[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game starts out with main character having all powers/abilities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 185x273) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 185x273
>Game starts out with main character having all powers/abilities maxed out

>Something happens and you loose them all.

>Game makes you grind side missions and progress through the story to get them back

Who's the biggest offender?
>>
>>321636352

Why is this a bad thing?
>>
Was Metroid the first ever example of this?
>>
>>321636352
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
>>
>>321636352
I can't remember, did Darksiders do this?
>>
Prototype comes to mind
>>
>>321636352
Fuck, I know I've played a few games that do this but for the life of me cant remember them.

pretty sure the ps2 era had a bunch
>>
The term you're looking for is "abilitease".
>>
>>321636693
Yes

Also first assasin
>>
Need for Speed: Most Wanted on PS2

But it was good in that. You receive your original car back but then your surpass it.
>>
>>321636693
You start with powers and you lose them, but you get them back during the story. No side missions.
>>
Shadow Hearts 2: Convenant
>>
>>321636560
Metroid didn't do it before Prime.
>>
>>321636749
Prototype, Darksiders, God of War
>>
>>321636893
Well in Fusion you lose all your power-ups but you never get to play with before.
>>
>>321636352
At least that one can be injected into the story.
The more lazy version is when you start the game later in the timeline, and the whole gameplay is a big flashback to the times you didn't have all your powers.
>>
>>321636965
Wasn't Fusion and Prime 1 released at the same time?
Regardless, yes, since you don't get to play with your powerful self at the beginning, it doesn't really count.
>>
>>321636352
Makai Kingdom
>>
>>321636352
God of War
>>
>>321636352
>Game starts in a scene from the end of the story
>No particular upgrades or skills
>Newb your way through the stage
>Time line jumps back to the beginning
>Progress through story
>Reach the scene from the first stage
>Same enemies, same everything
>You, the player, is the only difference
>Pro your way through the stage
>>
>>321637245
The Hobbit?
>>
>>321636893
This shit was the worst in Prime because it sucked the sense of discovery right out of the game.
>>
>>321636837
This that car was shit once you got it
>>
>>321637235
Every fucking god of War game did this
>>
>>321636703
You don't have all the abilities at the start. You end up surpassing that later in the game which is neat.
>>
EVERY SINGLE FUCKIN MAPLESTORY CHARACTER
>>
>>321637037
fucking sly cooper
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.