[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Super Mario Maker Datamined DLC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: DataminedDesertDLC.jpg (100 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
DataminedDesertDLC.jpg
100 KB, 960x540
I was recently looking through the inner workings of Super Mario Maker after the recent update. I found an some interesting things. Keep in mind, I had to force the games textures in the previous version style to avoid any weirdness. I also had to replace four random tiles. Trying to use any of these items causes the game to crash, but you can shake a Pokey to get a Fruit Pokey (Pokey's that switch from spiked to Yoshi Food every few seconds)
What the "desert update" adds:
The Angry Sun (Enemy)
Pokey/Fruit Pokey (Enemy)
Water/Lava/Quicksand (Tile)
Fire Snake (Enemy)
Fire Bros (Enemy, Fuse a Fire Flower and a Hammer Bro)
Desert Theme

Trying to use any of this in the game's current state will cause it to crash. The sun cannot be made bigger with a mushroom, neither can a Pokey
>>
>>321591841
Desert Theme? Bullshit, I don't believe you
>>
>>321591841
source the datamine
>>
File: WAAAAH.gif (214 KB, 274x249) Image search: [Google]
WAAAAH.gif
214 KB, 274x249
>>321591841
>The Angry Sun (Enemy)
>Water/Lava/Quicksand (Tile)
>Fire Bros (Enemy, Fuse a Fire Flower and a Hammer Bro)
>Desert Theme
bullshit.
Bullshit.
BULLSHIT.
I WANT TO BELIEVE REEEEEEEEEEE PLEASE BE TRUEE
>>
>>321591841
Fake and gay
>>
god i hope so

I unlocked all the stuff so far, I think. But there's one last category that's completely empty. What's it for?
>>
>>321592528
Just a custom build spot to put your most used tiles on.
>>
>>321593040
oh

anyways, why is it that pretty much no one has played my levels?
>>
>>321593397
You're not shilling on /v/ enough
>>
>>321593397
because they're shit just like mine :(

let's play each other's shitty levels
>>
>>321593397
Do you try to make actual levels or gimmicky things?
>>
I don't know if this is all part of a pack, but I do know they all fit together. Of course the Quicksand is just a shaken Water Tile, so it's hard to decide, however Pokeys and Flame Snakes are mostly in deserts in classic Mario games.
>>
No source: Talking unfiltered shite.
>>
why do you do this, no one ever falls for it
>>
>>321594028
I guess I'm trying? The few levels I have up are short to medium length, I'm trying to keep them as unobnoxious as possible, but still trying some mild difficulty.

I think currently its that my levels just dont register on the system to appear in 100 man stuff, and its waay too late for people to happen into them in the browser
>>
>>321594615
That would be why, most people would rather some stupid instant gratification auto level than anything interesting. I personally like trying to make things that are somewhat difficult or just plain bullshit hard requiring advanced skills that no one ever seems to know about. I kinda just like being a dick.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.