[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Windows 10 any better now? and in regards to gaming? didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: windows-10.jpg (33 KB, 647x450) Image search: [Google]
windows-10.jpg
33 KB, 647x450
Is Windows 10 any better now? and in regards to gaming? didn't emulators not work on it if so should I just stick to 7?
>>
>>321618670
It's still absurdly shit. Don't bother with it. It's worse than ME and Vista combined.
>>
>>321618670

Why not just try it out you faggot? It's free. If you don't like it then just re-install 7. The nerve of some ppl smdh thqh family
>>
>>321619580

Go to bed Tim Cook your OS is shit and so are you
>>
File: 1450596924711.jpg (65 KB, 601x601) Image search: [Google]
1450596924711.jpg
65 KB, 601x601
I got windows 8 on my laptop and it's really bothering me. The only emulators I can work on it are Snes9x and Visualboyadvance, Twitch videos don't play, movie files don't play, music files don't play and most pc games don't play
>>
>>321619990
Nigga that's a you problem not a windows 8 problem
>>
>>321619745
I tried it out when it launched it was fucking terrible I'm asking if it got any better.
>>
>>321620069
That is a him problem, but Windows 8 is it's own problem.
>>
It isn't nearly half as bad or half as good as people would like you to believe. It's a pretty average windows once you get over botnet and disable cortana and some other stupid shit.
>>
>>321620130
Worse.
>>
File: poo2loo.gif (1 MB, 570x321) Image search: [Google]
poo2loo.gif
1 MB, 570x321
>>321618670
TAKE THE POO TO THE LOO
>>
File: slownewsday.gif (28 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
slownewsday.gif
28 KB, 350x400
>>321620171
>MFW load times have decupled.
>>
>>321618670
>didn't emulators not work on it if so should I just stick to 7?
Retro Arch, dolphin, and pcsx2 all worked fine for me with it, m8. My only problem was with weird vsync(?) issues in some games carried over from 8.1, but not 7 or regular 8
>>
>>321620130

What didn't you like about 10? It's almost completely the same as 7 aside from the start menu
>>
>>321618670
I have it right now, and it's shitty compared to Win 7.
>>
I think Microsoft has reached a point where they can no longer improve on what they've done. So nobody will care anymore
>>
>>321619990
Did you re-install your audio drivers?
>>
I've been using Windows 10 for a good while and honestly I'd rather just go back to Win7 (I can't though because of some bullshit BSOD tomfoolery)

It's not directly bad, I disabled most of the spyware, but I very much doubt it's even possible to disable all of it, and it's not like it matters anyway, since you are being spied on everywhere anyway. I haven't run into any problems running games, whether they be from 20 years ago or obscure hentai games.
>>
>Fuck up OS backup on laptop
>Laptop site says to get a win 7 iso from Microsoft
>Microsoft site requires a key to 'help' you access the right version.
>It says my key is a pre-install license and I have to get it from the laptop site.

Any alternatives? My country's a bit of a dick when it comes to accessing torrent sites.
>>
>>321618670
It's better at spying what you are doing with your computer.
>>
>>321621597
send message to laptop site and include message from microsoft and request install media.
>>
>>321618670
same exact thing as 7 with updated spyware why bother
>>
Works fine on my end.
>>
>>321621597
Just bu win 7 key from reddit for $15 and done with it.
>>
>>321619745
How do I get windows 10 for free if I have never legally owned a copy of a windows os? All I can find is shit about upgrading.
>>
>>321618670
just stick to 7 until the free upgrade offer is near over

10 is just a sidegrade as of now
>>
>>321622168
Go to Bill Gates and offer him a tuggy
>>
>Is Windows 10 any better now?
Yes, but it's still meh.

>and in regards to gaming?
It's same as W7, didn't have any compatibility issues, also didn't notice any increase in frames.

>didn't emulators not work on it
I don't emulate much but I did try ePSXe on it and it worked fine as it did on W7.

>so should I just stick to 7?
Decide for yourself, faggot.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.