[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lords of the Fallen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Lords of the fallen.jpg (75 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Lords of the fallen.jpg
75 KB, 600x337
About to get this game, is it worth the 10 bucks? Also LoF general thread
>>
Dude. Dont. Its really no good. Like, not even bad-game fun. They fucked up on every single front possible, it is not worth while in the fucking slightest.
>>
>literally the result of Bandai-Scamco getting scurred that From Software was making Bloodborne for Sony and they wouldn't have any more Souls games
>>
It's a very pretty game but the combat is clunky as fuck and so unsatisfying. There's no impact in your attacks or movements, whoch is also clunky. If you want to play for the story or graphics or something then it MIGHT be worth your time if they're that interesting to you but if you're gameplay-centric like me then it is NOT worth $10.
>>
>>321601846
how so? Can you elaborate pls?
>>
swing on sunday hit on wednesday
>>
It has Denuvo DRM, so just pirate it instead.
>>
So does anyone have a recommendation of a game I can get for 10?
>>
>>321600537
I think it's a decent hack and slash game, albeit a bit short. For $10 you can do way worse
>>
>>321602878
>it has anti-piracy software therefore you ahould pirate it

Retard
>>
>>321600537
I actually quite like it. As a guy who likes to play Knight/Warrior characters that are built like brick shit houses it was refreshing to play a Souls like game that encourages armoring through attacks rather than dodging everything.

I personally believe this game handles Souls/XP better than Souls does since there's a tangible, objective, risk reward system to not refilling your hp/potions at checkpoints since the longer you stay alive and kill more monsters without doing nets XP multipliers.

Even recovering your lost XP is better since it's more of a strategy, do I let it sit and dry out but gain a healing buff to fight this tough enemy, or do I just pick it back up and have all my xp in the safety of my possession?

The game is gorgeous running on really any settings.

I'll agree that the combat itself can feel pretty clunky and unsatisfying since Harkon often times looks like a bumbling oaf. However it does some interesting things where timing your attack strings well consumes less stamina so you can attack for longer if you're good enough to attack perfectly.

The devs wanted a very personal story around Harkon but quite honestly the writing and acting completely fail it.

Maybe not worth 29$, but certainly worth 10$ in my opinion. If only to experience how the Souls formula can be iterated upon.
>>
>>321600537
It's fucking terrible.

Not even like "It got shilled on /v/" or "it wasn't cracked on the get go" terrible, I pirated it very recently, it's not worth the trouble, it's just bad.
>>
>>321603784
It's more like:
>it has anti-piracy software that doesn't actually work therefore you should pirate it to remove it so it runs well
>>
>>321604091
That doesn't sound half bad
>>321602878
Not down to pirate just want a decent game on sale.

So then the story is shit and gameplay is shit too or is it just story im confused.
>>
>>321604563
The gameplay is your standard souls game, except i-frames in rolls occur half way through the animation, not at the start, so you need to anticipate attacks or roll away from them

if you roll away, there's almost never enough time to get back in the zone and punish the enemy

all enemies are ultra aggressive or waaay too passive, leading to taking damage like a retard or 15 minutes on a single enemy.

shields are useless, the devs thought that making enemies who bounce off your shield not have a recovery animation and immediately after attack was a good idea.

The DLC boss is nothing short of retarded ambiguous arbitrary bullshit

Some enemies are plain invulnerable to physical attacks, and you're stuck using your shitty magic, or, if you're lucky, a weapon that does magical attack (at the time, I had maybe 2, and the moveset sucked absolute dick)

Past the half point, the layout of the areas are a clusterfuck, and there's this one enemy that's really annoying to kill that's going to get spammed EVERYWHERE

Just don't dude, pirate it if you're REALLY inclined.
>>
>>321604997
Oh damn well I guess ill pick something else up then.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.