[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if theyd get rid of that stupid touch pad this thing would be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 18
File: 2762519-2756353042-dsc00.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1276) Image search: [Google]
2762519-2756353042-dsc00.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1276
if theyd get rid of that stupid touch pad

this thing would be fucking PERFECT
>>
>>321606707
No, left analog or right analog should be moved.

xbone and xbox 360 got it right.
>>
>>321606707
>having baby hands.

What's it like to be shorter than 5'7?
>>
Or removed the fucking light bar and gave it better battery life or made the trigger hinges stronger
>>
And the shitty rubber on the sticks
>>
>shit D-pad
>small
It's still a long way from good.
>>
>>321606990
what the FUCK are you guys doing that are ripping the rubber of the sticks? i've had mine for over a year and my controller is still fine.
>>
>>321606809
>360 controller is good

When will this meme end?
>>
>>321606707
>shit blue light that does nothing but drain battery life
>novelty touch pad
>shitty thumb sticks

How did they fuck up the controller this badly.
>>
>>321607113
Do you get paid for every shitpost?
>>
They need:
>option to disable lightbar
>option to disable touchpad
>controller revision with improved battery life

This is the only flaw with the dualshock 4
>>
Nah that's one of the best things about it
>>
>>321606707
I only got the PS4 on Christmas and I am loving that touchpad. It isn't necessary but being able to type much faster without having to buy a separate tiny keyboard to plug into the bottom of my controller is sweet.
>>
desu i've given up on playstation controllers. i was a playstation fanboy my whole life but it's just a fact that xbox controllers are better.
>>
>>321607113
>denying common facts
This meme will be eternal
>>
>>321607270
I heard the touchpad drains the battery life more than the light
the accurate tech behind the pad drains the fuck outta the battery
>>
>>321607113
>7 rupees have been deposited into your account
>Thank you for your support Pajeet
>>
>>321607313
>only flaw
>lists multiple flaws

The DS4 is also a bit small and the triggers still aren't great.

Honestly the Xbone controller is closer to perfect than the DS4 unless you have small hands.
>>
>>321606707
If they got rid of the touchpad and light, it would pretty much just be a less comfortable PS3 controller.

>>321606931
>made the trigger hinges stronger

Nothing more immersion breaking than your controller sounding like Dracula emerging from his creaky coffin every time you pull the trigger. That little bastard started squeaking like a madman a little over a month after I bought my PS4. By comparison, I've had an Xbone for over a year, and that controller is still as solid as the day I bought it.

Say what you will about PS4 vs Xbone in regards to their strengths as consoles, but for my money, the Xbone controller wins out by a mile.
>>
File: 4VPpbQ3.webm (131 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
4VPpbQ3.webm
131 KB, 600x338
>>321607379
Not that guy, but...

Xbox 360 might've got the analog placements right, but fuck their d-pad. Pressing up can result in either up, up and left, or up and right being pressed. Same with any direction on the pad. The direction you honestly pressed, alongside the two directions on either side of it.
>>
>>321606707
Why do people give a shit about the touchpad and light? They're so out-of-the-way I forget they're there most of the time.

Plus its neat when a game throws in stuff that utilizes them, like the light changing color at the beginning and end of a round in GGXrd, when you turn on the Pip-Boy light or get into power armor in Fallout 4, etc.

Shadow of Mordor even did a cool thing during the loading screens where flashback audio was put through the speaker on the controller, making it sound distant and different from any other audio in the game, it was a nice touch.
>>
>>321607650
True stuff, though.
>>
Jesus christ people, how fucking fat are your hands that you STILL think the ds4 is small after the size increase from ds3 to ds4?
>>
but we wouldnt be getting gravity daze 1 and 2 without the touchpad right?
>>
>>321606809
>staggered analogs

uh

why
>>
>There are people who are STILL butthurt that they called it "options" instead of "start"
>>
File: 1450667546355.png (103 KB, 736x744) Image search: [Google]
1450667546355.png
103 KB, 736x744
I own a PS4 and an Xbone.

