[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else who owns a New3DS have issues with the C-stick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 2640066-3dsbuttons.jpg (20 KB, 844x462) Image search: [Google]
2640066-3dsbuttons.jpg
20 KB, 844x462
Does anyone else who owns a New3DS have issues with the C-stick?

I've had mine for less than a month and already it's having a hard time registering downward and rightmost inputs
>>
I've had mine since release and haven't had any problems.
>>
>>321609254
Since there's no calibration option for the C-stick (no clue why) I've been using the home menu cursor as a test, and I've noticed I have to put an extraordinary amount of effort pressing downward in order for it to register (unless I cover it with a piece of paper or cloth)

I've only had mine for a month (standard model, US version) so it's weird for a problem like this to come up
>>
>>321609881
I have a friend who has a N3DS. The c-stick on his N3DS was more than stiff, it was almost unresponsive.

But yeah, it doesn't mean that much when I say it. I don't know how common the problem is. I'd start googling shit and see what you come up with.
>>
>>321608008
what game are you playing with it OP?
>>
>>321611950
In Triforce Heroes and the Codename Steam demo I've used it for camera controls and I also occasionally use it for Smash attacks in Smash 3DS. Unless you're left-handed it's worthless in Kid Icarus Uprising.

As I said, I've fiddled with it a lot on the home menu to test it often but haven't had the chance to use it for focused gameplay sessions.
>>
Yeah, I've had mine since the first week and no issues despite extensive use, mostly in MH4U
>>
Nintendo quality <3
>>
>>321612465
Yo I'm left handed, but I thought the stick didn't work in Kid Icarus. I have a N3DS but never got that game because of that.

Also I never understood C-stick use in smash. If your thumbs are already on the A button and stick, why move your thumb to execute smash?
>>
>>321613150

>If your thumbs are already on the A button and stick, why move your thumb to execute smash?

DI in the air. If you are doing an aerial and you want to DI, its better to use the C stick to keep the control stick for DI options.
>>
>>321608008
stop playing it with your chocolatey cumfilled popspilled hands, and you won't make it get stuck. too late now though
>>
>>321613501
Oh I see. So you don't mess up your momentum in the air.
>>
>>321612465
Maybe it depends on the games because i have the same issue with the games you mentioned but if i play Xenoblade 3d or Monster Hunter the C-Stick works just fine
>>
>>321608008
I glued a piece of sandpaper to mine. Works like a dream now.
>>
File: snack eater.png (1 MB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
snack eater.png
1 MB, 1000x563
I got mine for Christmas. I also picked up Snake Eater 3D, because what better game to get me used to the new buttons than one I know like the back of my hand?
I'm liking the analog nub a lot more than I thought I would.
>>
>>321609881
>>321608008
if you've only had it for a month and you bought that shit new then get it Warranty repaired. No reason to be complaining here
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.