[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some fun games with small filesize? I need some stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (57 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
57 KB, 460x215
What are some fun games with small filesize? I need some stuff to keep me occupied while I'm without internet for a while, and I'm not in a position to download anything big.

Pic related is one game I already downloaded.
>>
cave story is pretty good
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 658x164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 658x164
Not joking. The game's pretty damn fun despite what shitposters say, but it's not for everyone. Try it anyway though, it's a pretty quick download from the website. Don't expect the greatest thing ever, but it's pretty good.
>>
Terraria
>>
>>321613775

GTAV
>>
is shovel knight legit good?
>>
>>321614535
You joke but I already have that game, and I'm so bored of it. Finished the main story and frolicked about for about 50 hours and there's nothing left to do.
>>
Elona+
>>
>>321614638
If you really like platformers, yes.
If you're not really a platformer fan and/or are a filthy casual, it's more like slamming your dick in a door.
>>
>>321613775
how is it? worth the price?
>>
>>321614730

i like platformers but im also a filthy casual (ish)
>>
PS1 emulator + vagrant story. The iso when compressed is tiny as fuck. It's basically dark souls before souls was a thing (and better too)
>>
>>321614730
>>321614797
I have a buddy who hates AND is terrible at platformers but loved Shovel Knight.
>>
>>321613775
Obligatory:

Cave Story
>>
>>321614860

i'll check it out
>>
>>321614880
>>321614316
Different anon here. Been interested in Cave Story for awhile. What's the best version? Is the 3DS version good?
>>
Play Doom and Dwarf Fortress you underage shitter
>>
>>321615119
cant really say anything about the 3ds version.
but id say cave story+ is the best
>>
someone to play minecraft on xbox one? mi gamertag is armandox97
>>
>>321615119
The free PC version of it is just fine. the other versions of it just have the option to use a fancier graphic style that I honestly didn't like, and newer remastered music that doesn't have the same vibes that the original OST has. The best thing about it is that you can unlock an additional mode that lets you play as the female protag which is pretty awesome, but it's not worth spending money on alone if you're just gonna play the game once.
That being said, some other games are dark souls, ori and the blind forest, super meat boy, fran bow if you like point and click/creepy shit, portal 1 is small if you haven't played that, terraria, darkest dungeon, binding of isaac rebirth/afterbirth, and hotline miami are some good small internet-less games off the top of my head. If you wanna pick up some 3ds games, fire emblem awakening, super pokemon mystery dungeon, and zelda a link between worlds are my favourite for that.
>>
>>321614860
>unironically disliking kirby
???
>>
>>321613775
Axiom Verge is pretty dank man. It's on sale right now too.
>>
>>321615898
>pay money
i can see you arent a pirate.
>>
>>321616050
I think he just hates them because he's really bad.
And I think it's more that he hates precision jumps than something like Kirby's action-based system.
>>
File: 23985461.png (80 KB, 342x326) Image search: [Google]
23985461.png
80 KB, 342x326
>>321613775
Risk of Rain it's pretty small, and it's pretty good.
>>
>>321616347
your friend is a faggot
>>
>>321613775
>>321616163
Looking up Axiom also points me to this cool looking game; Downwell. http://store.steampowered.com/app/360740/
>>
>>321616747
Nah man he's cool he just also sucks.
>>
>>321615898
Do you know if there's a difference between Cave Story on the eshop and Cave Story 3d (the retail version)?
>>
>>321617924
3d has, well, 3d models that IMO look half hassed. It looks more like something a fan made on a weekend rather than a polished version from a semiknown developer. Think of it as a cashgrab.

Original 2d free version is really okay, though if youre a fancy graphics person it might look like cancer. You could also pirate the steam version since the developer wont get any profits anyway.
>>
>modern game updates are larger than an entire last-gen game
I've pretty much been going through the GOG backlog. Games back in the ol' CD-ROM days were absolutely tiny.
>>
>>321613775
Emulate animal crossing for the Gamecube
>>
>>321615119
CS+ if you want to buy it.

But vanilla Cave Story is freeware and honestly you aren't going to really miss out on anything by playing the original.
>>
>>321613775
I think Super Meat Boy is pretty small.
Super Hexagon
Spelunky
La-Mulana, I think

>>321614469
I have a potato laptop from 2011, can I run Undertale?
>>
>>321621724
your grandmothers pedal-powered vibrator can run undertale
>>
lisa is pretty small
shovel knight, axiom verge
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.