[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anywhere that I can find a physical copy of this fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: bayo2.jpg (155 KB, 636x912) Image search: [Google]
bayo2.jpg
155 KB, 636x912
Is there anywhere that I can find a physical copy of this fucking game? I've been looking everywhere, and the only place I've found them at is on Ebay for $100. What kind of bullshit is this? Why is this game so hard to find now? Like 2 weeks ago, there were copies everywhere for $40.
>>
no sympathy. Should have gotten it while it was out.
>>
>>321590445
My bro and I got lucky and went out to target today and got the last 2 copys at target. That fucker was gonna buy one on the down low and not tell me if there was only one copy. FUCK YOU JACOB
>>
>>321590565
Why? Do you support people who buy out shit just to resell for a high mark up over real fans who maybe haven't had a chance to get the game or someone new to the series who now won't get a chance to play it because of the inflated price? You're a faggot.
>>
Capitalism. Hope you love it.
>>
>>321590445
not op but if i buy this game digitally does it still come with bayo 1?
>>
>>321591537
Yup
>>
File: kamiya.jpg (165 KB, 640x1121) Image search: [Google]
kamiya.jpg
165 KB, 640x1121
>>
Did I luck the fuck out or something? I got 1 and 2 for $30 at gamestop a week ago. Had no idea it was rare
>>
>>321591616
wait I thought it didn't.

But buying it on the store said it gave a hefty discount on Bayo 1

>>321591739
same here nigger. I think it's just harder to get some places.
>>
>>321590445
Nintedo prints few copies for niche games. Just buy it digitally. There's a discount for getting both games too.
>>
This gen nintendo loves to put games out of print

take a look at some of the early released 3DS games like Kid Icarus
>>
File: thumbsmaterias.php.jpg (25 KB, 280x220) Image search: [Google]
thumbsmaterias.php.jpg
25 KB, 280x220
In my house ;)
>>
>>321591386
That's not what happened though. What happened was that the game was more popular than Nintendo expected and Nintendo almost never does second printings
>>
>>321591796
It doesn't. This is how it works. Bayo 2 is $49.99 on the E Shop. Bayo 1 is $29.99. If you buy Bayo 2 for full price you get a code to get Bayo 1 for $10. In the US Bayo 2 and 1 psychical come bundled together, in Europe the bundle is only for the LE and the non LE ver is the stand alone Bayo 2 game.
>>
>>321592237
They just reprint Mario shit.
>>
>>321592237
>More popular

Dude, the game has been out for more than a year with plenty of copies left. Then the Bayo in Smash announcement came and with that huge hype all copies are gone immediately and listings for Bayonetta 2 for $100 on ebay start popping up. You seriously think this wasn't the work of re-sellers?
>>
>>321590445
>Like 2 weeks ago, there were copies everywhere for $40.

That was when you were supposed to buy it. that was when all in print copies got sold out. I know it's bullshit that nintendo underprints, but stop treating the physical retail market like it's a steam marketplace and you'll just buy it when it's 5 dollars
>>
Eshop exists for a reason
>>
>>321592409
No, I think it was the work of people like OP who decided to get the game with the announcement and got the last few remaining copies. I know the Gamestop near me has been sold out for months since one of my friends was complaining about not being able to find it a while ago.
>>
>>321592409
A little while ago the last copies went on clearance for around $35. Why would Nintendo bother doing that for eBay scalpers?
>>
>>321592590
>Buying digitally

You are literally what's wrong with gaming today.
>>
>>321592590

I much prefer physical versions, and ham really sad I was pretty much forced to buy pikmin 3 digitally. I didn't even get a wii u until they were all 100+ dollars
>>
>>321592590
eShop shits the bed with games being tied to the console and not the account.
>>
Should I just get wooly world now, or do you think that game will only get pricier?

It's not a game I super want, but I love building my wii u collection
>>
>>321590445

This is why I don't have a Wii U yet. Every time I feel the urge to just say "fuck it" and get one, sketchy shit like this happens. I know I'm over-generalizing, but I want a guarantee that no bullshit shortages happen to essential games like the one in the OP.
>>
>>321593105
I think the only Wii U game that has gone down in price is W101
>>
>>321593161

Honestly if you are waiting for the prices of games to drop, you will never get a wii u.

A lot of them had a sale around 40, and then will never get a sale again/only get more expensive.

Even with the reprint, and being bundled in consoles with a luigi u expansion, mario u is 60. Pikmin 3 is like 100. Bayo 2 is like 100. Smash is still 60 I believe. MK8 is still 60 I believe. Mario U MIGHT drop in price. SPlatoon just had a blac friday deal, and otherwise might drop as kids sell it and move on. 3d world is still around 60 (55 dollars too much for that garbage). There's no way xenoblade x won't be 100 in a few months.

W101 and some third party games are cheap, but otherwise being a wii u owner means waiting for the one sale, and seizing it there, even if it's not that much of a drop
>>
>>321590445
Randomly got one a few months ago used at a Gamestop. I don't really go in there a lot but when I did, I picked it up.

Didn't know it was rare
>>
>>321593105
Not him but adding to this, anyone think that Xenoblade Chronicles X will go the way of Bayonetta 2 and Pikmin 3 and become rare to find?
>>
>>321590445
I got it when it came out. I almost never pay full price for anything, but there was no way Bayo 2 could be anything but good. I refuse to indulge the possibility that it could have been anything below 9/10, and it isn't.
>>
>>321593685

absolutely. I'm pretty sure they didn't print much (on release day, stores only got like 2 copies each) and I'm guessing collectors saw how the first xenoblade went up in price
>>
>>321593957

Yeah, I got it for 40, but I wouldn't cry if I paid 60 for it. There were still so many faggots that didn't play the first either though, and even two games wasn't enough to make them cough up 40 bucks
>>
>think you are bullshitting
>check ebay
>most of them are above 60
buying something and not playing it finally payed off.
>>
>>321593645

You're probably right. I'm really into collecting games, so having prices shoot up like an active volcano at random makes things way less attractive to me. It might not be so bad if they doubled-down on hard drive space. I like the console and all and I support it, but it's basic things like not being able to coordinate stock that scares me away. Nintendo should've been aware that they'd generate hype for a long-released game with a Smash announcement and had taken advantage of it.
>>
>>321594257
Sell it to OP, don't be a fag.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.