[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started pic related. Who did you romance and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: dragonage3.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonage3.jpg
321 KB, 1920x1080
Just started pic related. Who did you romance and why?
>>
>>321639317
I romanced better games because I'm not fucking retarded
>>
>>321639317
The game's only purpose is to make your sissy white male inquisitor get fucked by the bull.
>>
I've never heard why DA3 is bad. Just buzzwords like SJW and not DA:O. I haven't tried a Bioware game since I dropped Jade Empire, so I really want to know why games like ME1 are good and DA3 is bad.
>>
The dwarf scout girl relentlessly.
>>
>>321640831
It steers like shit, fights get real boring
>>
>>321639728
keked
>>
>>321640831
DA:I`s areas are filled with pointless side activities that have no impact whatsoever and they most of your playtime. It`s like a singleplayer MMO.
>>
The Spanish one then the one with the horns
>>
>>321641237
take most of your playtime*
>>
>>321640831
The game is one big singleplayer MMO. Side quests are too simple and shitty (go fetch me this etc) and you're encouraged to 100% the map which takes fucking forever and is repetitive.

Also the character models and animations are for the most part dogshit
>>
>>321640831
Combat is a meaningless chore, quest system is a single player MMO, story is not very interesting, villain is recycled from a DA2 DLC to the point where they bring that dwarf guy back to tell you who the fuck this guy is. And then when all that's said and done you get to the social justice cherry on top of the shit pie and you just think to yourself, this game is not very much fun at all.
>>
>>321640831
ME1 is well-written.

DA: I is trying too hard to be "le epic". Has shit and fuck ugly characters and their character arcs are laughable like that one guy whose father tried to cure homosexualism with blood magic. Not to mention whole game reeks of quality and is pretty much single-player MMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qJ2kiwwTMs
>>
File: seramasterrace.jpg (205 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
seramasterrace.jpg
205 KB, 1920x1080
Cassandra by default because everything else was even worse.
Feels good to be able to use this pic again.
>>
>>321640831
I'll point out few issues.

The first is combat, skills and overall balancing.
You have quite a lot of cool abilities flashy and shit and you can combo them. Sounds fine?

Too bad the game was balanced around using autoattacks and some of the crappier abilities. You can set up higher difficulty but the only thing it will change is that now you have to play around with combos otherwise the fights will take you months because of hp bloat.

Then you have controls. Single character is pretty okay and normal MMO like thing except of auto attacks which require you to hold the button but whatever. Controlling the team, their positioning etc. is a complete chore and once you'll get over trying out combos and realised the things mentioned in previous part you stop doing it because it's so much of a cancer. Your team members will quickly run out of your positions there are only 3 AI settings so there's no way to make your mage or overall squishier character to not rush the enemies or simply avoid close combat, nah he's either too passive or bumrushes.

At last there is content which reminds single player MMO. It wouldn't be that bad if you could just rush through the(mediocre) main questline and get over this shit, but nah, you have to "gain power" or whatever they called it to proceed at some points. Pure bullshit.

Graphically it's decent, outside of the fact that bioware sucks at making faces(which is weird because face gen isn't THAT bad) animations and the artstyle for armours is iffy and doesn't fit the rest of the game. Environments are pretty though.
>>
>>321641853
Is she a stripper? Why is she so oily?
>>
>>321639317
>Just started pic related. Who did you romance and why?

I romanced nobody because I quit before any romance could happen.
Its an above average game, but we got better ones this year. I may revise it if 2016 is poor, but right now in between my old favorites, and Bloodborne, Witcher 3, MGSV, Original Sin EE and various game of the week indies I pick up, I simply dont feel like going through all the busy work this game has in between the challenging mini boss fights and meaningful dialogues and interactions. Too much filler drowns what little killer content it has, and in a poor year I'd be fine with that, but not in 2015.
>>
File: Diverse-Dragon-Age-(3)[1].jpg (532 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Diverse-Dragon-Age-(3)[1].jpg
532 KB, 1920x1080
>>321641010
Let me guess, you also like Blizzard's Tracer.
>>
>>321640831
Well, when I started playing this I was pretty hyped. Of course, DA2 was a blunder, ME3 was mediocre (though I still had some fun with it) and TOR wasn't what I expected, but constant shitposting on /v/ kinda had opposite effect - it pulled me to this game. First few hours were nice - combat was simplified and pretty shitty, but exploration was kinda fun.

It was sometime later when I realized I'm just doing endless collection quests, fetchquests and other shit. It's like 10% is typical Bioware game with better or worse writing and some actual story, and 90% MMO garbage recycled from SWTOR.

Even after I unlocked some other areas and speed up th game by using glitch that made those "missions" you assign your commanders to be done instantly (because it's Facebook-tier waste of time) I found myself devoid of any motivation to continue. Just a thought that I would need to explore another generic biom was terrifing.

Not to mention that you have no way to create your own character. It's always "an epic hero" with good motivations and such.

