[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 5 seconds to tell me why you dont game on PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 07BQrKI.jpg (62 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
07BQrKI.jpg
62 KB, 600x338
You have 5 seconds to tell me why you dont game on PC
>>
File: Pro+Tools+in+a+Home+Studio.jpg (27 KB, 550x378) Image search: [Google]
Pro+Tools+in+a+Home+Studio.jpg
27 KB, 550x378
Because i have better things to do with my PC than playing games. It triggers me when someone calls a high end PC a a "gaming PC" as if thats the only thing anyone would need such a powerful machine for
>>
Because i value my private data.
>>
>>321622349
Which console is it, then?
>>
>>321622232

So you have a good computer, but instead of using it for games, you spend extra money on a less powerful platform just to avoid playing games on our computer?
>>
>>321622232
lol those monitors are a joke. if you are going to use your PC as a DAW, at least get some big boy speakers
>>
>>321621639
Because I can shitpost on mobile now.
>>
>>321622438
You're a fucking idiot, and triggered this anon makes music and all you do is try to beat a high score on a fucking video game
>>
>>321622232
Is that cubase?
How do I make my music not sound like midi's?
I do make midi tracks and use proper VST but it still sounds too stiff.
>>
>>321621639
I do. I did my time with 30fps 720p garbage quality games back when all I had was a shitty laptop. Why would I pay hundreds of dollars for the privilege of doing it again?
>>
>>321622470
>clueless retard; the post
>duhhhhh yoos need some bigger cones and drivers in yerr monitors for makin the musics!
>>
>>321622232
Why do you need a high end GPU for audio? If you don't have a high end GPU, what makes it a high end PC?
>>
>>321622470
Thats not my studio. I have some KRKs. I dont have a pic of my studio on hand right now so i just google "home studio"
>>
>>321621639
Because I have a ___________Mac and no money for a decent gaming PC.
>>
>>321622726
Because it seems that PC is filled with so many games but, PCfags hardly play any of them. But, then again that's just Steam users.
>>
>game as a verb
>>
>>321622530

Are you retarded? This is a board about video games. If you don't play video games, feel free to leave.

OP asked why a person wouldn't use a PC for video games. He never implied that people should use a PC only for video games, and for nothing else. Yet this moron >>321622232 replied as if that's exactly what OP said.

Here's an idea: Use a computer for more than one thing, including video games. Wow, amazing.
>>
>>321622653
Well personally i just do audio shit and don't do any 3D graphics rendering but i was implying that a high end GPU isn't just for playing the latest interactive movie. I just have a 550ti but i might upgrade it if only for Street Fighter 5 when it comes out
>>
>>321622919
Fuck meant for
>>321621639
>>
>>321622232
then why the fuck are on on a gaming board.

i make music too, but you can use a Pc for more than 1 thing
>>
>>321622653
>If you don't have a high end GPU, what makes it a high end PC?
Also forgot to address this because it was such a stupid question. The CPU is literally the only factor in a "high end" computing machine. Every other component relies on this and obviously a power source to even function right
>>
But I do, Anon.
I game on the PC for indies and older games while I play the newer games on consoles.
For me, PC games is like small business while consoles are like target and walmart, with the respective audience types respectively. PC gamers are dedicated but hardcore, and in small but tight-knit communities, while normies play consoles.
I also have a similar attitude for shopping - the larger the shopping spree, the more likely I'll be going to a big name store.
>>
I can't play Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 on PC.
I need those games on PC. Emulating them isn't good enough.
>>
File: 1451061513736.gif (902 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1451061513736.gif
902 KB, 500x750
Requirements for most games are getting way to high and the number of broken ports just keep on increasing, piracy is also becoming more difficult on the platform so there is nothing to gain in there as well.

I have a PC and a PS4 but I usually get new stuff on my console because of all that, I still use PC for older games.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.