[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/, the main complaint about pic related is the bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 485x303
Alright /v/, the main complaint about pic related is the bad fighting system, so what should it have had? Another Arkham system? Souls? Rhythm? No fights? Fucking what
>>
File: batman combat.webm (3 MB, 896x504) Image search: [Google]
batman combat.webm
3 MB, 896x504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1qUmHAf0c
>>
>>321639087
Dragons dogma

/thread
>>
A good fighting system
>>
>>321640838
Yup, this.
>>
>>321640838
>>321641007
you guys are quickly rivalling dark souls for most autistic fanbase on /v/
>>
>>321639087
More like W2.
Or they could have used the exact same as W2 without a single change but spend more time on the open world and locations which are extremely dissapointing.
>>
>>321640761
Wow, isn't it weird how all of these videos are in fights that only have the basic enemy?

That's not cherry picking or anything.
>>
>>321641214
>wanting more of TW2's shitty combat

jesus...
>>
>>321639087
just add some depth to it...

Honestly it's not that hard to sit around and think about the depths of combat mechanics. Arkham style was great initially but it is sort of a gimmick. Souls plays slow and clunky which suits the game, bloodborne plays smoother in alot of ways.

They could have kept it flowing, but the issue with the fighting was that you never felt any impact. Your character just slid around, they just needed to put more weight behind things. It was in a terrible spot between heavy strong hits and fast paced dodge parry combat (like a platinum game). So your character just felt neutered.
>>
>>321641549
>Honestly it's not that hard to sit around and think about the depths of combat mechanics.

says the guy who has never developed any combat system whatsoever in his life
but he's played dark souls! so he must know what he's talking about!
>>
>>321640838
This desu. You can't /thread your own comment tho.

>>321641182
>thread about fight mechanics
>not mentioning the best two examples
Souls and Dragon's Dogma are simply that good.
>>
>>321641651
>All this CDProjekt apologist angst
>>
Actual combos instead of two separate attack buttons would have been better. But not just mindless combos to look pretty either. Have them have minor things like hitting a larger area or knocking an enemy down or disarming them temporarily
>>
File: 507px-Cicero1.png (429 KB, 507x600) Image search: [Google]
507px-Cicero1.png
429 KB, 507x600
>>321640838
This
It fits with the Witcher setting too
>>
>>321639087
Change nothing. It's good as it is.
Just add more giant monsters and exploration.
>>
I think the fighting system would be fine if they just took out the acrobatics, and make the parry either actually responsive or just take it out altogether because it's pretty much just bait to get hit how it is.

When you fast attack you never know if he's going to actually perform a fast attack like you want, or do some twirls that only serve to get you blown up. The dodging system generally works very well as an actual dodge and not a roll-way-far-away like most dodging systems.
>>
>>321642462
>too retarded to parry
>omg it's so unresponsive
>>
>>321640761
gothic's gameplay is trash. it is worse than witcher 1.
>>
File: MH GLORIOUS.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MH GLORIOUS.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>321639087
>>
File: ds fans.png (671 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ds fans.png
671 KB, 1920x1080
>>321641182
i call bullshit on that
>>
I really enjoy the brewing aspect (super comfy in W1) and the signs but the combat itself just feels clunky
The Errdin fight wasn't as good as it could have been, no grand dance of pirouettes
The Olgisrd fight was great in that they played to their strengths
>>
File: 1317531103892.jpg (21 KB, 206x235) Image search: [Google]
1317531103892.jpg
21 KB, 206x235
Witcher fans are absolutely delusional, to think that the combat in any of the series title is anywhere to being good.
The weapon limitation alone makes it unbearable, adding the retarded acrobatics and parrying system just makes it look for what it is, a flashy but mediocre combat system.
>>
File: GreatSwordWitcher.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GreatSwordWitcher.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>321639087
bring the combat of the first game back
>>
>>321642507
The timing on it makes it only useful in 1 on 1 situations because it can't be engaged right as you're about to get hit; it is on an unusual delay, which causes you to early commit to it and get hit by another mob. You're better off dodging in most situations.
>>
>>321642796
too bad you can't turn off the skull icon for enemies too high for your level so you can shitpost better
>>
>>321642796
this

But mainly, bring back stances
>>
>>321642929
anon, you basically just complained that you can't magically parry 5 guys at once
>>
>>321642586
Are there people who really consider Monster Hunter's combat good, or is it just /v/ shitting?
>>
>>321641389
>orc
>basic enemy

Ahahahaha. Gothic is low fantasy nigger, fighting an orc as what is basically a commoner is a fucking death sentence.
>>
Give human enemies more tools, and attacks
More variations of attacks for big and flying creatures
Drop the RPG aspect of the game and just have a baseline action game instead so we don't get shit like>>321642796

Done. The repetitiveness of seeing the same fucking animations/attacks from a Chort to a Howler or a Griffin to a Basilisk is annoying as fuck.
>>
File: MONHUN.webm (3 MB, 960x576) Image search: [Google]
MONHUN.webm
3 MB, 960x576
>>321643080
you tell me
>>
>>321642929
>enemies actually attack you together instead of going one at a time
>"it's too hard!"
tw3 is the only game that does pack mentality right
>>
>>321643058
No, my complaint is that if you're fighting 5 guys, parrying any of them at any time is a hazard because of the system working on a delay. Dodging is not on a similar delay, and thus becomes a superior move in all situations -- which makes for a less interesting combat system.
>>
File: GreatSwordWitcher2.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
GreatSwordWitcher2.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>321642937
>too high for your level
>can stun lock then
nice game design right there
>>
Honestly my dream combat system for it would be something like a mashup of what they have now and Metal Gear Rising. I think Rising meshes well because it's also heavily focused on swords, and it could be toned down to not look out of place for Geralt/the Witcher setting without losing what makes it good.

>Keep the two dodges of TW3, but give some limited iframes on the step dodge
>Just steal the parry mechanics from Rising entirely and scrap the current Witcher ones
>More or less everything should be parryable like in Rising, with clear indications for the stuff that isn't
>Light and heavy attacks can be combos that work pretty much like Rising's, but the animations should suit Geralt's pirouettes and general fighting style
>Signs and items should be able to be worked into combos
>Enemy movesets should be more differentiated, with less reused patterns for enemies of similar types

In general I think CDPR would benefit from hiring more talented combat designers to deal with their fighting systems. They're very good at questing and shit, but not great at combat.

I still found TW3's combat to be enjoyable enough, and it's by far the best combat CDPR has ever done. It's not amazing, but it's decent fun and shits all over TW1 and TW2 combat. I think it maybe gets more hate than it deserves.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.