[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"The Hoonter should hoont Beasts. Leave the hoonting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: eileen.jpg (206 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
eileen.jpg
206 KB, 468x468
>"The Hoonter should hoont Beasts. Leave the hoonting of Hoonters, to me."

What did she mean by this?
>>
She was speaking Ebonics.
>>
>>321638140
Hunters should hunt beasts. She hunts other hunters who have become beasts. AKA Mind your own business and stop killing other hunters, that's my job.
>>
She was mistaken. She thought you were the "Hoonter", when you were actually the "Hunter".

The Hoonter was another person who had been going around killing creatures called "Hoonters" (No relation to Hoonter), and she had a bone to pick.

Or should I say, an Old Hunter's Bone to rub and be granted quickened dodging and rolling after being found in the Abandoned Workshop, the location the Hunter's Dream is based off of and ruled by the Moon Presence.
>>
>>321638140
to suck her massive cow tits.
>>
>>321638837
>sucking old hag tits
>>
>>321638140
What it means is that Bloodborne lost GOTY to TW3 at the 2015 VGAs and there's nothing you can do about it, faggots, didn't even win a single award. Eat it, you stupid fanboys! HAHAHAH!
>>
>>321639052
haha epin desu
>>
>>321638903
delete this
>>
Is this game worth getting if I dislike Souls for slow combat?
>>
>>321639949
Yes. It's so fast that playing a Souls game again feels like playing in slow motion. Keep in mind that if you don't like souls combat mechanics, you may not like them in Bloodborne since it's pretty similar in some aspects.
>>
>there are people ITT who aren't sworn Hunters of Hunters
Yharnam is in dire need of a purge. The healing church, the Menses, the Great Ones, Gehrman, Maria, they've all gotta go. Sounds like a job for the HoH to me
>>
>>321640335
>being an edgy faggot
>not pledging allegiance to the confederate

AWAY AWAY
>>
>>321640541
>confederates
>not edgy
Confederates are 1000% more blood-drunk than anyone else, their item descriptions even tell you that their quest places them on the fast track to going blood-addled, and that their spirit of jolly coop is just an excuse that they use to make themselves feel better. The HoH will be visiting them all, shortly

>THE NIGHT B R I M S WITH THE DEFILED SCUM, AND THE AIR IS PERMEATED BY THEIR ROTTEN STENCH! JUST THINK, NOW YOU'RE SET TO HUNT! AND KILL! TO YOUR HEARTS CONTENT!
>>
>>321639949
Bloodborne is far easier and faster than any Souls game besides Dark Souls II, so yes.
>>
>>321640335
I pledged for the bonus stamina regeneration. I never felt compelled to take it off. Didn't seem to do anything offline, though.
>>
>>321640936
>easier
nah, the only time the souls series even approaches BB difficulty is DaSII's bullshit tracking enemies.
>>
>>321640887
>faggots who kill other humans
>less edgy than nobles who are ridding the world from filthy vermins

>>321640936
>Bloodborne is far easier
No it's not. It's the hardest or at least the second hardest after Dark Souls.
>>
>>321641390
>blood-addled degenerates
>not requiring purging
>not a deadly threat to themselves and others

You sound like the kind of retard that takes in a rabid dog because it's cute, even though it will kill you
>>
>>321641604
>kills other fellow hunters
>calls other blood-addled
>>
>>321638140
>What did she mean by this?
What did he meme by this?
>>
>>321641241
>>321641390
You can literally dodge spam and cheese your way out of anything. No carry weight makes every build somewhat viable and high skill builds require only R1 spam. This on top of the fact you heal off of hits and get estus flask x20 that you can use while moving. It's easier, just because it's faster paced does not mean that it is hard.
>>
she meant that people with the undead curse will go hollow and that when they do, she will hoont you down
>>
>>321641995
>You can literally dodge spam and cheese your way out of anything
So just like any Souls game. Oh and if you're not good at dodging you can just use a shield and never bother getting good or just tank everything with poise.

>No carry weight makes every build somewhat viable
I don't get what you're complaining about here.

>high skill builds require only R1 spam
I like this meme. So how would you descripe playing the other Souls games?

>This on top of the fact you heal off of hits
It's a good design decision that serves to intensify the player to be more offensive. It's a doulple edged sword -- to pull back and waste you vials or to attack and risk getting caught in an enemy's compo.

>get estus flask x20 that you can use while moving
1. Unlike flasks they can't be leveled up so no matter how much health you have, they always heal around 35% of your health.
2.You can be parried while healing.
3. Bloodborne enemies are much faster and more lethal than Souls enemies. Most of the deaths are either from being caught in a fast enemy compo, or healing at the wrong time. So either way the fast healing don't do jack shit when your enemies can still fuck you up faster than you can heal.

>just because it's faster paced does not mean that it is hard.
Who said that's why it's hard?
It's harder because you can't use a shield, you can't poise tank, you can't cheese the game with with range attacks, it has much faster enemies and bosses therefore harder to dodge, bosses that have multiple phases and can kill you in one hit, and more.
>>
>>321639949
>It's so fast that playing a Souls game again feels like playing in slow motion.
I feel the same way especially with DaS1. I could go back to DeS because its actually a bit fast though. Level design in DeS makes it seem faster than it should be, but that's a good thing.
>>
>>321640335
>Not picking Milkweed

It's like you don't wanna be whacky inflatale arm flailing tube man
>>
never played Bloodborne, from reading this it looks like Dark Souls without shields, faster, and about dodging, less like Zelda 2 on NES and more like a cuhrayzee game like Bayonetta or DMC.
>>
Hey guys.

