[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait They use Boston, New York, some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: ac.jpg (75 KB, 811x364) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
75 KB, 811x364
Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait Wait

They use Boston, New York, some Caribbean islands, Paris, London, New York again and some bumfuck glaciers somewhere in Canada for the major big-budget games, but INDIA, RUSSIA and most of all FUCKING CHINA are just these 2.5 platforming afterthoughts?

Are you fucking kidding me with this shit? Is Ubisoft intentionally trying to piss everyone off and not only give us less interesting locations, but metaphorically spit in our faces by making these little games?

Is it just "making a new game in these interesting settings would require lots of new assets rather than reusing the same ones and a lot of work, so were not going to do it. But here we'll make them into little platforming pieces of shit so we can say we did it and never be bothered again"

Fuck Ubisoft. Seriously, fuck them to fucking hell
>>
File: Shao_Jun_SS_v.png (224 KB, 680x671) Image search: [Google]
Shao_Jun_SS_v.png
224 KB, 680x671
>hurr asscreed is shit anyway
Maybe because they keep doing the same fucking shit. They changed it a little with 4 and everyone loves that. When they introduced Shao Jun and her foot blades, it could have been a chance to not only go to an incredibly new and exciting place, but revamp the combat system. But nooooope. Making something good is too hard for them
>>
Audience doesn't give a shit about cultures that aren't their own or directly related to their own, most likely because of the eurocentric history you're taught in school. Basically the setting is designed to sell, so if you're making a historical game you're gonna want to base it around western history. See: total war series, for the most part
>>
>>321634613
>expecting ubisoft to make smart decisions

They made Forgoten sands anon
you should know better
>>
>>321634754
oh yeah because no one bought the games based in western locations like Syria, Israel and Turkey.

Even Bloodlines, set in Cyprus, was still an ok game and not just some shitty 2d platformer

But yeah, like games like Sleeping Dogs, Yakuza, Metal Gear Solid 3, Ninja Gaiden etc have shown us, no one in the west is interested in eastern settings like Hong Kong, Russia, or Japan.
>>
File: 2980051095_28df8aeb2f_o.jpg (419 KB, 752x1024) Image search: [Google]
2980051095_28df8aeb2f_o.jpg
419 KB, 752x1024
PoP when
>>
>>321634915
it just hurts

i wanted them to make a big game in china and i thought they would after introducing jun. it was a perfect premise. they could even have their fem lead to showoff to sjws yet not be as dry a character as the girls in liberation and syndicate

speaking of which yeah i forgot to add new orleans to the list
>>
nope, im not letting this go
>>
That Indian dude looks like he could from Syria like Altair as opposed to India. South East Asian don't look like that unless you won't in Bollywood.
I know because I'm Bengali.
>>
>>321635736
*you work
Fucking hell
>>
My guess is that they're waiting for the sales to drop significantly before switching to an Eastern setting because they know it'll renew a lot of people's interest
>>
What's the setting after Syndicate going to be?
>>
>>321635927
probably fucking dublin or south carolina or some shit
>>
why does ubisoft have like 30 different divisions holy shit
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.