As much as I prefer my PS4, the Xbone controller shits all over it.

>No useless lightbar
>No scarcely utilized touchpad
>Sticks are durable and dont slice the moment someone with long fingernails uses them
>grooves on the sticks are a nice touch
>has a perfect weight, doesnt feel like cheap plastic
>perfect triggers

Its not even a competition, really.
>>
>>321607650
well duh that's why the BONE got a proper dpad
>>
>>321606990
They fixed that a couple months after launch.

>>321606873
>be me
>be 6'4"
the touchpad sucks dick because it makes pressing options and share more of a pain in the ass.
>>
>>321608180
>has a perfect weight, doesnt feel like cheap plastic
I must disagree. Mine came with the fucking left side of the controller slightly misaligned AND a different size than the right. Turns out it's a common flaw. It's annoying getting slightly scraped just holding it.
>>
File: original.jpg (57 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
57 KB, 960x540
>>321606707
The touchpad is fine. It has no negative impact. On PC you can use it as a mouse which is handy.

What needs to be done is to replace its dpad with the Vita dpad. That one is so much better than the DS4's it's absurd.
>>
>>321607371
This.

not just that, but my DS4 basically died a few months past launch and the fucks refused to fix it.
>>
File: SOLVED.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
SOLVED.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
>whining about the lightbar
>>
>>321608465
Have that same problem with my PS4 controller, actually. Left side and everything.

Luckily my fingers dont reat there though
>>
>>321608630
Still drains your battery like hell.
>>
>>321608701
LED Lights? Draining batteries? No. The battery drain comes from running the touchpad.
>>
You know what? I'm actually going to defend the touchpad. While it's never fun to use it as an actual touch pad in games that utilize it, it does essentially add three more buttons to the middle of the controller. It has three different states that it recognizes from pushing it in, either left, right, or up which counts as pressing in the whole pad.

The useless as hell share button and the light bar are awful, I'll give you that though.
>>
>>321608767
This. As a button the touchpad is great.
>>
>>321607379
Their sticks are not ideally placed for the games that most if not all 360 casual players play (fps's), going back on the sticks, they're stiff and hurt like hell when you use them after an hour. It has as fuck bumber buttons, and the triggers could be way comfier. The face buttons are unnecessarily round and not symmetrical, and the big fat X button in the middle looks retarded.

Oh yeah it also takes 2 double A's every 4 hours of usage if you have the wrong model.

I didn't even have to mention the "D pad".
>>
>>321608742
Yes. Its a big light. Light is inherently energy lost.
>>
>>321606707

No, the touchpad is the reason why the controller is perfect. The biggest problem the DS3 had was the thumbsticks were too close together and caused your thumbs to touch. Without the touchpad I think the DS4 would have had the same issue.
>>
>>321606707
its not bad, if they try to actually use the touch screen function its annoying but shit like bloodborne uses the halves of the touch screen for extra buttons
>>
The 360 controller was awful, but the Xbon one is fucking amazing. My favorite of the three this gen. Perfect weight, solid build quality, best analog shoulder buttons I've felt on a controller and ironically the best d-pad of the big three. It feels properly microswitched and everything

My only issue is the frontal shoulder buttons. They're really wonky to press, and you basically can't use them and, say, the face buttons at the same time
>>
>>321608903
>Yes. Its a big light
Clearly you don't have a fucking clue about the power consumption levels of LEDs. They're fucking magic in terms of their efficiency. They don't even waste much energy as heat.
>>
>>321608180

You're right, it's not a competition because the DS4 is so much better.

>doesn't feel like cheap plastic

Lol what knock off controller do you have?
>>
The touchpad is shit for PS4 but great for PC.
>>
Have any of you used the DS4 with your PC? The trackpad is fucking great. What it needs is better battery life. It's worse than a fucking Nomad.
>>
>>321606707
I use that on PC and I find the touch pad to be pretty good. I just map parts of it to be different buttons I wouldn't have had otherwise.
>>
>>321608767

i love the share button, light bar is trash

>>321606809

>staggered analog sticks

ur opinion has been discarded

>>321606931

trigger hinges are perfect, battery life is fine. ill take a shortened battery life for a god tier controller.

