[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ tell me, what do you think about this game? Is it any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: X3.jpg (625 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
X3.jpg
625 KB, 1920x1200
Hey /v/ tell me, what do you think about this game?

Is it any good?

Thinking about buying it on sale.
>>
>>321592793
its good, as is albion prelude.

menus are shitty though, and so is pathfinding, but if you can live with it theres no better game in its genre.
>>
It's good if you enjoy sandbox games. You can become a pirate, create a trading empire based on space drugs, colonize systems, micromanage huge fleets and so on.
>>
>>321592793
Extremely great game. Just be sure to save often.
>>
>>321594589
>>321595693

Thx for the info, just out of curiosity, any tutorials? or the game just begins like: heres your ship, do wtf you want with it?
>>
amazing game, best space sandbox out there, even with newer games like E:D out, there are very few sandbox games where you can just go out and do "anything", X3 gets pretty damn close. . to fix "broken" pathfinding to avoid crashing into asteroids, either don't set SETA to to 1000% or download Litcubes bounce script. This game loves mods and scripts and community made content, its extremely overwhelming figuring out which you want, but can change the game in a million awesome ways.

the game itself can be a bit confusing to get into, deep as a puddle but wide as an ocean, its not particularly difficult but theres a lot of shit you have to know or else you'll be utterly lost, like what kind of equipment you'll need to do X task. And a lot of tasks are impossible without the right equipment. So don't go off accepting missions until you have the proper equipment (docking computer, hyperdrive, cargo bay life support system etc for example), even if it is rated as "Easy".
>>
>>321596682
http://roguey.co.uk/x3ap/help/

https://doghouseblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/02/derp-guides-x3-ap-humble-merchant-guide-chapter-1-starting-your-empire/
>>
>>321597240
>>321597572

Thanks
>>
Don't expect much mod support outside a few big total conversions. Most of the modders are long gone and put their stuff mostly on rapidshare.
>>
>>321592793
Played it for 24 hours. Still didn't know what I was doing.

It's a nice game to get lost in.
>>
>>321598226
I haven't played X3 for a while but I'm pretty sure you're wrong, any script of mod worth its salt can still be found on egosofts forum, in fact I'm pretty sure that was the only place to get X3 mods except for XRM.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690
>>
>>321598525
I was just playing AP a few months ago. The big X Universe site that hosted most mods died awhile ago. And most old mods for TC were on rapidshare which is also gone. As I said, outside massive conversion mods like litcube and XTC, individual mods are harder to find. For example, looking for a standalone engine trail mod that still works with the latest patch, or a non-shit looking cockpit mod.
>>
>>321598929

A pity, still, are the mods really important for this game?
>>
>>321599273
They're nice to have, but far from essential.
>>
>>321599273
There are many scripts that make you wonder why they weren't a part of the main game. Much like some of the "official scripts" that started out as mods originally. Fortunately you can still find most of these since they typically had smaller filesize and could be hosted easier. Whether they are updated or still work is another question.

Also, there were some really good ship mods that didn't depend on massive remakes, but most of them are way out of date, if you can even find them anymore.
>>
What ever happened with rebirth anyways? Did they ever come clean about obviously trying to make it for consoles with actual fucking tablet controls?
>>
What I find.... disturbing about this kind of games is that right at the start introduces you into a word that you can do almost everything.

I guess that most of the times is somewhat overwhelming , I guess they should at least introduce you to some examples of what you can do and from that point on lets you "spread your wings"
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.