[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of picking up pic related. Can I get some honest user
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Yoshis-Wooly-world1-1024x576.jpg (190 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Yoshis-Wooly-world1-1024x576.jpg
190 KB, 1024x576
Thinking of picking up pic related. Can I get some honest user reviews?
>>
>>321589906
Its cute and fun.
>>
Pretty fun, obnoxiously easy gameplay, frustratingly hard hidden stuff
>>
>>321589906
It feels like Yoshi's Island. The aesthetics are a bit different, less of a creepy weird vibe, but the gameplay is the same with even more added in. It's also got the same "oh you didn't go the right way to get this secret haha fuck you" kind of stuff, which is great.
>>
If you liked Yoshi's island you'll like it.
>>
I fucking hate this game because it stresses me the fuck out whenever I play it. I'm nervous I'm constantly missing collectibles which causes me to autistically check every inch of every area I'm in and I get upset which causes me to lose focus and get hit by cutesy looking enemies and lose hearts which in turn makes me angry and I usually am on the verge of tears after a couple of levels. I can play horror games no problem but fuck this game, seriously.
>>
An actually deserving sequel to Yoshi's Island.

It's debatably better than the original, just because it makes minor improvements (you have a life bar, which is generous but you can't cheese enemies and take unlimited hits like in Yoshi's Island).

Getting 100% on levels is a sound challenge, harder than the original.

Bosses are less diverse, but you unlock boss theater after you beat the game which allows for harder boss fights, which are more challenging than the original game's bosses for sure.

Aesthetic is very charming and used in clever ways. Hidden things are EVERYWHERE. If you get autistic over finding stuff you might want to steer clear of it. It will take you more than one try to 100% many levels.
>>
>>321590361
>>321590314
See like this guy is too autistic for the collecting, it's not DK64 tier, finding the stuff is more fun than that, but there is a lot and it's very easy to miss like 1 bead.
>>
Yoshi's Island without the annoying Baby Mario plus the based yarn aesthetic, but, with all the B-Team stage design and lack of depth you've come to expect from modern Nintendo. Not at all built for co-op.
>>
>>321589906
Best Yoshi game to come out since the original. It's on the easy side but it's suppose to be relaxing not challenging. Unless you're going for a 100% run on the first time through.

Also comfy as fuck!
>>
>>321590361
>Getting 100% on levels is a sound challenge, harder than the original.

In one run? Yes.
But you can just get bits and pieces of the collectibles in multiple playthroughs until you've collected it all.
>>
>>321589906
>Good artstyle and design
>Fun gameplay
>Extremely simple
>Collectibles are obnoxious, and 90% of them are just hidden cloud balloons that are invisible and will not trigger unless you jump up and down everywhere in a specific spot
>Bosses are fun, but some of the boss models gets reused for no real reason when that boss fight could have been an entirely new enemy since none of the mechanics are from the previous boss fight, e.g. the Paratroopa
>Tons of different Yoshi skins for all sorts of tastes, especially if you have any amiibo
>Two-player is fun because why not
>Pointless currency shop system
>Being able to always have Poochy is fun and adorable
>Being able to always have Poochy makes any level too easy
>Secret bonus stages have a +500% difficulty rating compared to the normal stages, but they're still not that hard or anything
>>
>>321590706
>But you can just get bits and pieces of the collectibles in multiple playthroughs until you've collected it all
Right, but most people will not get a 100% on their first try for many levels.

I'm fairly thorough and on my first playthrough I only 100% about 16 levels? I got a LOT of other collectibles, probably like 80% of them, but 20% of collectibles still evaded me despite looking a decent amount. You really need to commit time to replaying.

It's worth it though the secret levels are much more challenging.
>>
>>321590803
>Pointless currency shop system
If you suck it's not pointless.

Also I bet a lot of people buy the badge that helps detect hidden collectibles.
>>
>>321590959
It's pointless because this game is already super easy to clear. The shop was made intentionally for children, but I guess there's no harm in that. Some of the power-ups are rather trivial and not even worth buying, though.
>>
Completing the game is normal

getting %100 is hell but atleast it's split fairly, you only need to collect the flowers to get the secret levels, the secret levels themselves will kick your fucking ass

Also despite the bosses looking great most were rehashes
>>
>>321591101
>It's pointless because this game is already super easy to clear
To clear, sure.

You haven't beat all the special levels and the boss theater though, I can tell just by the shit you're saying.
>>
>>321591182
Huh? I finished the game 100% a long while back. Nice job assuming things because you disagree with my opinion.

The only special stage that's even remotely difficult is the Piranha Plant one, and that's only if you want to get every collectible in one go. The boss rush is a joke.
>>
>>321591436
I don't believe you but that's fair enough.
>>
It's fun and so fucking cute. It's a little easy outside of the special stages, though. Collecting things could be a bother, especially the stamps, but mostly wasn't too bad. The soundtrack is fucking amazing. It feels kinda short. I think I spent 13 hours on it and nearly 100%ed, all flowers and yarns, but some stages I didn't want to get all the stamps/hearts.
>>
>>321591560
Oh yeah, and the same two midbosses repeatedly felt cheap. Even if they did change up their tactics.
>>
>>321591486
>I don't believe you got 100% in a modern Nintendo game
Okay. Maybe if we were talking about getting 200% in Tropical Freeze or something (which I also did), but this is Woolly World, man.
>>
>>321591787
>>321591560
Have you completed the boss theater?
>>
>>321591883
Yes I did. Got my gold and platinum yoshis. I think the koopa midboss with all the bullet bills took me the most attempts on the boss rush. Though babby bowser's first half was a pain too.
>>
File: 1432600860787.jpg (13 KB, 211x208) Image search: [Google]
1432600860787.jpg
13 KB, 211x208
This game exposed my hypocritical tendencies.

I think its a better game than Yoshis Island.
At the same time I cant enjoy it as much because the visuals and the music arent as good.
>>
>>321589906
It's not bad. Yoshi's Island is better.

Don't pay full price but play it if you liked the SNES one.

The vibrant colors and thick black lines of the first game created a much more interesting looking and memorable world than the one you will find made of yarn.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.