[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys balance your job and video game time? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: b8f.jpg (30 KB, 680x501) Image search: [Google]
b8f.jpg
30 KB, 680x501
How do you guys balance your job and video game time?

>tfw no time for video games anymore
>tfw you finally get time to play video games but are too tired out to even care for vidya

You get a job, have all this money and then you have no time to be able to enjoy all that vidya you should be able to enjoy. It sucks /v/.
>>
>>321601776
You either play vidya or browse 4chin

Those are you options. Just wait until you get a girl friend. You won't have time for shit.
>>
work what you need to work and balance your sleep schedule. Also, if you have errands, get certain ones out of the way before it piles up.
It's difficult, but not impossible.
>>
>>321601776

>no time for vidya when job

You must be some schmuck then. Grow a pair and dictate when you'll work or finish an assignment instead of letting them tell you.

They don't give a shit about the process, they just want it done.

>tfw graphic designer and can bullshit a 1 week development period to ignorant clients when project can be finished in 4 hours
>>
>>321601776
I play on my days off.
I can't play after work. I just can't fucking do it.
>>
>>321602103
>>321602318
This freaking sucks. I was hoping to be able to start learning some programming (I eventually want to create vidya) but for shit's sake I have just about no time to actually enjoy anything anymore. The time I do have I just prefer to either fap or browse 4chan for a couple hours. Not even thinking about gf's at this point.

Why do people act like having a job is ever good?
>>
>>321602650

Salary makes me buy shit I want.

Not need.

Want.
>>
>>321602103
>just wait until you get a gf
lol i wont have to worry about that
im gonna be the first an in recent history to live a full life without ever having had a gf
>>
>>321601776
You basically have to neglect your girl and your kid/s and everything else for a few hours. Just like any other hobby really.... Everyone needs some downtime to unwind. If gaming is your preferred down time activity then make time for it simple as that.
>>
>>321602650
Go to school full time and work part time. That what I would advise. Programming is gay and the industry is complete shit right now.

>>321602828
You never know.
>>
I work part time (3 days a week). I make enough money to pay for stuff, including vidya. Leaves me plenty of free time to play when I want.
>>
>>321602495
>I can't play after work. I just can't fucking do it.

Me too anon. I'll be lucky if I have 8 hours after work to be able to play. To people that have been doing this grind shit forever they think it's plenty of time. It really isn't though. Before you know it those 8 hours are gone. This must be why people are always wanting to play multiplayer games now. JRPG's are completely out of the question for me.
>>
File: puppet.jpg (6 KB, 183x276) Image search: [Google]
puppet.jpg
6 KB, 183x276
Man I dread the day I have to get a wage slave job and work for the man for the rest of my life in the horrible horrible machine.

I just want to stay up and play vidya. In a utopian world there will only be vidya. Vidya will be God.
>>
>>321603141
I do too, but I have no money so I just waste away. It is not something I need to worry about since I am neeted forever apparently.
>>
>>321603141
>In a utopian world there will only be vidya. Vidya will be God.

http://viewcomic.com/invader-zim-005-2015/
>>
>>321601776
Simply be self employed. Way more lax, I make more than any 18 year old deserves to make for the hours I put in.
>>
>>321602936
As some anons said ealier, gf's take up a crap ton of time. I'm trying to "get into" other hobbies so that I appear more "desirable" but this shit just makes me with I was playing vidya instead. Most girls I met don't like vidya. I'm willing to bet most girls still don't like games. The shitty gaming media just likes to hype it up as if they do when most really don't in actuality.

Normal life is fucking garbage. I don't blame those NEET's for living the way they do. At least they get a ton of time to enjoy what they want.
>>321603008
I get that the industry is shit right now but as long as I can create maybe some smaller scale games with a couple of others I would be happyish with that. However as you said it's gay (haha programming what a nerd!) and I have to work full time now because I work construction. So unless I just quit I am going to have a harder time balancing work and vidya. If I take school my life will literally just become work. No vidya, no internet, not even tv, no pussy, no enjoyment whatsoever.

God why did I listen to that one faggot on 4chan that recommended I take up climbing for a hobby? This shit isn't that damn interesting and it's not like I am getting much out of it.

All other hobbies blow dick. I just want to play vidya again like when I was a teen.
>>
>>321603141
Enjoy your time while you still can friend. You have anything in your backlog? Get on that shit ass soon as you can.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.