[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the best gaming platform this generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 236x213
Is this the best gaming platform this generation?
>>
Obviously not.
>>
Yes. Yes it is.

But that's not saying a whole hell of a lot.
>>
Pc is the best. It will always have the largest library of games out any platform.
Lol @ consolecucks
masterrace out
>>
Only thing better is PC really.
>>
>>321622097

Literally the worst handheld ever made and ruined a generation of gaming. Thanks Nintendo.
>>
>>321622097
Just got one, its pretty great so far

Currently playing shovel knight, it works perfectly on a handheld

Anyone know of a fun long form 3ds game that isn't pokemon, I need a game to play for a long time that I won't get bored of
>>
>>321624194

Get an Atlus RPG. A SMT or EO.
>>
>>321624194
>Fire Emblem (Awakening or the new one in a few months)
>Shin Megami Tensi IV
>Monster Hunter
>>
>>321622097
>useless gimmick
>5 different itinerations for whatever reason
>lacking game library where half of it consists of ports or remakes of recent DS games
I like the 3DS though, but it feels really clunky to play XL model. DS and PSP are superior to the 3DS in every way. Only good thing is how much the batteries can last on a XL model otherwise it's just better to grab a DS.
>>
>>321622097
Yes, it is by far.
>>
>>321624557

>DS and PSP are superior to the 3DS in every way.
But the 3DS plays DS games.
>>
>>321624557
3ds plays DS games fgt
>>
>>321624194
Everytime people talk about Monster Hunter on here, someone will say how they already have put more than 400 hours into the game and are still playing. I personally don't get the appeal of the series but maybe you could try out a demo on the eshop and judge for yourself?
>>
And any gen. It'd place it next to the SNES and PS2 as the greatest gaming platform of all time.

It has everything, hardcore action games like MH, innovative masterpieces like Kid Icarus, classics breathing new life into dead genres like Bravely Default and lots of multiplayer timewasters like Smash and Mario Kart.

I'm a picky motherfucker too, if this gen had been left to the PS4 and WiiU I would've quit gaming until further notice.
>>
>>321624941
Yeah I gave it a shot, and it looks interesting g for the most part, but I need to play with friends to get the most out of it, that's not what I'm looking for, I want a single player long form game that I can play whenever

Ps I plan to get triforce heroes for me and my friends, is that a good idea?
>>
>>321624194
Buy MH4U m8
>>
>>321624595
>>321624610
I'm fucking talking about the game library.
>>
File: nigga is u srs.jpg (241 KB, 755x950) Image search: [Google]
nigga is u srs.jpg
241 KB, 755x950
>>321625092
>classics breathing new life into dead genres like Bravely Default
>>
>>321625314

Didn't seem that way from the structure of your post, now I agree.
>>
>>321625137
You could play online. And soloplay is completely possible. If you manage to beat this game solo you can call yourself better than atleast 70% of the playerbase
>>
>>321625342
Paper Jam too.
>>
>>321625360
Yeah, I guess it's kinda misleading. Sorry about that, just woke up so I'm still sleepy.
>>
>>321622097
Of this generation? It's too early to say that in regards to the PS4 and Xbone, for all we know the PS4 will get a fucking fantastic lineup of exclusives throughout the rest of its lifetime (Xbone I doubt)

But so far, the 3DS is by far the best system out there. Shittons of great exclusive games spanning a wide variety of genres.
>>
>>321625365
OK, I guess I'll olay the demo a few more times to see if I like any of the other classes better, thx for the input m8
>>
>>321624194
Sm4sh, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Fire Emblem: Awakening (if you can wait a bit, Fates, but you'll get DLC spammed for the other two routes), Shin Megami Tensei IV/Devil Survivor 1/Devil Survivor 2, in roughly that order.
>>
File: wat.jpg (38 KB, 244x259) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
38 KB, 244x259
>>321625434
>Paper Jam too.
>>
>>321624194
What >>321624268 said. Also Animal Crossing New Leaf
>>
>>321625696
I have smash, so far having fun. Not very good but whatever

I've heard alot about xenoblade and I know a new one just came out for wiiu, what's chronicles like?
>>
File: Trash.png (58 KB, 426x234) Image search: [Google]
Trash.png
58 KB, 426x234
>>321624365
>FE:A

You could have just said that it was a shitpost beforehand.
>>
>>321626419
Why do you say that, I ask because I am genuinely looking for a good game to play, and I want to know why you think its so bad

Or if you are just being a cock
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.