[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes Link's Awakening objectively the best Zelda game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
What makes Link's Awakening objectively the best Zelda game?
>>
All Zelda games are shit compared to Undertale.
>>
File: 1434101214232.jpg (2 MB, 6500x3765) Image search: [Google]
1434101214232.jpg
2 MB, 6500x3765
OOT is undisputably the best zelda game of all time. All others are shit in comparison
>>
>>321627869
weapons grade autistic people who claim it to be the best
>>
>>321627963
back to tumblr
>>
File: MarinGet.png (100 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
MarinGet.png
100 KB, 500x440
>>321627869
Best girl
>>
>>321628423
I don't wanna get into arguments and I fucking hate you zeldafags but ALttp is objectively the best.
>>
>>321629178
As akKid I always thought she had a rhino horn as nose.
I still cant unsee it.
>>
Link's Awakening is flawless besides

This looks really heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands.
This looks really heavy! You won't be able to lift it with just your bare hands.
>>
1. ALttP
2. Awakening
3. Majora's Mask
4. Oracle Games
5-? The rest.
>>
LA and Fedora's Mask are the best.
This is not up for debate.
>>
>>
>>321631889
>>
>>321631951
and there are all the other games' maps, PLUS A BONUS!!!! if people want them
>>
>>321627869
it condensed the formula into a pure dose of zelda. very charming and huge production values for a gameboy game, was a system seller. man i like the fishing in it. if you enjoy the fishing check out legend of the river king for gameboy too.
>>
>>321632075
what a perfectly square island
>>
I'm more of a link between worlds kind of boy
>>
>>321627869
Shit was magical yo
>>
ALttP, LA and MM are probably the top 3. My personal favorite among those is ALttP.

OoT is great transition to 3D but very overrated. TWW has a cool concept suffers from too many flaws and cut content. TP tries too hard to be an updated OoT but the story, tutorials and general out-of-dungeon content drag it down.

OoS/OoA and TMC are a little underrated but still not quite up there.

Anything else isn't really worth mentioning.
>>
I wish Koizumi could direct a zelda game one day, so fucking tired of Aonuma running the show.
>>
Was anyone else bothered by the ending as a kid?

Not the whole dream thing, that was fine, but the fact that it all ends with Link stranded in the middle of the ocean, ship completely wrecked, with no land in sight.

Like, what the fuck was he gonna do?
>>
>>321632389
I forgot ALBW which I admittedly haven't played.
>>
>>321632416
What? That's not how it ends nigga.
>>
>>321632416
This, mind you when has a Zelda ending ever been a decent close?
>OOT ends with no-one caring about the shit YL went through, his friend abandons him
>MM ends with him being thanked, his temp friend abandoning him and he never (WW kills everyone abruptly) finds his first friend
>>
Being able to jump
>>
>>321632606
https://youtu.be/xBqkLx4AMrg?t=3m20s

The ending is him sitting on two floating logs in the middle of the ocean with no land around him at all.

What the fuck is he gonna do after he stops ogling the Wind Fish?
>>
>>321632416
Seagulls being around means he's near land. He probably only had to paddle for an hour or so before getting back to Hyrule. Also, ALBW's Link is clearly supposed to be his direct descendant due to leaving in the same house, so he canonically made it back.
>>
>>321632779
Not the real ending. Play the game again.
>>
>>321632779
In the manga adaptation, he grabs a drifting piece of wood and starts paddling, a reasonable enough assumption.

In the sequel fanfic I wrote when I was 12 the Wind Fish stopped being a dick, came back for him and carried him to shore on his back.
>>
>>321632649
Wind Waker is on the other timeline, Twilight Princess follows Majora's Mask
>>
>>321632801
*due to living
>>
>>321632898
Yeah, and Mew's under the truck.
>>
>>321632980
I'm serious though... Google it.
>>
>>321632945
The fact that it's unclear for someone who was pretty turbonerd for Zeldas between LA to WW shows how dumb the "timeline" shit is
>>
>>321632441
It's mediocre.
>>
>>321633124
I don't get why people care about the Zelda timeline in the first place. I think it's blatantly obvious that Nintendo just released the games as more or less "separate" stories. I wish they would move away from this timeline bullshit because it seriously hurts some of the games like Skyward Sword.

I don't give a shit about another origin story or something, I'd rather just have a good Zelda game even if it doesn't add anything timeline-wise.
>>
Does this entire series run on nostalgia? Every time the fans fight they hardly ever give reasons as to why their favorite is the best, I can only assume it was their first or one they have very positive memories with.

I try these as an adult and find them all to be tedious and long. Twilight princess was my intro to the series and was dreadful. Oot was better but I lost interest, and windwaker seemed like the best one but I only got to play the first couple hours.

Tldr should I try link's awakening?
>>
>>321631889
>>321631951
>>321632075
Look at that beautiful tight map. It's like a cunny.
>>
>>321633540
Get ready for people claiming you are dumb and have ADHD.
>>
>>321629391
"You've got a Guardian Acorn! It will reduce the damage you take by half!"
"You got a Piece of Power! You can feel the energy flowing through you!"
"You've got a Guardian Acorn! It will reduce the damage you take by half!"
"You got a Piece of Power! You can feel the energy flowing through you!"
>>
>>321633540
2D Zeldas are generally better designed and less tedious than the 3D ones I'd say. I would say that you should probably give A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening a try but don't expect too much if you really didn't like the 3D ones, after all it's still Zelda.

Personally for me most of my favorite Zelda games are the ones I've played latewards so I wouldn't blame nostalgia too much.
>>
>>321633762
>2D Zeldas are less tedious than the 3D ones
Most retarded nostaliga I've seen in a while
>>
>>321632281
You mean you're 12
>>
>>321632441
>his favorite Zelda is ALttP
>he hasn't played ALttP2 yet

Why?
>>
>>321633365
Because most of the games end very openly? And it's not hard to draw up a timeline linking most of this stuff together?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.