[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ help me I grabbed this in the steam sale yesterday after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
/v/ help me
I grabbed this in the steam sale yesterday after reading all the praise you guys heap on it, but I'm just having trouble enjoying it. The combat (and the controls in general) are really clunky and not at all fun. The story is boring and I can't bring myself to care about any of the characters or the setting(and I love sword and sorcery themes). All the enemies seem to just be palette swaps, and my choices seem not to really matter, hell I'm not even allowed to attack things/people that aren't designated enemies.
How do I enjoy this game /v/? I've already slogged through three hours of generic monster hunts and side quests so I can't refund it
>>
File: JUST.jpg (193 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
193 KB, 920x900
DELETE THIS
>>
>>321617082
the game is not for you. Shouldn't have bought it.
>>
The fallout shills still trying this hard
>>
>>321617428
when will this fucking falseflagging ass cunts leave? This shit is ridiculous, I don't want my /v/ to be ruined by fucking wojak memesters.

Anyways, Witcher 3 is the pinnacle of video games in 2015. You hating it just means you have shit taste and are probably some mouth breather whose first video games was League of Legends.
>>
>>321617428
Fuck you, the game is pure shit

>>321617757
Fallout 4 isn't any better
>>
>>321617809
I'm not hating it, game is pretty as fuck. But I just can't seem to enjoy the gameplay, it's just so bland.
>>
>>321617809
tell me about it, I've started going back to r/gaming
>>
Read the 8 mediocre fantasy books, half of which aren't even available in English, then slog through 2 entirely mediocre RPGs.

Then you might enjoy TW3 a little.
>>
File: 081 - DfKBCyX.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
081 - DfKBCyX.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
Game wasn't for you m8. Should've looked into it more
>>
>>321617820
>Fallout 4 isn't any better
Neither is any other game this year or a year before that
Witcher beats all no matter the game you try to shill for
Go on please tell us a game that you consider good
>>
File: itjustworks.jpg (1 KB, 143x143) Image search: [Google]
itjustworks.jpg
1 KB, 143x143
Ok, so if it isn't for me, can you guys recommend any other good actiony rpg fantasy games that are on sale that wont require me to dl half a bajillion waifu mods to make enjoyable?
>>
You guys are fucking idiots for even replying to this thread
All he did was list all the /v memes
>>
>>321617082
>hell I'm not even allowed to attack things/people that aren't designated enemies
kek
>my choices seem not to really matter
play the game more than 5 minutes kid
>how do I enjoy this game?
get a lobotomy
>>
>>321617757
>>321617809
>>321618315
>>321618441
This thread says a lot about the Witcher fanbase.
>>
>>321617082
>buying it on Steam instead of GOG
you fucked up and you have poor opinions that I can respect despite it being one of my favorite games in a long time and GOTY 2015 easily, maybe it's not your thing man. You read the books or play 1 or at least 2?
>>
>>321618968
Never read the books
Never played the first one (though I do seem to own it, but don't ever remember purchasing it
Played 2, from what I remember combat was better but, while it took me longer, same issue with losing interest in the story later on in the game.
>>
>>321618920
>This thread says a lot about the Witcher fanbase

like any fanbase is any better.
>>
>>321619304
>losing interest in the story in act 2 or especially 3

I can understand hating the gameplay in loc muinne (act 3) because fuck those doors but the plot? You're just not a witcher, harry

reading last wish and blood of elves helps a lot with 3 because Ciri and Yenn have fuck all to do with 1 and 2 plots
>>
>>321618920
Nah just says about your massive asshurt
Combat is fine
Story is fine
Controls are fine
Game is fine
You not able to kill every person for no reason like a genocidal maniac is fine
The choices matter
Game is genuinely good
Still haven't posted the game you consider good
Its time to fuck off now
>>
>>321617082
You are correct, try returning it.
>>
>>321618920
Why would I bother trying to convince someone to play a game that they obviously weren't having a good time with? He gave specific reasons why he didn't like it so at least he tried it. Its not for everyone, different strokes for different folks
>>
File: slav.png (669 KB, 1000x1450) Image search: [Google]
slav.png
669 KB, 1000x1450
>>321619715
Comrade, he is attempting to have differents strokes than me, I needs make him equality have
>>
>>321618612
Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, Morrowind
>>
>>321619308
Yakuza, Pathologic, retro JRPGs
>>
>>321620067
>dragon's dogma
Already played it and DA to death on PS3
>Souls
Kind of burned out on those
>Morrowind
Played the crap out of it years ago
>>
>>321620181
>yakuza
Not really fantasy, but already beat the latest one
>pathologic
played it
>jrpgs
Played tons of them, but I'm more looking more for open world wrpgs, but if there have been any good fantasy themed ones released recently, let me know (inb4 trails, played all of them)
>>
>>321620784
Those were fanbases.
Anyway, pretty good taste. Having played Pathologic and seeing that the Witcher is not that great makes you my bud.
>>
>>321619630
As someone who loves the witcher, the ui is, let's be honedt, utter shit
The combat is acceptable, but running and riding the horse feel weird.

MGSV's controls with D-Horse were fucking fantastic, much better than the witcher's.
>>
>>321617082
Your fault for buying into the third game of a trilogy without any warning of how the series plays out.
>>
>>321622853
eh, witcher is odd in that way because 1 plays very differently to 2 and 3

>muh slavic rhythm game
>>
>>321617931

My advice is to put points into Signs and Adreniline based talents so you can switch between Signs after using them frequently to change up combat. Get used to the basic Attack Attack Hold Attack Attack mix up crap, use bombs and all the other tools available.
>>
>>321619630
Not him but, not being able to kill whoever you want in an open world game is both open-world-game breaking and demonstrates a lack of freedom of choice.
Even Bethesda at least tries to do this right and still fuck up by not allowing you to kill everyone. But if someone is trying to hide something from you or have something you want you can just kill them.
In Witcher 3 you should be allowed to kill many of the people that I met whilst playing
>>
>>321622853
first, ive previously asked if i could enjoy it without having played w1 and 2: i've been told i'd just miss some minor references, others suggested to jump straight into w3 since the others are irrelevant,turns out there so much political shit and characters from previous games i cant follow the story.

>inform yourself
sure, spoil the ending since you're there.

then, i've been told the combat is fun, challenging and its just souls fags attacking it. turns out the movement controls alone are clunky and unresponsive.
>inform yourself
how? unless im controlling the game myself, i cant judge if its unrsponsive or not just from videos.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.