[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: 61yv0bK+CSL._SX385_[1].jpg (67 KB, 385x479) Image search: [Google]
61yv0bK+CSL._SX385_[1].jpg
67 KB, 385x479
EDF thread.

How are you enjoying the GOTY 2015?
>>
Just started playing it tonight with my roommate. When do the missions start getting more variety? We played 6 or 7 and still have only fought ants and spiders.

And is the Wing Diver just objectively the best class? It seems to outshine the others (at least this early on) in almost every aspect.
>>
>>321615006
>And is the Wing Diver just objectively the best class?

There is no best class. But year Wing Diver is pretty gud at the start. But by midway and to the end, they tend to die first because they have lowest armor and cannot dodge roll attacks.
>>
>>321615006
A few more missions in and you'll be facing robutts and shit
>>
>try to join a room
>stuck in "entering the room..."

It keeps happening.
>>
>>321615839
Is there a max amount of armor each class can get? Or is it endless?
>>
File: Horrible.png (82 KB, 273x338) Image search: [Google]
Horrible.png
82 KB, 273x338
>play Wing Diver because strategic plasma blasts right into the middle of a swarm
>tempted to switch to Ranger for weapon variety and vehicles
>pretty sure I have to start from scratch
Why doesn't at least armor carry over?
>>
>>321615006
I can appreciate it's faster movement speed, but when a kindly anon told me to look up the fencers shield dash trick I fell in love. Never tried air raider either, but the michael bay levels of explosions when calling in an artillery strike have a funny effect on my peepee.

Although I'm still working on finishing a normal ranger playthrough.
>>
Is this game worth picking up? I got DQ Heroes and dislike it, wondering if I should trade it for this.
>>
>>321616135
It's incredibly fun
>>321616030
>>
>>321616135
any EDF game (that's not Insect Armageddon) is worth playing.

I sadly don't own a PS4 yet, but I've been enjoying EDF2.
>>
>>321616083
Time to get that grind going son.
>>
>>321616230
whenever I check lobby, it's fucking dead.
>>
>>321616043
Donno but I do know that Wing Diver acquire armor at a much slower rate than all other classes.
>>
>>321616043
I think 9999 is max amount. Not that it matters if you play online since you'll always be capped to a certain amount for each mission online.
>>
>>321616472
You'd probably have to go to one of the generals (you do what you gotta) and see if anyone is up for a game. It's really late where I'm at, so you'd probably have a hard time getting a game.
>>
>>321615990
Anyone experiencing this same issue?
>>
>>321616710
I hope eurobros get the game soon so I have people to play with at night. I work graveyard shift so I'm always up at night.
>>
File: ash coffee.jpg (33 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
ash coffee.jpg
33 KB, 600x338
I got EDF2 for Christmas, but I haven't played it yet because I also got a bigger memory card and this backup-restore is taking forever.
>>
File: savingtheworld.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
savingtheworld.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>online progress separate from single player
Wish they'd patch this out already.
>>
TO SAVE OUR MOTHER EARTH FROM ANY ALIEN ATTACK
>>
WING DIVING
>>
>>321616472
it is pretty dead. make sure you play for a long time if you ever do find a game
>>
>>321618231
FROM GIANT VICIOUS INSECTS WHO HAVE ONCE AGAIN COME BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmo89HlNFc
>>
>>321618363
so that's why they call them.........wing divers
>>
GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH
>>
How do you get tanks and shit?
Is it possible to do so in single player?
>>
File: horasmaller.webm (2 MB, 360x512) Image search: [Google]
horasmaller.webm
2 MB, 360x512
Ordered it today.
How is my main nigga the fencer?
>>
>>321618969
air raider -- and yes, possible on single player. you'd have to farm some nice vehicles. some single player missions are pretty hard to do as air raider, though, and it's just really fun with other people.
>>
>>321619183
samefag here. you actually start off with a tank. just equip it and throw the marker on the cround where it is clear for the helicopter to drop it for you
>>
>>321616230
what's so bad about insect armageddon?

Currently I only have a laptop and I could play it.
>>
>>321619638
It was made by a shitty western dev instead of grorious nippon
>>
>>321619696
I guess I'll take the risk, it looks fun as fuck.
>>
File: Pain.gif (3 KB, 96x96) Image search: [Google]
Pain.gif
3 KB, 96x96
>>321619638
It isn't actually horrible.
It just lost a lot of it's charm because it started taking itself pseudo-seriously. Also lacked the whole "Tons of Variety" thing the EDF games have.
The classes were a good idea though, glad the japanese devs kept on it.
>>
EDF!!! EDF!!! EDF!!!

Been playing as a Ranger online. Just finished a few missions with the dream team.
>>
File: edf_41_ps4_009.0.jpg (545 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
edf_41_ps4_009.0.jpg
545 KB, 1920x1080
>playing mission 27; hard
>one where everyone usually grinds for armor/weapons
>wing diver
>paired with air raider
>air raider calls for two huge robots
>still just using my two weapons to take out red ants
>"hey you can mount that"
>thought only air raiders and rangers could count vehicles
>hop on
>we smash all red ants with giant robot fists
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.