Link to the Past and Link's Awakening
>>
File: 1392650107283.gif (3 MB, 260x150) Image search: [Google]
1392650107283.gif
3 MB, 260x150
>>321644001
Play most titles until Wind Waker

Everything after should be left untouched. All of them are shit.
>>
>>321644001
Start from the beginning.
>>
>>321644001
whatever you do DON'T do this>>321658019
>>
>>321644001
OP here.I tried to play OoT, but the graphics are so damn shitty.I give up.
>>
File: tips nintendo.jpg (57 KB, 479x484) Image search: [Google]
tips nintendo.jpg
57 KB, 479x484
>>321658354
>>
>>321658354
play the 3DS version or stop being an underaged faggot i don't really care which.
>>
>>321658654
Lol,I can't just play a game with 144p scenario.
>>
Actually,one time I played TLOZ 1.It's really cool,but a quite hard.
>>
>>321658950
>Lol
like i said stop being an underaged faggot. Ocarina of time is literally the greatest video game ever made but you are only bitching because the graphics are 20 years old.

if you care that much more about graphics than gameplay why don't you just go play the Order 1886?
>>
>>321659262
>Lol,I can't just play a game with 144p scenario.
>>
>>321659360
you realize repeating the same post twice won't make you any less of an underaged faggot right?

graphics don't matter just play the damn game kid.

>Lol
get that reddit shit out of here.
>>
>>321658950
n64 games ran at 240i and some supported 480i

theres no 144p about it
>>
Ocarina of time is good, buy try a link to the past or Minish cap, too.

Give both the 2D and 3D Zeldas a go
>>
>>321660724
he won't because he is too much of a faggot he will probably bitch about the graphics on the 2d zeldas as well.
>>
>>321644001
> all these underage kiddies saying OOT

OOT is utter shit compared to LTTP. The graphics, while good at the time, haven't held up to the test of time because of Nintendo's crappy textures. The game has maybe 1/2 the content of LTTP, and the 'story' is told by looping the same cutscene of 3 goddesses flying around over and over again. Since this is the time Nintendo started catering to 5 year olds, every character repeats itself like 6 times to you and there is no way to make the text faster.

OoT is also laughably easy, the only semi-challenge for an adult will be the water temple. If you're going to start with OoT you might as well start with Twilight Princess. You get more content and prettier graphics. The only argument against TP is:

> muh 'pacing'

A Link to the Past is where the Zelda series reached its peak. It's the definitive game you should play if you had to pick one. If you like it, then branch out to OoT (and prepare to be disappointed by how short the game is despite being on a more modern system) as well as Links Awakening and the NES games. Still hooked? Keep playing the handheld entries.

If you are so hooked after that and still need a Zelda fix, you can delve into Majora's Mask and Windwaker.
>>
>>321645983
any 90s kid who owned a ps1 instead of n64 probably never played a Zelda game
>>
>>321661612
>underage
OoT came out 17 years ago anon
>>
>>321661612

>>321619198
>>
>>321661612
> all these underage kiddies saying OOT
>OOT came out in 98
unless you were playing N64 in your mothers womb chances are no one who grew up with OOT underaged. You are just old, bitter, and bad at math.

LTTP isn't even the best 2D zelda there's no way in hell it holds up to OOT.
>>
It's not really a "series," it's more like one shitty game that got remade 20 times because idiot plebs keep buying ut.
>>
>>321662350
>It's not really a "series," it's more like one great game that got remade 20 times because idiot plebs keep buying it.

FTFY
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.