[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do they keep porting their games to PC? And most importantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Koei_tecmo_holdings.png (14 KB, 593x321) Image search: [Google]
Koei_tecmo_holdings.png
14 KB, 593x321
Why do they keep porting their games to PC? And most importantly why do people keep buying them? It's clear they have no clue how a PC works.
>>
Weebs will pay anything for their shit and have no standards.
>>
Why do people pursue Lu Bu?
>>
>Why does a company that started on personal computers keep putting their games on PC?

OP do you have a laptop with an integrated GPU?
>>
>>321626143
Oh fuck off already.
>>
>>321625657
You answered your first question with the second one.
>>
>>321625657
Remember the Toukiden port that got universally savaged? You had people on the forums demanding that other people buy it just so KT entertain the idea of bringing more shitty Jap B-games over. You'd think people that desperate just to play shitty Jap games would've just bought a Vita or PS4 or whatever.
>>
>>321625657
KT is pretty much the longest standing Japanese dev for PC games. RoTK is three decades old soon.

/v/'s cluelessness is insane.
>>
>>321625657
Can't imagine Nobunaga 's Ambition or the ROTK series would play that we'll on console.

Everything else though.
>>
>>321625657
But will they port DOAX3? This is the real question.
>>
Koei-Tecmo are pretty much the home system version of Game Freak, they're pretty shit at coding games themselves without outside assistance.
>>
>>321625657
koei was pc game maker formerly. also they make base games on pc now.
>>
I think it's a scam, sell broken games on steam and hope they then go and buy the finished version on console, gives them two sales for no effort. Or they can consider it cheap advertising, steam users who don't know their games might try it then play more of their games on consoles. They can't do it on consoles because MS and Sony would just ban them from their platform if they tried that.

Valve are getting sued over this, I recently forwarded details to the government department suing them about the various false advertising on KT steam games. They were already suing valve over much more minor violations, the mess KT made is going to be much harder to defend and valve is liable not KT.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.