>>321607313

agreed
>>
>>321609024
Its magic compared to previous light technology. Its still more energy loss than the rest of the controller.

Light is still radiated energy, heat or not. It can never be returned to the controller.
>>
>>321606707
the only thing I don't like about the touchpad is that it can't tell the difference between left and right.

So many times in Bloodborne I want to taunt and the quick inventory comes up, or vice versa.
>>
>>321609112
>Its still more energy loss than the rest of the controller.
No it's not. Not even remotely. You're insane if you think LEDs are to blame for the battery issues on the DS4.
>>
>>321609024
These aren't a normal LED, bro.
PS4 controllers have 6 LED's in the bar that burn so bright, the controller has two shields and a diffuser.
>>
>>321606707
>shitty rubber on the analogue sticks comes off immediately upon use
>left control stick doesn't work correctly anymore
>light bar pointlessly drains energy
>dumb touchpad gimmick that has no use
>>
So which program do you guys use for your PS4 controller on PC?
>>
I have problems with almost every dpad. Dualshock, 360, Wii, U Pro Controller.
Unless the dpad has a "click" like the 3DS XL, there's always the chance to input incorrectly.
>>
>>321609190
This. People think it's just one little tiny bulb that is so extremely energy efficient it's almost nothing. But they're completely fucking wrong on every level.
>>
>>321609175
Whatever. Clearly you're the expert and the testimony of everyone else including people who use it on PC and can turn off the light bar for much better battery life doesn't matter.

LED or not there's several of them and they're bright as fuck. It's not like the P1-4 indicator dots.
>>
>>321609190
>These aren't a normal LED, bro.
That's silly. They're all pretty much the same thing.
>PS4 controllers have 6 LED's in the bar that burn so bright, the controller has two shields and a diffuser.
That doesn't actually make a difference. Brighter LEDs are still extremely efficient and low cost. Almost any LED is good enough to be a flashlight until you put plastic in front of it.

>>321609301
6 LEDs is still fucking peanuts as far as power demand is concerned. I'm not even an electrical engineer and I know this shit.
>>
>>321609278
InputMapper.
>>
File: 7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg (73 KB, 1500x1096) Image search: [Google]
7115A2m702L._SL1500_.jpg
73 KB, 1500x1096
This is the ideal stick placement for console FPS, so I wouldn't go calling the DS2/3/4 out for having bad stick placement when the 360 controller can't even match the main demographic it was made for
>>
>>321609357
>people who use it on PC and can turn off the light bar for much better battery life doesn't matter.
citation needed. They're probably getting better battery life from not using the touchpad. Show me people who use the touchpad but turned off the lightbar and got more than 60 minutes additional charge.
>>
>>321606707
>Whole thing is matte except for the parts around the d-pad and face buttons, which is a fucking fingerprint magnet
They were so fucking close
>>
>>321606873
>being too stupid to hold different controllers differently

Pro tip: you don't swaddle and smother PS controllers like your ape-man bread loaf controllers.
>>
>>321609483
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/04/ps4-1-7-dualshock-4-battery-life-increase-by-dimming-the-light-measured-for-all-settings/

81 minutes of additional charge by DIMMING it.
>>
> 800 mAh battery
There are phones with thrice the amount, last twice as much and have a million more things going for it.

It's clearly some shitty software thing going on
>>
>>321609402
Well, clearly you don't know your shit, because as evidenced by people disabling the light bar for many hours more battery life using PC drivers, you're wrong.

They are energy efficient compared to shit like incandescents and cathode tubes. But they are still a power sink, which scales with brightness.
>>
>>321609030
Im the biggest sonygger, but even I can admit the DS4 is garbage.