Playing Bloodborne for the first time.

Are the Powder Kegs a joinable faction/covenant?

I keep hearing about them, and they seem like cool duders.
>>
>>321643435
Pretty much, yeah.

Some of the fights in this game, with all the rapid dodging and flying around make it feel like you're in some edgy anime.
>>
>>321643435
It's its own thing, somewhere inbetween. Still faster and crazier than Onimusha or DMC1, but not nearly on the level of DMC3 or Bayonetta. But still better than Grasshopper's 3rd person Beat-Em-Ups.

Well worth playing. Very good game.
>>
>An ancient evil awakens
>>
>>321642943
+1
>>
>>321643227
In DeS, even Guts swords are fast. It's glorious.
>>
Is there a picture of her without the plague mask?
>>
>>321643442
Nope. They dead. You can use their weapons and shit though
>>
>>321643752
>An ancient evil awakens, or not, or is born, or is killed, or is fucking shit up before it is born, or after it is killed, and may not be evil
>>
>>321642943
You fail to see that dodging is far easier to spam in BB. You can roll with virtually 0 Stamina and you literally always have a fast enough recovery to do it again, which is why the absence of carry weight is a design flaw. I'm not making a crack at gameplay by saying R1 is the only button you need to press but rather that high skill builds can stagger weaker enemies and dodge spam to cheese almost any fight.
Healing off of hits is not a good design decision. It allows you to play stupid without much risk and only makes enemies that hit for significant damage remotely challenging. You can't justify the health restoring hits, it simply makes the game significantly easier.
Like the health restoring hits there is no excuse for being able to carry around 20 blood vials. It simply makes the game easier like the hits. And saying "all bosses" or "all enemies" are faster/harder is just stupid. There are slow enemies as there are fast ones in both games. BB enemies tend to be faster because the game is meant to be fast paced, so saying that makes it harder is, again, pretty stupid. Also, more lethal? That's a pretty fucking hard sell.

Sure, the absence of shields and poise tanking make the game seem less easy to cheese, but BB can be cheesed just as easily with a Hunter's Axe. Different methods but same results. And the absence of range? Are you kidding? You can cheese many fights with the cannon or high BT and the evelyn pistol.
Also, bosses can one hit you ONLY in BB? There aren't many bosses at all that can one shot you with an attack that isn't easy as all fuck to dodge. It's far more common to be one shot in DaS.

I'm not saying that BB is a bad game at all, I've played through it many times, but to say it's as hard as Dark Souls? Clearly you have not played enough Dark Souls.
>>
LEAVE SAURON TO ME!
>>
>>321644972
>You fail to see that dodging is far easier to spam in BB.
and you fail to see that no matter how much you dodge, dodging is not going to give you infinite i-frames. You are still going to get fucked up if you dodge at the wrong time, and you are guaranteed to get hit if you mashed circle instead of timing it correctly.

>which is why the absence of carry weight is a design flaw
No, it's not. They wanted to make a fast based game. Carry weight wold have conflicted with what they were going for. They would have to change the whole game to accommodate for a slow based play style. Do you think that a player with a fat roll would be able to have a good experience with the game or even complete it as it is? They would probably need to also add shield to accommodate to this slower play style which will basically make Bloodborne just another Souls game.

>high skill builds can stagger weaker enemies and dodge spam to cheese almost any fight
The same can be said about any Souls game with the right technique. Besides, only weaker enemies can be staggered that easily. Stronger enemies usually recover fast, and even if they get staggered easily they usually have more hp than you can finish in one R1 mushing combo.

>Healing off of hits is not a good design decision
It precisely served its purpose. I only noticed how much my play style changed because of Bloodbrne after recently playing SotFS. I found myself being very aggressive especially right after being hit. Before Bloodborne, in Souls game, whenever I got hit, I would had just retreated to a safe distance and healed, but after Bloodborne, I found myself getting more aggressive whenever I got hit. I also stopped using shields and found them cumbersome but that's a different topic.
>>
BIG

SAGGY

CROW HUNTER

TITS
>>
>>321640541
How is that edgy? Like at all?
>>
>>321642943
>just like any souls game

Wrong, stamina consumption and regen is barely a mechanic in BB
>>
>>321644972
>It allows you to play stupid without much risk and only makes enemies that hit for significant damage remotely challenging.
It just gives the player the choice. It's risk and reward.
The risk is being hit again and losing even more health or even get killed.

>You can't justify the health restoring hits, it simply makes the game significantly easier.
No, it really doesn't. the time window for regaining your health is very short.
And, I don't see haw it makes the game easier, when the alternative in the Souls games -which you can also do in Bloodborne- is distancing yourself from the enemy until you're far out of his reach, healing, and then go back to fight him.

>BB can be cheesed just as easily with a Hunter's Axe
How is a simple weapon cheesing? Very similar weapons exist in Souls games so what's your point here.

>You can cheese many fights with the cannon or high BT and the evelyn pistol.
Are you implying that getting the stats and upgrading the weapons for this build to the amount of damage required to cheese the game is as easy and as convenient as using a bow or spell in Souls games?

>Also, bosses can one hit you ONLY in BB? There aren't many bosses at all that can one shot you with an attack that isn't easy as all fuck to dodge. It's far more common to be one shot in DaS.
It really not. And those bosses sure as fuck not as early in the game as those Souls bosses.

>but to say it's as hard as Dark Souls? Clearly you have not played enough Dark Souls.
I have plat'd all the Souls games, I spent hundreds of hours in every Souls game and made countless builds. I'm pretty sure I played enough Dark Souls.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.