[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this for my first build? I already have the tower and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: main.jpg (74 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
74 KB, 600x580
How is this for my first build?
I already have the tower and CPU, got them for Christmas.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jDd9Vn
>Does this thread belong on /g/ instead of here?
>>
it's alright.

- go for i5-6600 (LGA 1151)
- motherboard some h170 (if you don't care about overclocking) or z170 (if you wanna overclock later)
- buy the ram as a paired 16 mb kit (2x8); this avoids some ram related errors.

otherwise looks fine, you should consider getting an SSD as your OS drive though. it's a major upgrade. samsung EVO 850 @ 250 gb is good.
>>
>>321637180
Looks pretty much perfect if you ask me.
Some people will try to persuade you to get DDR4 RAM and fitting mobos, also meaning newer CPUs, but none of that really matters. By the time the 4th gen Intel series becomes obsolete, there'll be a totally new family of CPUs around.
>>
>>321637180
That's pretty good but,
>buying windows
>>
File: specs.png (49 KB, 963x679) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
49 KB, 963x679
Fried my previous PC because of constant power outages and fluctuations.

Got a new mobo, CPU, RAM, PSU.

Did I do good? It's a budget build compared to my old one.
>AMD Phenom II X4 925
>4GB RAM
>Raptor 500W HEC PSU
>MSI-745 (I think)

pic related is my new PC
>>
>>321639108
it's alright. Will do for now.
AMD's components are much more prone to heating, and ironically also less resistant to temperature.

upgrade to i5 or i7 later on, and to Nvidia GPU at some point
>>
>>321638576
>video games
>on linux or mac
>>
File: file.png (47 KB, 585x506) Image search: [Google]
file.png
47 KB, 585x506
month old build, didnt wanted to go for ddr4, seemed overpriced

>>321639108
>i3
at least you will be able to run ps3 ports , if you ahve the cash, go for i5k
>>
Ausfag here, will this be okay for awhile? Already have an SSD and HD and plan on using my old R9270x for now until I can maybe afford something better.

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/FPfdBm
>>
>>321638576

Can you pirate win 10 yet?
>>
>>321640671
>>321641123
opted for the i3 since it was the best I could afford and an upgrade to my old CPU which was actually holding my performance levels back.

I got increased framerates across the board even with my old 7850.

Actually wanted to buy an ATX mobo but was short on cash, so I got the mATX one.

Which mobo would you recommend or you reckon I keep my mobo?
>>
>>321637180

>buying windows

You could take that money and put it towards a GTX 980 or a better quality PSU though that one you have is fine regardless.
>>
>>321637180

>bought some parts just two days ago
>everything equivalent was twice the fucking price

I hate my country
>>
>>321637180
no because ugly pkucks think you can get a PC for 100 quid brand new with everything included and beat console hardware on a slav budget
>>
>>321638576

Out of all of the things you absolutely should buy, it should be an OS. Do you really want to have sketchy code running at such a low level?

You can get a Windows licence for $20-30 if you look hard enough. That's nothing to not have to worry about being part of a literal Chinese botnet.
>>
>>321641830
Since day 1
>>
>>321641220

Anyone? Anything I'm doing wrong or should change?
>>
File: specs.png (36 KB, 665x479) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
36 KB, 665x479
>>321641220
can't tell how those prices are because the prices for au are inflated. but the parts seem fine. just built this for myself last week for $350 minus the 660ti and hdd i already had.
>>
>>321637180
I don't think it belongs on /g/. It already has too many of these threads.
>>
Hey /v/, it's getting pretty hot here in the southern hemisphere and fans are getting a bit loud. I've never cleaned my PC, where do I start? Should I get one of these http://www.amazon.com/b?node=3012916011, open the case and spray? Any good tutorials? Currently checking temperature with EVGA PrecisionX and it doesn't exceed 42 °C
>>
>>321644770

If you got a Z170 board instead, you could overclock that CPU. Do that. Save for an aftermarket cooler down the road and OC the shit out of that processor.

The Enthoo Pro is a great case, but you could save some cash by going with the Fractal Define S, which is also a fucking amazing case. Only thing it doesnt have is a 5.25" bay.
>>
sweet I was just shopping for some stuff. I have an amd r9 270 card and want to hook I up to my laptop with this
http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html

how large of a power supply would I need? according to the internet it has a max consumption of 280w

>I know this is gimped but check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP_8EYQ-2RA
>>
budget build here
GTX 960 2GB SSC EVGA $190
i3 4130 (Recycled)
12 GB RAM (4GB is recycled, 8GB is $35)
SanDisk SSD (Sale for $60)
4 recycled HDDs (adds up to about 1.5 TB)
EVGA 600B PSU on sale for $24
Source 210 $50
MSI H81M-P33 Motherboard $48
DVD-RW drive (Recycled)

Probably gonna regret the motherboard, but it only costed me about $400 and it's worth around $650
>>
>>321647171
>i3 4130
you're going to regret that process which will be bottle necking that 960
>>
>>321647549
>Recycled
That i3 with 3.4ghz doesn't seem to be that much of a bottleneck, and even if it is, it's not permanent.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.