I could find Madcatz controllers with better build quality.
>>
Fix the shitty rubber on the sticks (my left one's already gunked up and peeling despite right analog being perfectly fine).

Add paddles to the rear.
>>
>>321609592
None of this changes the fact that LEDs are insanely efficient and extremely low cost to power. At most, we're just showing that Sony cheaped out like fuck on the batteries.

>>321609584
Fair enough.
>>
>never heard of this light bar shit until this thread
>google it

holy shit and they say Nintendo is gimmicky
>>
>>321609483
http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=723148

>more than doubled battery life
>>
I don't own a PS4 but the touchpad seems like a non-intrusive gimmick. The light bar on the other hand looks like shit.

Battery life is shit on everything nowadays.
>>
>>321609615

Yet many people love the DS4, so clearly your opinion doesn't really matter.
>>
>>321609615
Mad catz actually puts out some good shit now. I have one of their flight sticks and it's legit af
>>
>>321609796

The Wii U pro controller gets 80+ hours on a full charge

Shame I'm not too fond of it ergonomically, but the battery life if fantastic
>>
>>321609731
Nobody's saying LEDs aren't efficient.

But they still are a huge dampener to the controller's battery life. For no real gain.

LEDs are efficient for lights, but having a big fucking light in a controller is not efficient for a controller

Makes sense?

t. actual electrical engineer
>>
>>321609901

The only time Mad Cats does well is when they're backed by some AAA company. And that's only because someone foots the bill for Sanwa parts

They're in-house console replacement controllers are always shit
>>
>>321606707
Touch pad is fine dude, sticks need to go back to how the DS3 was
>>
>>321609478
This is a moot point because
A. No worthwhile FPS games ever come to Wii U
B. Even if they did, who the fuck wants to play an FPS on console? Playing FPS on console is an almost physically painful experience its so bad.
>>
I prefer the WiiU pro controller. It great in terms of button placement and has an amazing battery life. I just wish the sticks were concave or whatever.
>>
File: steam.jpg (119 KB, 1245x700) Image search: [Google]
steam.jpg
119 KB, 1245x700
>>321609478
Well console FPS is an oxymoron, but that is a nice controller design.

Tempted to get one. Wish it had analogue triggers, that and the sticks position would make it perfect for flying and driving and twinstick games. Could use a better dpad too, but fuck it you really can't have good 2D and 3D controls in one controller.

Anyone know how well the Steam Controller stacks up? The flat surface deal is weird as fuck to me, but if both circles could work as sticks it may be comfy.
>>
>>321609907
Maybe the old ones. My Pro last about 20 hours. Still better than anything this gen. My only gripe are the triggers, and not because they are digital, it just feels awful pressing them. Better than the gamepad triggers at least.
>>
>>321607650
The DS's D-pad isn't much better, fuck that segmented crap it's pretty imprecise itself. It's been bad since the PS1 and it's still bad, MS just figured out how to make something even worse.
>>
>>321609731
At most we're showing that it shouldn't have a lightbar at all. There's no practical reason for the controller to be able to light up the room.

Being so bright it has to be mostly blocked by the controller's shell is terrible, inefficient design.
>>
>>321610028

My point is, everyone calls the DS controllers out for being 'incorrect', when everyone else uses an equally incorrect example as to why
>>
>>321609807
And youre a random anon on a taiwanese image board.

Your opinion is equal to mine.
>>
>>321610135
>Being so bright it has to be mostly blocked by the controller's shell is terrible, inefficient design.
It's probably a necessity to make the PS Move functionality work.
>>
>>321610101
Do you have a legit one, or one you got on ebay without a nintendo logo on it?
>>
>>321608514
>dpad
>Individual buttons
This is whats been wrong with all of Sony's dpads. It needs to be a solid piece.
>>
>>321608767
>The useless as hell share button

I just have that mapped as something else. But I use a DS4 with PC, I don't even have a PS4.
>>
>>321610079
Steam controller needs a controller revision bad.

