[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jedi Knight thread Playing through Academy right now and I heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: jedi3[1].jpg (121 KB, 954x1024) Image search: [Google]
jedi3[1].jpg
121 KB, 954x1024
Jedi Knight thread

Playing through Academy right now and I heard there were some console commands to make the game play better. Dismemberment or realistic sabers or something. Can anyone clarify?
>>
Detective Google is happy to answer any and all entry level questions.
>>
You could have googled this.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1701616

Don't do this again.
>>
>>321602843
It's just an obvious excuse to get a thread going
>>
>>321602448
Jedi Academy was everything The Force Awakens could have been if they hadn't waited so long after episode 6 to make 7.
>>
>>321602843
This isn't /a/.
>>
guys jedi knight academy or outcast if I can only buy one?
>>
>>321604567
Jedi Academy
>>
>>321604567
Most people here seem to prefer Outcast for SP, but I like Academy more. Outcast has a better story, sure (not by much though), but Academy has more variety in maps and settings.
>>
>>321604567
academy
>>
Academy is all around superior gameplay wise with special saber moves (roll + stab is my favourite), but at the same time outcast is one story while academy is unrelated missions with the occasional story mission.

Both of them are great games, though
>>
>>321604634
>>321604705
>>321604745
>>321604791
thanks lads
>>
File: lightsaber fix.jpg (102 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber fix.jpg
102 KB, 620x400
It's kinda weird how in a jedi game 99.9% of the time you're just walking into places and killing anything that moves. I wish we would get Jedi Academy 2 with dialogue options so you can diplomacy your way or intimidate by just placing your light saber on the table.
>>
Who is obi wan kenobi, never saw any star wars besides TFA
>>
Realistic sabre combat just makes the game easy as fuck.
Don't do it.
>>
How far into Academy until I can be bad guy?

Is it Sith or just Dark Side?

Where the sith games @?
>>
>>321606398
KOTORS, Force Unreashedes?
>>
>>321606241
>so you can diplomacy your way or intimidate by just placing your light saber on the table.
Kyle Katarn tried that. He still ended up killing everyone including the bartender he was interrogating.

To put it simply, Jedi are fucking assholes. At least the Sith only kill republic soldiers and evildoers instead of random bar patrons who are scared for their lives.
>>
>>321606865
Actually the bartender survives.
>>
>>321606865
Go to bed Desaan
>>
Make sure to download the JK2 maps file located here and drop the .pk3 into your basefolder - http://pastebin.com/PdJPtDVS

Hey /v/, since September 28th 2010, I've been hosting servers for UT99 and UT2004, and now I host Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy with JK2 maps as well.
My User Name: InspecktahDeck - Steam Group Name: Speck's Unreal /V/idya. You don’t need the steam version to play, but having steam lets you receive announcements when we play. Discussion boards are now on the group page for users to discuss the games, servers, or suggest tweaks/changes, with some other fun stuff. If you have any problems joining, please post them in the thread, or steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal
>>
>>321604791
as far as i know academy didn't add anything to the combat in terms of gameplay. roll + stab was in outcast at least. it did add more styles of lightsabers though which added more combat styles.

>>321604567
my recommendation is outcast. it's not just the story that's better, but it feels more like a complete and thought out game than academy. you also play as a better character.
>>
what are some good mods to look at? ja+ looks to be the most popular along with movie battles. is that openjk thing required now?
>>
>>321606865
The bartender was a fucking dick. Kyle was just a guy with a lightsaber.
>>
>>321602843
Not the OP but what are the best mods besides MovieBattles II and MovieDuels?
>>
>>321602448
I don't like the realistic sabers cheat. It makes the game too easy. You can just run into enemies and instagib then without even swinging.
>>
>>321604567
Outcast. It feels more polished in the end. JKA has very little sense of progression.
>>
File: rosh_penin.jpg (159 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
rosh_penin.jpg
159 KB, 800x480
>>321603775
>Movie Rosh

Well, I'm glad we dodged that bulllet.
>>
>>321604567
academy is better and more multiplayer players
>>
>>321606398
Second to last level.

The planet with lava and shit.
>>
>>321604567

Both, they're cheap as fuck
>>
>>321607992
I didn't mean word for word, I just meant an academy with not-grandpa luke teaching.
>>
>>321608654
Well there was.

It just got rekt.

Kylo Ren is like Rosh if he sperged over Vader instead. I actually like him
>>
>>321608654
if you've seen VII, they actually pointedly DON'T explicitly write it out. Luke did still go and make some kind of Jedi training facility, before we're-supposed-to-assume-it-was-but-obviously couldn't-have-actually-been Kylo Ren pulled an Anakin 2.0 on it
>>
>>321602843
I can't get this shit to work even after trying everything on here
>>
>>321609015
I tried the last post on that steam thread and it worked even after it said "can't execute autoexec.cfg" on the console. Left it at 2 so it only happens when I attack but it doesn't happen every time, you have to really make a clean cut for body parts to dismember. Still more fun than before though.
>>
>>321602448
Why did all Jedi start wearing desert robes just because Obi-wan wears desert robes IN THE DESERT.
>>
>>321610270
Because samurai and shit. And it looks cool and gives a vibe.
>>
File: dwoght.jpg (38 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
dwoght.jpg
38 KB, 736x552
Read thread, on the fence about getting the game. Is it worth the $5 or whatever they're both for sale on Steam? Currently playing through KOTOR 1, onto KOTOR 2 after that, so these would be after those. Is there controller support for these as well?
>>
I dont fucking get how sabers work in JO/JA
Seriously what the fuck. Who thought it would be a good idea to have automatic block?
Whenever I fight a sith I just hold attack and wiggle around.
>>
>>321612176
one plays better with a mouse

don't remember which
>>
Single, dual, or doublebladed? Also which is best fighting style?
>>
>>321612964
green single fast stance master race
>>
>>321613289
>not "single green stance fast race master"
>>
>>321612964
In Jedi Academy, single bladed saber with strong force powers is OP as fuck. Force Pull impaling one-shots anything. Dual sabers are alright for mowing through shooters and whatnot, doublebladed is meme bullshit but can do some good impalings of a single and spinny spam shit of duals as well, so it's got bits of both.

Fighting stances, I don't remember much with JA, JO I prefered Yellow/Medium stance usually, Blue/Fast for fighting larger groups of weaker enemies. Switching to Red/Heavy stance at times to land a strong hit on an enemy jedi could be useful as well.
>>
>>321613917
Its pointless not to use dual/double when the game allows you to turn one off and go single
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.