[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>boss has 400 hp >players attacks do 1 or 0 damage per
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (44 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
44 KB, 460x215
>boss has 400 hp
>players attacks do 1 or 0 damage per hit

>player has 100 hp
>bosses attacks do 30 or more damage

How can anyone find artificial difficulty like this fun?
>>
>>321594537
>players attacks do 1 or 0 damage per hit
You're not high enough level for that boss.
Level up a few times and you should be good. Just dont over level or it wont be challenging
>>
git gud
>>
>>321594927
I know exactly what the faggot is talking about. It's the second boss, the blue girl demon bitch. She has 400 HP on Normal I believe, 600 on hard and 800 on nightmare. The way you beat her is by finding the fucking fire gem and charge your shots so they deal more damage. It has nothing to do with him being underleveled, it has to do with him being retarded.
>>
>>321594537
Use charged fireballs against her anon. You need the ruby first
>>
>>321594537
By not being retarded for long enough to attempt using magic.

The only artificial difficulty is that autistic people might have trouble doing that.
>>
>>321595298
Oh yeah, makes sense. Or could also be the harpies. I remember them only taking significant damage from their element
>>
>>321595809
Good luck reaching them with 100 hp.
>>
>>321594537
The point of the game is to not get hit in the first place.
>>
so i have to find an item that nobody tells you it exists just because its required to beat the boss and the game wont even give it to you?

this is just poor game design and impossible without a guide, of course /v/ will defend it because its japanese
>>
>people in this thread pretending levels don't matter at all
I love Ys, but it's a shitty tradition of the series that grinding one level can turn a 10 minute fight into a 2 minute one.
>>
>>321596132
When you first get the fire ability, the game tells you that you can find a ruby to give it charge shots
>>
>>321596132

NOT ONLY does no one tell you it exists but it is hidden well off the beaten track in an INVISIBLE BOX.

Yeah, fuck this game.
>>
File: cxvbcxvb.png (1 MB, 1004x601) Image search: [Google]
cxvbcxvb.png
1 MB, 1004x601
>>321596132
>>321596132
Yes. It's not like the item specifically tells you that there exist a way to charge your fireballs to increase their damage. Also fucking youtuve quality.
>>
>>321595298

He should check an FAQ
>>
>>321596493
Maybe if you actually explored instead of trying to follow a linear path you might not be mistaken for a complete and total faggot.
>>
File: inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>321596493
>invisible box
>it's transparent but visible
>>
This thread is why games are becoming more and more afraid to let players explore.
>>
>>321596683
>>321596707

He's referencing a shit tier review for OiF. I think it's Polygon's? It's been a while since I've seen the image.
>>
>>321596775
It's hardly exploring. It's just one turn. It's basically a staple of rpgs for there to be an item of some sort at the branching path
>>
>>321596193
True, but level isnt enough. It will go faster if youve got the right technique, but thats it. You will still get destroyed if you're over-leveled but dont know what youre doing.
>>
>>321595298

I fought the snake-dragon boss doing 1 damage at a time because I hadn't found a new sword before reaching it. I still won, eventually.

I also got the "Consult an FAQ" achievement.
>>
>>321597756
>because I hadn't found a new sword before reaching it.
You're a fucking retard.
>>
File: god hand.jpg (517 KB, 1326x1075) Image search: [Google]
god hand.jpg
517 KB, 1326x1075
>>321596887
>>
>>321597756
Admittedly, I didn't know you could buy swords initially so I was fighting Chester with that twig of a sword you receive in the beginning
>>
>>321597986

I meant a particular sword in that area. If I recall there's a fork in the road--top leads to a new sword while down leads to the wind bracelet and, subsequently, the boss.

Still, considering I was only doing 1 damage per hit it didn't really matter what I was holding.
>>
>>321594927
>You're not high enough level for that boss.
>Level up a few times
That sounds like awful game design.
>>
>>321599681

Experience scales in such a way to ensure that if you fight everything rather than running away you'll always be at the correct level for each boss, while overleveling will only occur when done deliberately.
>>
>>321599681
It's what I would consider to be the biggest flaw in the Ys series as a whole.

>>321600053
Maybe if you explored all the branching paths on the way as well, you'd be at the right level. I felt that Oath's regular enemies could be a huge pain to deal with half the time though, which encourages running past.

The entire Ruins area prior to Chester for instance, I feel like that was the worst area in the game for regular enemies. It felt like everything was either flying in the air, or exploded after you killed it.
>>
>>321594537
>How can anyone find artificial difficulty like this fun?
/v/ makes a habit of it. Just look at Dark Souls.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.