Shit bumpers, shit range on triggers, shit reach/feel of the face buttons, no real d-pad.
>>
>>321606707
Does anything recent even use the pad for anything but another button?
>>
>>321608058
That irked the fuck out of me and still does.
>>
File: 1386608102956.jpg (44 KB, 316x289) Image search: [Google]
1386608102956.jpg
44 KB, 316x289
>>321610229
Dualshock's d-pads have always been a solid piece
>>
>>321610142
Right stick should still be below the face buttons. In most games, you're pressing buttons with your right thumb most of the time and using the left stick with your left thumb most of the time. Those two things should be in the primary position.

Wii U pro controller is flawed because the right stick is above the buttons, it's just odd and especially terrible for games like Smash.
>>
>>321610296

To be fair, 'start' is an incredibly outdated term/function for a controller

"Menu/Option" makes a heck of a lot more sense
>>
>>321610229
They're actually connected as one single piece.

The problem is they're mushy as fuck, while the Vita's isn't
>>
>>321610229
It is one solid peice , they only have it sticking out individually as an aesthetic thing. If you open it you'll see.
>>
>>321610430

For FPS, it makes more sense for both sticks to be in the primary position, since you predominantly use the sticks and shoulder buttons, while the face buttons get less use
>>
File: crash bandicoot.png (80 KB, 348x300) Image search: [Google]
crash bandicoot.png
80 KB, 348x300
>>321608058
It should have been called the Options button from the beginning. Nearly no games use the button to actually launch the game, and most use it as a way to pause and access the options menus.
>>
>>321610430
I like the way the pro is laid out, makes menu navigating feel like an NES game.
>>
>>321610284
I heard the chick that designed it got fired.
>>
>>321610198
I reallt don't know. I looked out for a black one, since all the stores had white ones. The box was in chinese, but everything looked legit. The left stick is faulty now, but maybe is because a friend of mine tries way too hard in Smash.

I have to blow the stick to correct it at Xenoblade. Maybe i picked the wrong one. But still, ignoring the triggers is my fave this gen. I have yet to pick up a PS4 next year, but if the DS4 is bigger than the DS3 i'm already ok with leds, touchpads and twitch buttons.
>>
>>321608896
>Oh yeah it also takes 2 double A's every 4 hours of usage if you have the wrong model.

Eh, using either AA batteries or a built in rechargeable one both have their pros and cons.

Suppose ten years down the line the battery in that rechargeable controller of yours dies and no longer holds a charge? You either have to replace the battery, which takes some work, or replace the entire controller. Now what if by that point the company that made them no longer supports them? You either have to buy shitty 3rd party controllers/batteries, assuming 3rd parties even make stuff for those old consoles any more, buy something that's years old and could be near point of failure for all you know, or just go without a controller.

I highly doubt they'll stop making AA batteries in even our grand children's lifetimes. But fuck I hate buying AAs every week.
>>
>>321610396
I mean on the surface, not segmented like they are above the controller's shell. It's more like pushing an individual button as opposed to pushing down one side of a single, large button. It's not as precise, I often get misreads while trying to input diagonal directions, but obviously not nearly as often as the Xbox/360's dpad fucks up and does whatever it wants.
>>
>>321610464
It's that they're like individual buttons when you're pushing them as opposed to one solid piece you're tilting or putting pressure on, it doesn't feel as precise.
>>
It should be mandatory for every controller to sue this D-pad
>>
>>321610652
>box was chinese

Anon...
Does it say "WiiU" near the top of the controller?
>>
>>321610447
Yeah but everything they've made has always been start. That's how they've always done it. It's not that they should never evolve, but it's such common knowledge what 'start' means in gaming now that the semantics of the words themselves don't really matter anymore. Either way, I guess that's how it is now.
>>
>>321610292
REmake? Fighting games and platformers? The D-Pad is still in modern controllers for a reason. Even for navigating menus that shit is a godsend.

