[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played the first Resident Evil. Is there any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: deletethis.jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
deletethis.jpg
44 KB, 460x215
I've never played the first Resident Evil. Is there any reason to get the original/director's cut over the remake?
>>
REmake is actually scary
>>
No. REmake is the definitive version of the game.
>>
There are two reasons to play the original.

1) Enjoy the shitty voice-acting.
2)You'll be able to appreciate how much of a fucking gigantic overhaul REMake is.
>>
They're pretty different, to be honest.

I'd play both, but if you have to get only one, get the REmake.
>>
>>321596789
you can have both though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdp28ve-6Aw
>>
File: 1449710349174.png (8 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1449710349174.png
8 KB, 570x533
resident evil was scary literally in the 1900's when everyone was young and dumb

this is pretty much the story of every japanese game, including everything on the PS2

it turns out japan actually sucks at making video games and is literally kept alive off pure nostalgia
>>
>>321597762
This guy knows what he's talking about.
>>
File: bhd_2015_11_06_14_43_36_684.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
bhd_2015_11_06_14_43_36_684.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
>Is there any reason to get the original/director's cut over the remake?

At this point, there's no reason to choose one over the other. The modifications to REmake's plot aren't canon (i.e. no mention of Lisa Trevor in subsequent RE games) so you can play either and then the rest of series.

No one knows what changes they'll make to the plot in RE2 remake though.
>>
>>321598685
This is excellent. The REmake has pretty bad acting too but not enough to be enjoyable
>>
>>321599468

But Lisa died, what's to talk about after that?. I don't see an actual reason for saying REmake isn't canon.
>>
>>321596563
it's shit. play 4-5-6
>>
>>321596563
Can anyone link me to the remake on steam I dont want to buy the wrong one.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.