[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the living fuck does the PC port of Dragon's Dogma recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: dragons-dogma.png (39 KB, 615x438) Image search: [Google]
dragons-dogma.png
39 KB, 615x438
Why the living fuck does the PC port of Dragon's Dogma recommend an i7-4770K? That's something ridiculous like an order of magnitude faster than the 360 processor.
>>
File: 1449044980082.png (69 KB, 329x362) Image search: [Google]
1449044980082.png
69 KB, 329x362
I can run it.
>>
AMD is fucking garbage. Everything they make is absolutely, objectively crappy as shit and only a fat neckbeard would buy this shit-tier crappy shit because he's afraid of running out of autismbux (because God forbid he spend less money on Taco Bell and Mountain Dew.) I tried building an AMD gaming rig once and it was the worst experience of my life. First off, that CPU clip is fucking impossible to use. It looks just like an old Pentium CPU clip, but it's autistically retarded and I couldn't deal with it. And the graphics card was so fucking huge, I had to cut a hole all the way around my case to fit it in. Fucking AMD.

But wait, that's not even the best part! When I tried to start up my shitty autismbox (which I sold to the Association of Retarded Citizens BTW) the absolutely massive power draw dimmed every light in my house and throughout the entire neighborhood like I was firing up fucking ENIAC in the 1920s or some bullshit. I had plenty of time to worry about my power bill too, because this shitty thing couldn't figure out which of its 32 CPU cores to use and it took half a day to boot. As soon as I tried to play a game (fucking Starcraft from 1998), it lagged so hard it went backwards. I thought I should try downloading a driver, but there aren't any. There are no fucking drivers. What the shit, AMD? No wonder Apple doesn't use your shit. It wasn't long after that that I realized this thing was putting out more heat than a goddamn jet engine and it burned my house down.

Two weeks later, when I sold that piece of shit, I built an Intel/Nvidia rig! Holy shit, it's like jacking into the Matrix! I built it 5 years ago and it still runs every game in 4K at 240 FPS while using no power and it actually cools my house during the summer. What a beautiful machine, I seriously hope none of you are poor and stupid enough to buy AMD.
>>
>>321631537
A fucking 5 year old PC should be able to run it in in 1080p at 60fps. It's a fucking 360 game! What the actual fuck are they using the processor for?
>>
>>321631647

Cpus are always blown over in requirements
>>
>>321631710
Sure, but not to this extent.

I mean, even fucking Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3 and Assassin's Creed Syndicate "only" recommend an i7-3770
>>
OH GOD PLEASE NO.
I ONLY HAVE AN i3 PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME
>>
I hope for Capcom's sake it's mining Bitcoins in the background or some shit

>>321632021
That's only ~4x faster as the 360 processor.
>>
The recommend specs are for 4K/60 fps on highest settings
>>
>>321632241
It still shouldn't be remotely taxing an i7 Haswell m8, which is something like 5x faster the next-gen consoles. Shit generally isn't CPU-bound.
>>
>just now catching on that Intel is bribing publishers/developers to list outlandish specs

I wouldn't be surprised if soon iOS "game" ports are recommended to have an i7 and 980ti
>>
Just wait till it's out and see what kind of performance actual players get. Most times they just exaggerate.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>321631458
>i7 4790k or AMD equivalent
>AMD equivalent
>>
>>321632392
That's because of the an i5 would bottle neck the gpu at thay resolution you fucking half witt
>>
Are recommended specs not normally the highest settings anyway? Half the games I play say to use better specs but I can still play the game no problem.
>>
File: gutsnspeccy.jpg (510 KB, 1990x1280) Image search: [Google]
gutsnspeccy.jpg
510 KB, 1990x1280
I hope I can run it with decent settings.
>>
It's bullshit,most games don't even max out my old CPU, Q9450 OCed to 3.1GHz, a 7 year old CPU.
>>
>>321631458
Because retards believe that system requirements on Steam are real and the fat jew get money from the hardware manufacturers.
>>
It's probably the same as MGRR where the requirements are ridiculous but the port runs on much worse hardware.
>>
no one really looks at requirements anymore

you def wont need an i7

idk why but jap games in particularly recently seem to have done these weird requirements with their games
>>
>>321631458
>Why the living fuck does the PC port of Dragon's Dogma recommend an i7-4770K?

to sell cpus

ground zeroes/tpp "need an i7" too
>>
>>321631458
Remember Phantom Pain? Probably not, anyway, the recommended specs were very high as well, but a toaster could run it with no problems
>>
>>321631458
>I'm retarded because I don't understand how low-level console APIs scale differently than PC APIs
>hurr durr derpy dee
>>
>>321633443
I could max out GZ on my HTPC that had an FX-6350 and a GTX 560 ti at the time

system requirements are bullshit
>>
who's porting it?? god help us if they gave it to capcom vancouver.
>>
File: 1390252496164.png (152 KB, 408x818) Image search: [Google]
1390252496164.png
152 KB, 408x818
>>
>>321631458
So that anytime someone goes "Why am I haveing [problem]?" they can go "Do you meet the requirements? Thats the problem, locking topic"
>>
>>321633789
Pretty much this.
>>
>>321631892

Check how much Intel is worth

You think it's hard for them to push and pretend you need a better cpu?

Their CPUs from the i7 920 is still holding up from 2009 at 1080p so people aren't upgrading. Thus the illusion is needed that you do
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.