7 string guitars never made 6 strings guitars obsolete.
>>
>>321610894
>tfw you got an official one just before they started drying up and inflating the price
>>
File: 1438413020970.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1438413020970.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
have you replaced your thumbsticks yet, /v/?

I took the advice of an anon here and bought xbone thumbsticks. great choice.
>>
File: touchpad.jpg (52 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
touchpad.jpg
52 KB, 650x300
>>321610996
Not he D-pad numpnuts, the huge pad button they added to the middle of the controller.
>>
>>321606707
>stupid touch pad and horrible start/select position
>mediocre dpad
>kind of small
>no pressure sensitive buttons for emulating PS2
>doesn't "just werk" on windows

Not big deals, but it's not perfect, even without the first one.
>>
>>321611095

Do you seriously like those craters they call analog sticks? Those are easily the worse part of the xbone controller.

Do you just have like, super tiny fingers or something?
>>
>>321611137
>no pressure sensitive buttons for emulating PS2
oh no how will you ever properly emulate all 3 games that used it
>>
>Share button

So, /v/, who are you sharing with?
>>
>>321611185
you
>>
>>321606707
a major problem with the ps4 controller is that it aesthetically steps back from the old ps controllers

the hot dog handles, it's too wide, the flat button and dpad areas looking like a cheaply designed prototype..

meanwhile the xbone pad is a refined, artistic shape, aesthetically pleasing, and an all-around better controller.

yes, this matters. I just don't want to use something that looks stupid. I thought it felt awful too. shoulder buttons are good though.
>>
>>321611181
I have manlet hands, yes. But the sticks on the ps4 controller start to come off. they're cheap af
>>
Would the wii u have garnered more sucess if nintendo had abandoned the gamepad?

gamepad itself is like half the cost of the system.
>>
>>321611184
Do you even know what the word "perfect" means?
>>
>>321611185
>tfw I keep pressing it thinking it's select
>>
>>321609104
>ill take a shortened battery life for a god tier controller.

The light bar is literally a pointless gimmick that just eats battery life, there's no reason to have it.

A good battery life is part of the makings of a god tier controller. The fucking Wii U Pro has like a 60 hour battery life. Do you know how great it feels to only need to charge a controller for like a hour or 2 and not have to charge it again for like 2-3 weeks? I wish I could do the same for my DS4.
>>
The share and options button placement would still be fucked up to hell. I DARE you to plug your DS4 to a PS3 and play any game that uses the start/select buttons frequently.
>>
File: 1415682259262.jpg (14 KB, 310x328) Image search: [Google]
1415682259262.jpg
14 KB, 310x328
>>321610927
It does. Believe me, i'm aware of chinese knockoffs. Maybe is korean. Nintendo controllers dropped the ball since Wii in terms of quality. My 10 years old gamecube controllers is still functional. Then again, N64 stick was garbage.

That being said my one year old DS3 has the right stick fucked. Maybe i'm the problem.
>>
>>321611295
The gamepad isn't the issue with the WiiU, the name is. If we're talking purely sales anyway.
>>
>>321606707
I actually handled one of these things for the first time at college about a month ago
it was much nicer than I expected
social button needs to go though
>>
File: Wheelchair hate.webm (963 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Wheelchair hate.webm
963 KB, 720x405
>>321611185
Friends and game generals

It was never so easy to make webms and take nice screenshots
>>
>>321606707
Well, except the stick placement being wrong and the d-pad causing blisters after a while, and the sticks peeling off after a few weeks.
Wait, it's not perfect at all, fuck you.
>>
>You will never be sitting on your couch in living room/basement with your PS2 holding that glorious DS2 as you boot Kingdom Hearts for the first time and hear that bios startup noise
>>
>>321611279
>But the sticks on the ps4 controller start to come off.