SJW shit was actually fairly toned down as for BioWare game. (if you forget few trans characters...)
>>
File: cis guys.jpg (86 KB, 542x439) Image search: [Google]
cis guys.jpg
86 KB, 542x439
>>321642263
It was some bug with the engine, all the faces looked oily. I've seen it in Skyrim as well, with the nude bodies mods or something, dont recall. I think they fixed that with a patch, and all the images getting reposted are from before it.
>>
>>321642845
>i cheated to get instant easy resources and the game got boring

that tends to happen
>>
>>321643079
Oh yeah, because exiting current location every 10-20 mins to send them on another mission was so fucking fun.

Besides, when I looked for a way to cheat it I was already going to drop it if it wouldn't get good soon.

It didn't.
>>
>>321642851
>dye hair fucking blue
>surprised that people look at you
>>
File: elves in charge of art.png (395 KB, 806x353) Image search: [Google]
elves in charge of art.png
395 KB, 806x353
>>321643663
What if its natural, you insensitive fuck?
Also keep it vidya, this isnt /b/.
>>
>>321641330
>>321641903
>>321642845
thanks for the replies. I'll probably keep my stance on Bioware games and avoid them.
>>
>>321643663
not to mention that fucked up mouth
>>
>>321639728
/thread
>>
>>321643663

I am pretty surprise about the things people ignore on the street these days. Once I saw a duck near a train station in the city and no one gives a fuck. I took a photo and send it to a friend, the friend didn't give a fuck either.
>>
>>321645396
People try to act mature, and that involves pretending you don't want to pet the duck. Their loss.
>>
>>321639317
With Yennefer. Why?
>>
>>321642851
maybe theyre wondering if cletus is your dad or your uncle you slackjawed hillbilly
>>
i romanced uninstall wizard
>>
>>321639317
>Who did you romance and why?

ayy videogames :^)
>>
>>321645909
Just wondering. I'm digging Cassandra so far. /v/ doesn't seem to like it much though.
>>
>>321645396
Exactly how sheltered was your upbringing that you get excited at seeing a duck, Anon?
>>
>>321646168
Not him, but is it okay if I'm markedly happier when I get to see a cat, dog, or rabbit?
>>
>>321646168
Fuck off ducks are the shit and you don't see them that often if you live in a fucking city.
>>
>>321646336
I was about to say that, but then a lot of cities are built near rivers so I pondered the chance of seeing a duck.
>>
>>321646336
Ducks are sweet as fuck Anon but I pity you if your cities don't have them. Move to Holland I guess.
>>
>>321646434
There's also ponds and canals. I guess it depends on the individual city.
>>
>>321641769
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qJ2kiwwTMs
Holy shit, what's the context of this? High school musical?
>>
File: 2428319788_5c25d1429f_o[1].jpg (575 KB, 1527x1092) Image search: [Google]
2428319788_5c25d1429f_o[1].jpg
575 KB, 1527x1092
>>321646446
>>321646521

> go feed ducks at pond with younger brother
> this mother fucker comes along

Haven't liked those fuckers since.

DA: I is £11 on origin and I can't be arsed with that for minimal character interaction and padding. I hear tactics have been removed?
>>
>>321646590
main story plot point, the main character survives an avalanche and comes back crawling in the snow, passes out when he reaches the rest of the inquisigays that retreated
when he wakes up you have a speech packed with wooden spirituality and then the whole camp starts singing
>>
>>321646434
>>321646446
I live in prague, big ass river going through the middle of the city, but unless you are right there next to the water you don't see them often anywhere else in the city. Just the fat pigeon rats are everywhere.
>>
So is this shit worth $30 for the all inclusive goty edition if I already played all of this year's games I am interested in? (GTA V, Witcher 3, JC3, MGSV, just to name the most important ones)
>>
>>321646960
no
>>
File: 134978891.gif (2 MB, 300x209) Image search: [Google]
134978891.gif
2 MB, 300x209
>>321639317
No one because every single girl in this game is ugly as fuck. Only Morrigan still looks good, but you can't romance her (would be funny if you could cuck your previous character).

If you're playing a female then Solas or Blackwall are solid, I guess.
>>
>>321646897
Okay, thanks, I'm convinced about not playing DA:I. Just from that scene.
>>
>>321647735
There's plenty more to cringe at, dialogues and character interactions are on ME3 : Citadel's level
>>
>>321639317
this game was garbage I threw it out instead of trading it in because I didnt want anyone else to suffer like I had to.
>>
>>321639317
Solas, because he was shady as fuck
>>
File: well-memed.jpg (63 KB, 680x583) Image search: [Google]
well-memed.jpg
63 KB, 680x583
>>321639728
>>
>>321646912
In my city you can also see ducks in the river but its from the bridge above.Though there were always ducks in our zoo and you could go pretty close to them
>>
>>321647852
I wonder if there's any payoff for Bioware to appeal to that whatever audience they're trying to appeal to. Was it worth it?
>>
>>321649350
They pander to people that dont buy games but their games are still good so other people buy them
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.