That was only an issue with the launch ones and you can just buy those $3 gel caps to put over them because it's just the rubber coating that tears slightly

Everyone who actually falls for the analog stick swap is retarded and they deserve their shitty ugly controller.
>>
>>321607650
I have a 360 pad for emulation and platforming from a comfy position, and a friend lent me his xbone controller for a while
it was fantastic and fixed pretty much everything wrong with the 360 pad
>>
>>321611117
Fuck i'm retarded. Devs not using it doesn't mean that pad is pointless tho. Sony just need to make better batteries of give you the choice of turn that shit of.

It would be great for menu navigation and drawing shit i guess.
>>
>>321611705
>It would be great for menu navigation

yeah because the dpad sucks for menu navigation. better to make the whole idea 10 times more complicated and require a power sucking analog input device.
>>
>>321607650
They need to just stick a Saturn dpad on it.
>>
>>321610284
Damn.

>>321610894
Yes it should be. Vita is the only thing with a truly good first party Dpad since Saturn.

Seriously I want a WiiU Pro, with analogue and a Sega Dpad.
>>
>>321611295
Third parties are the main problem. But yes, the Gamepad is pointless besides off tv play. Shit has touchscreen, microphone and NFC reader and not even Nintendo games use all that crap.

You can't even turn that shit off without going out of the box, like discharging it or pressing the off button while the console is starting.
>>
>giant trackpad
>could be used for quick gestures
>split into multiple hotspots
>shit that does a different function if touched vs. touched-and-pressed
>nah let's just use it as a giant select button
>>
>>321611185
No one. But I use it all the time to take screenshots and save videos. I swear, people who complain about the Share button have never once pressed it because they assume it takes you straight to Facebook login or something.
>>
>tfw THIAF was the only game I can remember actually using it in a decent way

Sure, having 6 hotkeys for the useless tools was kind of eh, but at least it's something
>>
File: 1397594384203.jpg (7 KB, 251x234) Image search: [Google]
1397594384203.jpg
7 KB, 251x234
>>321611786
At least it isn't forced on you outside battery drain. But i don't own one. I'm just talking about what i've seen. Maybe you don't know the pain of a fucking screen between your buttons.
>>
What's the significance of the 2s on the touchpad?
>>
>>321612280
so you can show your age to the thread
>>
>>321612280
Playstation 2, duh
>>
>>321612280
Those are 20s
>>
>>321612280
20th anniversary.
>>
>>321612629
>>321612670
Oh. I guess that's kind of clever then. I was looking at the shapes and the 2 stuck out.
>>
>>321612629
What the fuck? I thought it was an O like circle symbol, not a 0
>>
File: ps4[1].jpg (151 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ps4[1].jpg
151 KB, 960x540
>>321612901
The beauty is that it can be both
>>
>not having your controller/s plugged in at all times negating the need to worry about battery life

I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>321613594
>gaming in the closet
>>
>>321615226
My Aunt, Uncle and Cousin aren't very nice to me.
>>
>>321608514
Absolutely this. Vita d-pad is godsend.
>>
>>321610430
And the thumb pads are convex. Pure idiocy,
>>
>>321611181
You don't jam your thumbs in it like penises, spastic lad
>>
File: Trasparent_Blue_DualShock[1].jpg (3 MB, 3750x2500) Image search: [Google]
Trasparent_Blue_DualShock[1].jpg
3 MB, 3750x2500
>>321606707
They just need to make one in skeleton blue with the plastic of the Dualshock 1. The DS3/4 plastic feels so cheap and flimsy.
>>
>there are still people who complain about symmetrical sticks

wew lad
>>
>>321615226
>not buying a $2-$5 3m+ usb cable off eBay

Come on now.
>>
>>321616337
They need to make controllers with cables that length again. Fuck this 1meter bullshit.
>>
>>321611117

Infamous has some gimmicky shit and Bloodborne uses it for gestures, that's about all I can think of.
>>
>>321616375
Nah those are best. Just would be better to have them prioritized over the dpad and buttons which are seeing less and less use.

WiiU Pro had the right idea, but fell short on features.

The asymmetrical thing is dumb.
>>
File: laugh_goku.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laugh_goku.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>perfect
>symmetric sticks
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.